• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Big12 defenders these days are usually not worthy of a 1st round pick. Arthur Brown says hello.
@rossihunter2 and edgar I'm totally with you. This wr class might be deep, but it never hurts to draft top end talent.
Ruiz im not sure when's the last we drafted iOL high? Yanda and Grubbs? Osemele, Stanley and Oher were all OTs.
The FO is probably higher on Skura than we are.

i mean technically yanda was a tackle too lol

osemele was the last guy we drafted high at IOL who id think of that way - that doesnt seem that long ago and yet somehow it was 8 drafts ago

we're definitely due an investment somewhere on the interior

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If we take a WR in the first, I'm fairly confident they'll be really good for us provided their name is anything other than Laviska Shenault. That guy just idk, somethung is off about him for me. He seems like the Perriman of the class.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I remember reading an article a couple months back and EDC mentioned he wants an undefendable offence. A little bit of regression is inevitable next year, so I think he may give the offence some help early in the draft. Not that the offence will fall off, but even a little regression is a couple more losses.

I doubt Jefferson is available.. but I hope so. I hope for Mims or Jefferson at 28.

At 55th, I really hope Edwards-Helaire is available still. The guy is perfect for a Roman offence, he is incredibly versatile. He can factor into the passing game more-so than Ingram. I love Ingram, but another high end option like Edwards-Helaire to lighten his load would be benficial.

At 60th, that is likely the last chance to snag a guy like Troy Dye. It feels a bit early, but this isn't the strongest LB class by most accounts, he might not be available by the time the Ravens pick in the 3rd

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there a deadline for franchise tags to be signed?

I really want Judon gone if we can get a 2nd for him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is there a deadline for franchise tags to be signed?

I really want Judon gone if we can get a 2nd for him.

i dont think there's a deadline for them to be signed but at the moment july 15th is the deadline to do an extension... after that point any player's trade value while tagged goes down significantly (a la clowney last year) because their new team cant extend them

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Another crack on TDN, picking only as the Ravens.

Tried to go BPA as often as possible, while keeping some of the Ravens needs in mind

28th- Javon Kinlaw DT- easy pick here, won't happen in real life unfotunately
55th- Brandon Aiyuk WR- there weren't really any receivers that I really liked here, it was Aiyuk or Hamler. Aiyuk brings some versatility
60th- Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB- I went BPA. I know I've stated my love for Clyde haha. It was him or Jonathan Taylor as far and away BPA in my mock. I doubt either are still on the board at 60th though
92nd- Troy Dye LB
106th- Shane Lemieux IOL
129th- Lynn Bowden WR- another WR I wasn't too high on, but he is fast and versatile, similar to Aiyuk
134th- Solomon Kindley IOL
157th- Jonathan Garvin- Edge
225th- Shyheim Carter- S- Ravens get their player from Alabama haha

To recap
WR x2
IOL x2
LB x1
RBx1
Edge x1
S x1

Not overly thrilled with the two receivers, but they do bring some interesting elements, one of Bowden or Aiyuk would certainly challenge Thomas in the punt return game. They bring some different looks that Roman could utilize.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Another crack on TDN, picking only as the Ravens.

Tried to go BPA as often as possible, while keeping some of the Ravens needs in mind

28th- Javon Kinlaw DT- easy pick here, won't happen in real life unfotunately
55th- Brandon Aiyuk WR- there weren't really any receivers that I really liked here, it was Aiyuk or Hamler. Aiyuk brings some versatility
60th- Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB- I went BPA. I know I've stated my love for Clyde haha. It was him or Jonathan Taylor as far and away BPA in my mock. I doubt either are still on the board at 60th though
92nd- Troy Dye LB
106th- Shane Lemieux IOL
129th- Lynn Bowden WR- another WR I wasn't too high on, but he is fast and versatile, similar to Aiyuk
134th- Solomon Kindley IOL
157th- Jonathan Garvin- Edge
225th- Shyheim Carter- S- Ravens get their player from Alabama haha

To recap
WR x2
IOL x2
LB x1
RBx1
Edge x1
S x1

Not overly thrilled with the two receivers, but they do bring some interesting elements, one of Bowden or Aiyuk would certainly challenge Thomas in the punt return game. They bring some different looks that Roman could utilize.

Lynn bowden is raw as a receiver but has high upside there and is a weapon ready to go as soon as he enters the league - him and lamar in the same backfield would potentially be lethal

it probably helps to think of bowden as being an ATH rather than a WR

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With Travis Frederick retiring, the Cowboys become a massive threat at 17 to take Cesar Ruiz - my hope is that they like Xavier McKinney more though and they have some depth on the OL and a dearth of quality in the secondary already

but this is really unfortunate for our chances of having cesar ruiz as an option in round 1

that being said - cushenberry is stylistically probably more like Frederick than Ruiz so there is some hope still

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
With Travis Frederick retiring, the Cowboys become a massive threat at 17 to take Cesar Ruiz - my hope is that they like Xavier McKinney more though and they have some depth on the OL and a dearth of quality in the secondary already

but this is really unfortunate for our chances of having cesar ruiz as an option in round 1

that being said - cushenberry is stylistically probably more like Frederick than Ruiz so there is some hope still
They signed HaHa, have Woods - not very likely they pick safety over OL now.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
If AJ Epenesa slides down to 28th, any interest? I get that his combine was very poor, but keep in mind Orlando Brown jr also had a poor combine and that didn't stop the Ravens, that pick has proven to be a steal

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I think Decostas moves he's made and things he's said it interviews say trade up. If you look at the value chart, if we swap firsts and give up our first second, that basically equates with the 14th pick. So even if we waited until like the 17th pick or so and our guy is on the board, we should have the ammunition to get him.

I'll just throw my wildcard dream out there. If Jerry Jeudy and Ruggs come off the board 1 and 2 and Ceedee Lamb is still on the board at 17, I'm trading up. That's my guy.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Tryna see something folks. To all my mock drafters, post your mock draft that would make you cry tears of joy if your mock came into fruition.