• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think the bengals are seriously plagued with incompetence from the FO and there is merit to all of this. The fact that they couldn’t even win a playoff game in the Carson Palmer era is astounding, they held onto Marvin Lewis who is basically Jeff fisher or worse long enough to make him the second longest tenured coach in the league, they employ horrible people to play for them, I mean these people actually gave burfict a second contract, and they drafted joe mixon in a spot where he literally would’ve went had he never shattered a girls face on video, early 2nd is like exactly where a rb of his caliber goes if he has NO concerns and they’re like fuck it lol let’s pretend it never happened. They draft guys like John Ross top ten. They drafted Andre smith first round and he was literally the offensive Terrence Cody. They’re a cesspool of incompetence matched only by the redskins and the late al davis era raiders. To hear it straight from Carson palmers mouth is very indicative.

carson Palmer btw, may have turned out to be a goddamn hall of famer had he been drafted by Pittsburgh or Green Bay or NYG or say if he was in Houston for the kubiak/Andre Johnson days. One of the more underrated qbs ever, so I take his word pretty seriously on this
What's even MORE astounding is the fact that none of the Bengals teams from 2013-2015 could win a playoff game. Those were Super Bowl contending teams especially the 2013 one. I bet Flacco would've won a playoff game with talent like that on both sides.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My pre-combine Unstacked Big Board Update (fyi the key has changed slightly from last time i posted)

some notes:

• im expecting some of the lower graded WRs to drop down to potentially UDFA grades depending on 40 times - i have a threshold in mind for most of them but i dont expect them all to meet it
  • right now ive got potentially more day 2 grades than there will be day 2 picks on draft day - again that will adjust a lot as we go on
Y3TP1y2.png

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
My pre-combine Unstacked Big Board Update (fwi the key has changed slightly from last time i posted)

some notes:

• im expecting some of the lower graded WRs to drop down to potentially UDFA grades depending on 40 times - i have a threshold in mind for most of them but i dont expect them all to meet it
  • right now ive got potentially more day 2 grades than there will be day 2 picks on draft day - again that will adjust a lot as we go on
Y3TP1y2.png
Wow! Man you've put in some work right there.... I nominate you to the scout team with the Ravens!

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
pretty exciting to imagine jalen Reagor on the ravens

Derrick Brown is the best player in the draft.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
My pre-combine Unstacked Big Board Update (fwi the key has changed slightly from last time i posted)

some notes:

Y3TP1y2.png
I always look forward to this!
I need to watch 2 of your pound the table guys. Justin and the db

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I agree and think it is wrong that this is getting so much air time. Cincy isn't the worst team to pick 1st in the draft in the history of the NFL that needed a QB.

I think the bengals are seriously plagued with incompetence from the FO and there is merit to all of this. The fact that they couldn’t even win a playoff game in the Carson Palmer era is astounding, they held onto Marvin Lewis who is basically Jeff fisher or worse long enough to make him the second longest tenured coach in the league, they employ horrible people to play for them, I mean these people actually gave burfict a second contract, and they drafted joe mixon in a spot where he literally would’ve went had he never shattered a girls face on video, early 2nd is like exactly where a rb of his caliber goes if he has NO concerns and they’re like fuck it lol let’s pretend it never happened. They draft guys like John Ross top ten. They drafted Andre smith first round and he was literally the offensive Terrence Cody. They’re a cesspool of incompetence matched only by the redskins and the late al davis era raiders. To hear it straight from Carson palmers mouth is very indicative.

It's funny, I was watching a video from PFT where now that Burrow has come out and said he'll play for whoever including the Bengals that Florio now is going with a narrative of "Why did Burrow change his mind" rather admit he was wrong. The history of the Bengals says sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to pull an Eli and get yourself in a better situation, but the media is hell bent on trying to get him elsewhere. If some team like the Panthers want to give Cincy a truck load of picks to draft Burrow, that's their choice.

Again, I go back to Cleveland who always need a QB, the media rarely ever said Johnny Manziel should refuse to play for them, Baker should refuse to play for them, etc. It was always how that's going to be the QB that saves the Browns and ends the carousel of quarterbacks. Meanwhile the Bengals who have only had Palmer and Dalton since 2003 and now get one of the best quarterback prospects in Burrow without having down years of stop gaps and terrible picks. I think we can all agree that it would be WISHFUL THINKING that a Carolina or Tampa or some other team offers a bunch of picks so we don't have to deal with him in our division twice a year but I don't see that happening.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I’d give Derrick brown a legit 3rd best player in the draft behind burrow and young, I actually think burrow is good enough that he’s not just riding his position value and he’s legitimately a top 2 talent, and chase young obviously.

that said, if I’m picking 3 and can’t trade, I’m taking jeudy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ive got basically the same grade on derrick brown and chase young which surprised me given the "generational talent" talk chase young was getting - which i disagree with btw - nick bosa was a better prospect, myles garrett was the freakiest athlete at that position in a generation - you cant have 3 generational talents in the space of 4 years lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’d give Derrick brown a legit 3rd best player in the draft behind burrow and young, I actually think burrow is good enough that he’s not just riding his position value and he’s legitimately a top 2 talent, and chase young obviously.

that said, if I’m picking 3 and can’t trade, I’m taking jeudy.

i like jeudy a lot but if i had the choice between him and derrick brown - i dont even hesitate to pick brown

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tbf it was always expected he would come here and blow it up - you could see it on tape and you could see it just in the way his body is built
True.

I haven’t watched a whole lot of his film but I have watched 2 games and general highlights, he’s an extremely raw route runner, but holy shit he has upside like nobody I’ve ever seen. With a guy like that, maybe worry less about the route tree and more about just getting the dude the damn ball any way possible lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True.

I haven’t watched a whole lot of his film but I have watched 2 games and general highlights, he’s an extremely raw route runner, but holy shit he has upside like nobody I’ve ever seen. With a guy like that, maybe worry less about the route tree and more about just getting the dude the damn ball any way possible lol

he's a raw route runner but he's also had awful QB play so doesnt get targeted at all - was limited by what shea patterson could throw (or read)