• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
ive got basically the same grade on derrick brown and chase young which surprised me given the "generational talent" talk chase young was getting - which i disagree with btw - nick bosa was a better prospect, myles garrett was the freakiest athlete at that position in a generation - you cant have 3 generational talents in the space of 4 years lol
I actually thought both bosas were better than young too. I’m not nearly as big on young as many, but I still think he’s clearly a top 2 player in this class

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Best question garrett downing asks EDC every year:

is there a position that you know right now that you will draft?

- EDC says he believes we'll always draft an OL every year pretty much

- but then he also says given this receiver class he expects we'll grab one of them too

- and then says at least 1 DL/OLB

quite forthcoming to be honest but not unpredictable

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Best question garrett downing asks EDC every year:

is there a position that you know right now that you will draft?

- EDC says he believes we'll always draft an OL every year pretty much

- but then he also says given this receiver class he expects we'll grab one of them too

- and then says at least 1 DL/OLB

quite forthcoming to be honest but not unpredictable
So any position outside of qb is up for grabs then

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's even MORE astounding is the fact that none of the Bengals teams from 2013-2015 could win a playoff game. Those were Super Bowl contending teams especially the 2013 one. I bet Flacco would've won a playoff game with talent like that on both sides.
I really think Flacco would have taken that team to the SB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
E9F0FFBC-C295-45BE-A9F8-57F00845D98A.png

FUNNNNNN

this is indicative of my board, mims is now who I want at 28 if he’s even there, DPJ is a guy who has really grown on me and it was between him, greenard, and Davidson, and idk I’ve been thinking of the idea of just surrounding Lamar with absolute fucktons of talent and letting him go completely apeshit, just run around for ten seconds and go bombs away all day long while the defense is scared of his scramble, I mean if you have the untouchable speed of Hollywood, absolute freak athleticism and size of DPJ, and Denzel mims who might be indefensible and actually is much more explosive than his college OC allowed, and you still have andrews and hurst and the run AND Lamar is more dangerous than any one of them, then like... what tf is a defense to do? Fuck what the chiefs are doing, that is potentially a truly unstoppable attack.

make this not only the best rushing offense of all time, but also a consistently top 5 passing unit, at all levels, TE, slot, and wideout. THEN worry about the defense.

And for the record, Kareem and Davis Gaither is a hell of an addition in itself

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 2193
FUNNNNNN

this is indicative of my board, mims is now who I want at 28 if he’s even there, DPJ is a guy who has really grown on me and it was between him, greenard, and Davidson, and idk I’ve been thinking of the idea of just surrounding Lamar with absolute fucktons of talent and letting him go completely apeshit, just run around for ten seconds and go bombs away all day long while the defense is scared of his scramble, I mean if you have the untouchable speed of Hollywood, absolute freak athleticism and size of DPJ, and Denzel mims who might be indefensible and actually is much more explosive than his college OC allowed, and you still have andrews and hurst and the run AND Lamar is more dangerous than any one of them, then like... what tf is a defense to do? Fuck what the chiefs are doing, that is potentially a truly unstoppable attack.

make this not only the best rushing offense of all time, but also a consistently top 5 passing unit, at all levels, TE, slot, and wideout. THEN worry about the defense.

And for the record, Kareem and Davis Gaither is a hell of an addition in itself

The problem here is that on my board you’ve got yourself a 1st rounder, 4 2nd rounders and a 5th rounder lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
0792AF27-DED7-44E6-964F-BE0D68CECAF1.jpeg

You guys are going to hate my 1st round pick. But he’s our home run hitter.

Mark Ingram signed a 3 year deal. Let ingram and Taylor split carries this year like how Mcgahee and Rice did during his rookie year. Then Taylor can take over year 2.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
D8A17E1D-D4E5-4E5E-BC76-0928C14BDBCD.png

Exact opposite of my last mock lol. If the board lets you draft complementary guys to grow together and load the next generation on one side of the ball, do it. Round 1 was between Patrick queen and Denzel mims, choosing queen and then weaver and greenard being available in 2 I felt I had to start stacking, then Khalid Kareem and Davis gaither being available too and it was obvious every time lol. This would give us our Mike and OLB for years to come, our primary 5tech and strong side edge for years to come, and a true edge rusher who can play all 3 downs. Just like we revamped the secondary in one season, we revamp the front in one season, boom defense is loaded and after retaining Humphrey it’s loaded for the long haul. That unit come 2023 would be special, I don’t see a single bust in that group

Reactions: cdp

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just a quicky as I won't be too active on this board until FA begins

the two guys i don't want are

Yetur Gross Matos
Kenneth Murray

Just so if we select one of them and I start ''hating anyone we pick'' you can refer to this.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just a quicky as I won't be too active on this board until FA begins

the two guys i don't want are

Yetur Gross Matos
Kenneth Murray

Just so if we select one of them and I start ''hating anyone we pick'' you can refer to this.
You left out laviska shenault

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
View attachment 2198
Exact opposite of my last mock lol. If the board lets you draft complementary guys to grow together and load the next generation on one side of the ball, do it. Round 1 was between Patrick queen and Denzel mims, choosing queen and then weaver and greenard being available in 2 I felt I had to start stacking, then Khalid Kareem and Davis gaither being available too and it was obvious every time lol. This would give us our Mike and OLB for years to come, our primary 5tech and strong side edge for years to come, and a true edge rusher who can play all 3 downs. Just like we revamped the secondary in one season, we revamp the front in one season, boom defense is loaded and after retaining Humphrey it’s loaded for the long haul. That unit come 2023 would be special, I don’t see a single bust in that group
Excellent draft. Would rather take Baun if possible in the first, I think that Wink would really use him to his maximum potential, but otherwise I love it!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Excellent draft. Would rather take Baun if possible in the first, I think that Wink would really use him to his maximum potential, but otherwise I love it!
I like Baun, but what I don’t like is drafting a tweener early, we haven’t done well with them in the past, first Correa now bowser, Baun is better than both but similar, he played edge in college, but is playing LB in the nfl. I wouldn’t have any problem drafting Baun in 1, but I’d definitely prefer queen, who has a dedicated natural position and does it very well, don’t cause any developmental issues by drafting a guy like Baun and forcing him to play a role he didn’t want to.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
SEASON GRADEs

Kenneth Murray PFF grades

2019 season

68.3 overall grade

#178 ranked LB

828 Snaps

2018 Season

69.8 Overall Grade

#221 Ranked LB

978 Snaps

2017 season

#377 LB

I never liked him but after seeing this on PFF

how the fuck did this guy get any kind of steam as a first round pick in this draft?