• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That's surprising. I would've thought they'd covet his athleticism and ball skills, also Clemson WRs have worked out really well in the nfl so far.

Maybe they worry about his drops. But I'll take that with some of the catches hes able to make.
Mims makes tougher catches and doesn't drop many passes.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mims makes tougher catches and doesn't drop many passes.
Idk about tougher catches but I still prefer Higgins. I just think hes more explosive than Mims. Had a higher ceiling. Mims could be had later though and has a higher floor but I worry Mims is just gonna be a possession guy in the NFL which is fine but I dont see him ever becoming a star like Higgins could be.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's surprising. I would've thought they'd covet his athleticism and ball skills, also Clemson WRs have worked out really well in the nfl so far.

Maybe they worry about his drops. But I'll take that with some of the catches hes able to make.

i think the air-time he got at clemson definitely pushed him up some media boards probably higher than he should have been and maybe this disparity is due to that - i wonder if over time there's some sort of course correction or whether there remains a gap even until draft day - and i think 40 times are gonna be huge to sort out the eventual order of this class

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Idk about tougher catches but I still prefer Higgins. I just think hes more explosive than Mims. Had a higher ceiling. Mims could be had later though and has a higher floor but I worry Mims is just gonna be a possession guy in the NFL which is fine but I dont see him ever becoming a star like Higgins could be.

idk - mims looks like he could be a star to me - especially with the route running work he appears to have put in since the season ended too - my one real worry was him against press and then he came and dominated the press with varied physical releases at the senior bowl and just took every single DBs lunch money - ill be interested to see how fast he runs but he looks like he has long speed

tee higgins is probably more sudden but i just see way more nuances in mims's game and he's much better at the catch point - higgins definitely has a high ceiling but i dont see mims as being just a possession guy especially with the way he stacks DBs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A16492CD-D94F-41C1-8F88-17FF4546C248.png

I’d be more hype for this than 2018 lmao

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We can’t pick at 28, we have to move back. With a number of receivers we could take like raegor, Jefferson, hamler, guys like Cesar Ruiz, zack Baun, Curtis weaver, and Neville gallimore, there’s just way too much value at the start of round 2 and there’s also huge value in rounds 3 and 4, and we need extra picks in those rounds.

If we aren’t able to make a sizable trade back, and land at the very least a 3 and 4, I’ll be pretty annoyed, I just can’t see any scenario where that isn’t hands down the best bet.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 2179
I’d be more hype for this than 2018 lmao

id say that 2nd round pick makes the 3rd round pick better which is a cool combo - i think id be more hype for basically every pick except the 1st rounder in this scenario - i mean i like all 6 of those guys but feel like there's probably someone id prefer over baun available at 28

to me all 4 of those first 4 players are possibly going to have 2nd round grades from me (Jefferson might be a 3) - bredeson's good value there in the 4th and perrine's great value there in the 5th

honestly this just makes me more and more sure that we're going to do everything we can to get out of the 28th pick

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
id say that 2nd round pick makes the 3rd round pick better which is a cool combo - i think id be more hype for basically every pick except the 1st rounder in this scenario - i mean i like all 6 of those guys but feel like there's probably someone id prefer over baun available at 28

to me all 4 of those first 4 players are possibly going to have 2nd round grades from me (Jefferson might be a 3) - bredeson's good value there in the 4th and perrine's great value there in the 5th

honestly this just makes me more and more sure that we're going to do everything we can to get out of the 28th pick
I’ve really grown to like zack Baun, he’s on my short list and he’s my flavor of the month prospect for us lol. He’s got a whole lot he brings to the table and he does it all well, and really he just passes the eye test, some players when I watch them it just feels like you’re watching a future star player. I felt that way watching Mark Andrews, Derwin James, tredavious white, tj watt, Jalen Ramsey, Marcus Peters, Odell Beckham, these guys all just looked like superstars to me when I watched them and I couldn’t really quantify it, I just have that feeling with zack Baun as well

