• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 2191
holy shit this would be a dream draft. This is probably the best any mock generator has panned out for me

only one I didn’t like was Tyler Johnson

the 2, 3, 4, 4 there is insane - you might not like tyler johnson but in the 4th round that's a great pick - if anything jefferson might be the worst value of those picks lol

madubuike and kareem added to this defensive front would be awesome - with ADG coming in to play LB for us too that would be outrageous dynamism added to the front 7

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the 2, 3, 4, 4 there is insane - you might not like tyler johnson but in the 4th round that's a great pick - if anything jefferson might be the worst value of those picks lol

madubuike and kareem added to this defensive front would be awesome - with ADG coming in to play LB for us too that would be outrageous dynamism added to the front 7
I’m higher on Jefferson than most and that’s fine. I can’t remember who else was available but I was kinda trying to draft based off of the notes You had shared from the presser, and Jefferson fit that profile and the only others I liked there was Baun and Ruiz and based on those notes I wasn’t sure about them as ravens fits.

so literally I took those notes completely to heart and tried to draft based on that lol. I’m being dramatic as usual

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m higher on Jefferson than most and that’s fine. I can’t remember who else was available but I was kinda trying to draft based off of the notes You had shared from the presser, and Jefferson fit that profile and the only others I liked there was Baun and Ruiz and based on those notes I wasn’t sure about them as ravens fits.

so literally I took those notes completely to heart and tried to draft based on that lol. I’m being dramatic as usual

yeah i mean the notes are what i parsed from what he said - not quite verbatim because EDC is mastering the say absolutely nothing but sound like you said loads schtick

with regards to receivers EDC and Hortiz have both talked about separation but they've also both talked about speed - now jefferson clearly has the "feel" that hortiz was talking about - that understanding of how to find space and get open even without elite speed or a crazy frame but just from the way he talked about it, it was clear that first and foremost he was thinking about that separation being created via speed and quickness but that its not enough to just be fast/quick you have to have the feel to...

jefferson's not a bad pick at 28 its just of that generated mock it's the least "value" (to me) of the first 4/5 picks there - but the nature of those generators is that the value will always get better the later you get in the draft

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yeah i mean the notes are what i parsed from what he said - not quite verbatim because EDC is mastering the say absolutely nothing but sound like you said loads schtick

with regards to receivers EDC and Hortiz have both talked about separation but they've also both talked about speed - now jefferson clearly has the "feel" that hortiz was talking about - that understanding of how to find space and get open even without elite speed or a crazy frame but just from the way he talked about it, it was clear that first and foremost he was thinking about that separation being created via speed and quickness but that its not enough to just be fast/quick you have to have the feel to...

jefferson's not a bad pick at 28 its just of that generated mock it's the least "value" (to me) of the first 4/5 picks there - but the nature of those generators is that the value will always get better the later you get in the draft
I got you. Although I think Jefferson’s speed and quicks are being really underrated, like he’s an uber technician with stellar hands so maybe he’s kinda written off as an unflashy prospect, but his likely lower 4.4 speed is reached almost instantly and he changes direction as quickly as anyone in the class, he’s not exploding in different directions like a jeudy or raegor, he’s more subtle with it, but he damn sure is lightning quick.

I personally think he’s a value at 28 and I think most don’t agree and I think there’s a reason for that, in a class with so many flashy wrs he’s less flashy than most

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I got you. Although I think Jefferson’s speed and quicks are being really underrated, like he’s an uber technician with stellar hands so maybe he’s kinda written off as an unflashy prospect, but his likely lower 4.4 speed is reached almost instantly and he changes direction as quickly as anyone in the class, he’s not exploding in different directions like a jeudy or raegor, he’s more subtle with it, but he damn sure is lightning quick.

I personally think he’s a value at 28 and I think most don’t agree and I think there’s a reason for that, in a class with so many flashy wrs he’s less flashy than most

im not worried about him - i still have a 1st round grade on him and he will almost certainly be in my top 28 players - he's a technician who's only really played in the slot though so he's not quite as sure as he seems - but you're right that he's also got sneaky athleticism and suddenness but he's smooth as an athlete so it doesnt look as twitchy - will be interested to see how fast he runs (as well as a number of others) - if he goes sub 4.5 then he's a nailed on 1st round pick i think, tbh if he goes sub 4.55 he probably still is

the amount of speed in this draft sometimes makes some of these other guys hard to evaluate because they all look like sub-par athletes in comparison

like if you watch ruggs and reagor, they make jeudy's speed seem really average and they make ceedee lamb look like he's running in slow motion despite the fact that both jeudy and lamb are great athletes

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What's everyone's thoughts on this perception by every media outlet that Joe Burrow needs to pull an Eli and refuse to play for the Bengals? I've never seen this much talk about it from the media even in the years when the Browns were slated to take a QB. We've seen bad teams and organizations take QBs and not once a suggestion of refusing to play there.

More so than ever, many national outlets are saying they don't want Burrow to play for the Bengals. Then on top of that, Carson Palmer has said he should try to play elsewhere because the Bengals don't want to win Super Bowls.

