• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Win, The Outside Runs and The Weather

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
7630DE22-7F08-4992-A829-3F8839D8DFAD.jpeg

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Hey guys,

49er fan here. I wanted to congratulate you on a great win. You guys easily have the best team in the AFC. I love that you guys play tough old school ball. Love watching Jackson, that guy is electric.

Good luck the rest of the way, hopefully we can play again in a few months.
Thanks for the kind words!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Am now seeing some 9ers fans do the same thing that pats fans did and try and rationalise it by saying they were just doing x because they wanted to see whether we did y or z and that they’ll have a “real” defensive game plan for when we meet again in the playoffs... Super Bowl
Playoffs....Playoffs....

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I feel like there's a strong overreaction in regards to Marcus Peters. Yes, the WR and DB have a right to the ball, but how is it okay for the WR to completely elbow the DB in the jaw? I thought Harbaugh should have threw up a challenge and even though he would have lost it, I feel like in some occasions it shows your guy that you got complete trust in him. I wish Peters would have made a bit of a better attempt at the ball because im sure he might have drawn an OPI there. Peters had good coverage and it looked like Samuels even pushed off

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel like there's a strong overreaction in regards to Marcus Peters. Yes, the WR and DB have a right to the ball, but how is it okay for the WR to completely elbow the DB in the jaw? I thought Harbaugh should have threw up a challenge and even though he would have lost it, I feel like in some occasions it shows your guy that you got complete trust in him. I wish Peters would have made a bit of a better attempt at the ball because im sure he might have drawn an OPI there. Peters had good coverage and it looked like Samuels even pushed off

supposedly the PI should have been automatically reviewed because it was a scoring play (but this week a couple of coaches challenged turnovers and had the play overturned which is really odd... but supposedly harbs shouldnt be able to challenge that play because it should be under review already

im not sure people are overreacting to peters - more that we've known what his weaknesses were and this was the first game where they got exploited partly due to the team we were playing against and partly due to the weather

the td reception is one where you'd like him to play it better - was good coverage and in good position coming over the top but he got out physicalled (legally or illegally is up to your own discretion)

he had a really terrible quarter and was at fault for both tds but bounced back - we didnt give up a single completion of more than 18 yards after that first drive and peters is partly to do with that - in fact the defence as a whole bounced back in the 2nd half - we gave up only 3 points and just over 100 yards for the whole 2nd half despite it feeling like the 49ers were running over us at will

good adjustments on defence

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t want to see those cheap shot artists on defense for another four years

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey guys,

49er fan here. I wanted to congratulate you on a great win. You guys easily have the best team in the AFC. I love that you guys play tough old school ball. Love watching Jackson, that guy is electric.

we very well could have a rematch of epic proportions on February 2nd. Wish you guys well as well and agree it was a good effort on both sides of the ball. BTW, love Kyle's play calling.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Our OL did very well against arguably the best defensive line in the league....

PFF grades, FWIW (We'll compare to Ken's when they come in)

Stanley - 88.2 PBLK / 64.2 RBLK / 0 pressures
Bozeman - 62.3 PBLK / 60.3 RBLK / 0 pressures
Mekari - 81 PBLK / 66.6 RBLK / 0 pressures
Yanda - 67.6 PBLK / 58.8 RBLK / 1 pressure
Brown Jr - 72.8 PBLK / 54.3 RBLK / 2 pressures

Lamar was credited for the sack, not an OL player, so that's the 4th pressure.

Nick Boyle had a 78.3 RBLK FWIW

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Hey guys,

Great game. Quick question. Many of us didn't see our team performing like this, this year. Did many San Fran expect this or is it coming as a shock to you all as well?

Good luck!

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
What I'm most stunned by is taking up 6:28 on a 34 yard drive. I don't recall something like that anywhere before, particularly with a time out and the 2 minute warning in there. Ending the game like that was surreal to me.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our OL did very well against arguably the best defensive line in the league....

PFF grades, FWIW (We'll compare to Ken's when they come in)

Stanley - 88.2 PBLK / 64.2 RBLK / 0 pressures
Bozeman - 62.3 PBLK / 60.3 RBLK / 0 pressures
Mekari - 81 PBLK / 66.6 RBLK / 0 pressures
Yanda - 67.6 PBLK / 58.8 RBLK / 1 pressure
Brown Jr - 72.8 PBLK / 54.3 RBLK / 2 pressures

Lamar was credited for the sack, not an OL player, so that's the 4th pressure.

Nick Boyle had a 78.3 RBLK FWIW

Mekari has really impressed me in these two games.

Surprised by Yanda's grade. thought he was excellent. Brown has been superb in pass protection but he needs to channel his dads nasty streak with his run blocking.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What I'm most stunned by is taking up 6:28 on a 34 yard drive. I don't recall something like that anywhere before, particularly with a time out and the 2 minute warning in there. Ending the game like that was surreal to me.
yes, it was really impressive.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gotta love the 49ers forums where some posters felt their team should take some dirty hits on Lamar. Just disgusting but based on their comments during our Super Bowl run it doesn't surprise me.

49er fan

Practice Squad
Great game. Quick question. Many of us didn't see our team performing like this, this year. Did many San Fran expect this or is it coming as a shock to you all as well?

Good luck!

Well the delusional fans would say that of course we expected to be 10-2 at this point in the season. My expectations were to be competitive in most games and end up 8-8 or 9-7 so I for one am just enjoying the ride.

49er fan

Practice Squad
Gotta love the 49ers forums where some posters felt their team should take some dirty hits on Lamar. Just disgusting but based on their comments during our Super Bowl run it doesn't surprise me.

Every fan base have idiots. I tend to think these guys are just trolls. I can't imagine any logical person would want to see people get hurt. I hate Seattle, HATE but I don't want to see any players injured.