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’ve really grown to like zack Baun, he’s on my short list and he’s my flavor of the month prospect for us lol. He’s got a whole lot he brings to the table and he does it all well, and really he just passes the eye test, some players when I watch them it just feels like you’re watching a future star player. I felt that way watching Mark Andrews, Derwin James, tredavious white, tj watt, Jalen Ramsey, Marcus Peters, Odell Beckham, these guys all just looked like superstars to me when I watched them and I couldn’t really quantify it, I just have that feeling with zack Baun as well

for what it's worth ive got a high 2nd grade on him so its not that i think you're miles off - i just foresee having players i like a lot more left on the board when we pick at 28

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t know how it will be possible, and it probably won’t be, but I’d be ok with completely overlooking the defense if we could land: Cesar Ruiz, jaelen raegor, and Damien Lewis. To get those first 2 we would almost certainly need to trade Judon for a 2, or trade a future 2 to move up. But that would have our OL set to be DOMINANT in 2020 and for as long as yanda stays, and it would still be a bully even after yanda retires, it would also finally give us a dangerous returner and homerun bitter at WR ala mecole hardman in KC.

Every offseason is now gonna be an arms race between us and KC, who can get the pieces to get one more stop than the other, who can get the pieces to get one more big play than the other. I feel like this class is sneaky good at IOL and obviously loaded at WR and I just want us to capitalize because as badly as we need edge and ILB and DL, we need those just as badly and this class supports one and not the other.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t know how it will be possible, and it probably won’t be, but I’d be ok with completely overlooking the defense if we could land: Cesar Ruiz, jaelen raegor, and Damien Lewis. To get those first 2 we would almost certainly need to trade Judon for a 2, or trade a future 2 to move up. But that would have our OL set to be DOMINANT in 2020 and for as long as yanda stays, and it would still be a bully even after yanda retires, it would also finally give us a dangerous returner and homerun bitter at WR ala mecole hardman in KC.

Every offseason is now gonna be an arms race between us and KC, who can get the pieces to get one more stop than the other, who can get the pieces to get one more big play than the other. I feel like this class is sneaky good at IOL and obviously loaded at WR and I just want us to capitalize because as badly as we need edge and ILB and DL, we need those just as badly and this class supports one and not the other.

its ok at IOL there's not a lot of great prospects but there's a lot of interesting early day 3 guys - ive graded 26 IOL so far - 9 have day 2 or better grades, but ive got 7 who ive got early day 3 grades right now but there's intriguing players all the way down to round 5 just not many in day 1 or 2

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

So you like reagor too? My guy!!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Idk if we could overlook the defense though well unless we get some pieces in offseason. Our front 7 is very terrible

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So you like reagor too? My guy!!
God damn skippy I like raegor. He’s not just a really dangerous deep threat, he’s possibly the scariest home run hitter in the class.

also, think about this... what was the X factor that got us over the SB hump? Return man/WR making plays in both phases. I’ve been really big on making sure we get a returner out of this class, raegor is the most dangerous one by far

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Idk if we could overlook the defense though well unless we get some pieces in offseason. Our front 7 is very terrible
I know, I’m hoping we can make enough difference in FA, and make some trades, so that we can make like 2 day 2 picks to make all the difference

unrealistic, I know lol

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
I know, I’m hoping we can make enough difference in FA, and make some trades, so that we can make like 2 day 2 picks to make all the difference

unrealistic, I know lol
This is absolutely the dream. The type of draft we have coming up is set up for surrounding Lamar with playmakers. We got to fix the front 7 in free agency so we are free to make the best decisions come draft time. In Eric We Trust.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
God damn skippy I like raegor. He’s not just a really dangerous deep threat, he’s possibly the scariest home run hitter in the class.

also, think about this... what was the X factor that got us over the SB hump? Return man/WR making plays in both phases. I’ve been really big on making sure we get a returner out of this class, raegor is the most dangerous one by far
Hell yea i agree. He also plays bigger than his size which also stands out to me

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

unrealistic, I know lol
Not all that unrealistic. We could very well sign or trade for some defensive pieces which will most likely happen anyway. Not to mention judon could possibly be on his way out.. only tough part is us not going defense with either first or 2nd pick