• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
SEASON GRADEs

Kenneth Murray PFF grades

2019 season

68.3 overall grade

#178 ranked LB

828 Snaps

2018 Season

69.8 Overall Grade

#221 Ranked LB

978 Snaps

2017 season

#377 LB

I never liked him but after seeing this on PFF

how the fuck did this guy get any kind of steam as a first round pick in this draft?
lol, thought you didn't like PFF or was that for certain positions.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I respect PFF. They get it right more often than not it seems.

If De Costa picks Murray I'll be very, very disappointed. The kid from Oregon, Dye, is a far superior player.
if we go ilb in the first I want that player to be Patrick Queen.

Reactions: cdp

Charm City

Pro Bowler

If De Costa picks Murray I'll be very, very disappointed. The kid from Oregon, Dye, is a far superior player.
Murray seems like a high ceiling, low floor type of player to me, kind of like what Perriman was. He's really athletic, but I want to see him engage blockers and blow up lanes more rather than trying to win with pursuit only.

I am really high on Evan Weaver for some reason. He is pretty much the exact opposite of Murray. He ran the 40 in the 4.7s, but his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle were actually decent. If he can put up 180 tackles with over 100 solo, I don't care what the measurables say, there is something to work with there kinda like Judon putting up monster stats in DIII. With an NFL weight room I don't see why he can't get at least a little more athletic.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Murray seems like a high ceiling, low floor type of player to me, kind of like what Perriman was. He's really athletic, but I want to see him engage blockers and blow up lanes more rather than trying to win with pursuit only.

I am really high on Evan Weaver for some reason. He is pretty much the exact opposite of Murray. He ran the 40 in the 4.7s, but his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle were actually decent. If he can put up 180 tackles with over 100 solo, I don't care what the measurables say, there is something to work with there kinda like Judon putting up monster stats in DIII. With an NFL weight room I don't see why he can't get at least a little more athletic.

Murray is so athletic but man I seen him so many times getting caught in traffic and just misdiagnosing plays with overpursuit. Could be coachable I guess but I just wouldn't touch him in the 1st. Rather go with Zach Baun or Gallimore in the 1st. Really want to improve the interior pass rush.

As to Weaver I haven't seen Cal play unfortunately since I watch so little PAC 12 football but I've seen Troy Dye play and if he's still there at #60 we gotta jump. Talented player. But with Weaver was those 180 tackles in 1 yr or career? Is he at all good in coverage since I've read he's a 2 down player? Could be a nice day 3 pick tho cuz we could use a thumper at LB and he could do SpTeams, situational defense and learn behind LJ Fort for a year.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

I would be very disappointed if we drafted a LB in the 1st not matter who it is (I don't see Simmons as fulltime LB).

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dam no one likes murry..its gonna be funny af if we draft him
I know we shouldn't scout the helmet (and conference) but Big12 and defense idk man. Do you remember Arthur Brown?
Mlb must be students of the game and somewhat athletic and not the other way around like Murray

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Keep seeing us taking Terrell Lewis. I hope we don’t. Probably the player that would most piss me off.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Keep seeing us taking Terrell Lewis. I hope we don’t. Probably the player that would most piss me off.

there are issues with him as a 1st rounder - injury history, still quite raw (partly due to lack of playing time) but he has great traits - good first step and athleticism, great arm length (and the ability to use that length), good flexibility, good play strength

like from an athletic standpoint he's got traits that every team will want but he's behind in his development due to missed time and also has that injury history which needs to be checked out - but he'd certainly be a great selection on day 2 i think

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why is that? He is pretty good pass rusher and smart player. Can do lot of stuff.
I used to look to you for thoughts on Alabama players, but now I mostly ignore your thoughts on them, they’re always glowing reviews except for averett and Raekwon Davis lmao

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I used to look to you for thoughts on Alabama players, but now I mostly ignore your thoughts on them, they’re always glowing reviews except for averett and Raekwon Davis lmao
Also Ronnie Harrison, Damian Harris, Jonah Williams...

Was there anything not to like about Eddie Jackson, Marlon, DH, all the DTs and most ILBs in last 2-3 drafts? Or maybe Minkah and Jacobs? all pretty decent pros.