Just crazy to see how much negativity of Burrow going to Cincy and the media narrative of how he should refuse to play there.
I agree and think it is wrong that this is getting so much air time. Cincy isn't the worst team to pick 1st in the draft in the history of the NFL that needed a QB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree and think it is wrong that this is getting so much air time. Cincy isn't the worst team to pick 1st in the draft in the history of the NFL that needed a QB.
I think the bengals are seriously plagued with incompetence from the FO and there is merit to all of this. The fact that they couldn’t even win a playoff game in the Carson Palmer era is astounding, they held onto Marvin Lewis who is basically Jeff fisher or worse long enough to make him the second longest tenured coach in the league, they employ horrible people to play for them, I mean these people actually gave burfict a second contract, and they drafted joe mixon in a spot where he literally would’ve went had he never shattered a girls face on video, early 2nd is like exactly where a rb of his caliber goes if he has NO concerns and they’re like fuck it lol let’s pretend it never happened. They draft guys like John Ross top ten. They drafted Andre smith first round and he was literally the offensive Terrence Cody. They’re a cesspool of incompetence matched only by the redskins and the late al davis era raiders. To hear it straight from Carson palmers mouth is very indicative.

carson Palmer btw, may have turned out to be a goddamn hall of famer had he been drafted by Pittsburgh or Green Bay or NYG or say if he was in Houston for the kubiak/Andre Johnson days. One of the more underrated qbs ever, so I take his word pretty seriously on this

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the bengals are seriously plagued with incompetence from the FO and there is merit to all of this. The fact that they couldn’t even win a playoff game in the Carson Palmer era is astounding, they held onto Marvin Lewis who is basically Jeff fisher or worse long enough to make him the second longest tenured coach in the league, they employ horrible people to play for them, I mean these people actually gave burfict a second contract, and they drafted joe mixon in a spot where he literally would’ve went had he never shattered a girls face on video, early 2nd is like exactly where a rb of his caliber goes if he has NO concerns and they’re like fuck it lol let’s pretend it never happened. They draft guys like John Ross top ten. They drafted Andre smith first round and he was literally the offensive Terrence Cody. They’re a cesspool of incompetence matched only by the redskins and the late al davis era raiders. To hear it straight from Carson palmers mouth is very indicative.

carson Palmer btw, may have turned out to be a goddamn hall of famer had he been drafted by Pittsburgh or Green Bay or NYG or say if he was in Houston for the kubiak/Andre Johnson days. One of the more underrated qbs ever, so I take his word pretty seriously on this

I would've 100% agreed with you but did you really have to include the Al Davis era Raiders. Maybe the end of it with ridiculous picks based on speed but before that they were badass

So I agree with 95% of your post lol.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have an obsessive need for speed with our #28 pick. I don't care who we pick, but I want the fastest athlete at the position. I'm thinking EDC will shock us with another WR at #28. Thoughts?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have an obsessive need for speed with our #28 pick. I don't care who we pick, but I want the fastest athlete at the position. I'm thinking EDC will shock us with another WR at #28. Thoughts?

A lot of these guys seem pretty high on Jalen Reagor. I personally haven't seen him in action or watched any tapes of him which I may get to today lol. Im personally biased towards KJ Hamler from Penn St but I think he could make it too our 2nd.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i definitely think that EDC wants to add another speed demon to the position group - now whether that's at 28 or not there are going to be options throughout the draft - but those elite speed guys are going to be gone by the end of the 2nd round i think - depends how fast some of them run

Ruggs, Reagor, Aiyuk, Hamler would be the guys who would obviously add a major influx of speed straight away - someone like quartney davis or devin duvernay might do a little later too

but if someone with elite speed is sat there at WR at 28, they're going to be hard to pass up, same with LB

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i definitely think that EDC wants to add another speed demon to the position group - now whether that's at 28 or not there are going to be options throughout the draft - but those elite speed guys are going to be gone by the end of the 2nd round i think - depends how fast some of them run

Ruggs, Reagor, Aiyuk, Hamler would be the guys who would obviously add a major influx of speed straight away - someone like quartney davis or devin duvernay might do a little later too

but if someone with elite speed is sat there at WR at 28, they're going to be hard to pass up, same with LB
I want that speedy back from MD wherever we get him.... 7.9 ypc? A TD every 8.5 touches? Chad Reuter was talking about him today and I think he'll be a perfect Raven.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of these guys seem pretty high on Jalen Reagor. I personally haven't seen him in action or watched any tapes of him which I may get to today lol. Im personally biased towards KJ Hamler from Penn St but I think he could make it too our 2nd.

Hamler can fly. But he’s not good at contested catches. Body catches it sometimes.

Reagor from what I see.. he’s more physical and high points the ball really well.

But I do agree I want speed. Hollywood can’t be our only burner.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hamler can fly. But he’s not good at contested catches. Body catches it sometimes.

Reagor from what I see.. he’s more physical and high points the ball really well.

But I do agree I want speed. Hollywood can’t be our only burner.

I've watched highlights of both and I guess its pick your poison. I tend to agree about the high points since I didn't see much out of Hamler on that and an awful lot on Reagor film but it seems to me Hamler has better footwork and runs better routes. I know I said a couple posts ago we could possibly wait on Hamler until the 2nd rd but yeah I think I change my mind.

Gonna be an interesting combine on each of these guy's 40

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Honestly, Marvin Lewis did a damn good job with that team as a whole considering the ownership.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would've 100% agreed with you but did you really have to include the Al Davis era Raiders. Maybe the end of it with ridiculous picks based on speed but before that they were badass

So I agree with 95% of your post lol.
I said late al Davis era raiders. And I didn’t mean late as in dead, I meant late term lol