• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
C5A590AA-1BEB-4C5A-AB0A-5D0FE438CBB6.png

first of all, I have an addiction and I can’t stop doing these for whatever reason.

second, this one would be awesome, I don’t care about the lack of diversity in positions, you’d be a moron to pass on ruggs at 32, you’d be a moron to pass on KJ Hamler at 64(a guy who I believe has a chance to end up the best wr of this class), and then willekes end of third, anae end of 4th, it’s like every round there was someone going a whole round later than they should. Then marlon Davidson is a guy i really like but as more of a 5 tech than an edge. I couldn’t turn down any of these guys at their spots lol

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 2143
first of all, I have an addiction and I can’t stop doing these for whatever reason.

second, this one would be awesome, I don’t care about the lack of diversity in positions, you’d be a moron to pass on ruggs at 32, you’d be a moron to pass on KJ Hamler at 64(a guy who I believe has a chance to end up the best wr of this class), and then willekes end of third, anae end of 4th, it’s like every round there was someone going a whole round later than they should. Then marlon Davidson is a guy i really like but as more of a 5 tech than an edge. I couldn’t turn down any of these guys at their spots lol

BPA right. I gotta ask tho wth do you see in Willekes. I've watched a couple Mich St games and this guy was as quiet as a church mouse.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
BPA right. I gotta ask tho wth do you see in Willekes. I've watched a couple Mich St games and this guy was as quiet as a church mouse.
willekes has supreme bend, and his hands and feet are lightning quick, and he has a really solid fire off the ball. his speed isnt spectacular but his first step is very respectable, and he could stand to pack on some weight, but other than that he checks every single box, he clearly understands the concept of engaging and disengaging, and understands when to engage and when to just bend the corner, he understands what hes gotta do to keep blockers hands off of him, he exposes none of his torso to blockers and keeps their hands occupied with quick hands of his own.

to put it simply, he approaches blockers the way a technician of a wr approaches press coverage, he limits the contact his opposition can put on him and does a great job at keeping himself clean and then hes got the natural ability to finish his rush by using his superb balance and flexible body. id like to see him get a little bit stronger, and he had surgery for a broken fibula in january which may have stunted his 2019 season by a good bit. if he didnt break his leg he would be in the NFL already.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
View attachment 2143

I have a similar addiction, here is my version:

Mock Draft V2.png

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Send it all for Chase young lolol as impractical as that is I watched the dude get triple teamed multiple times this season he is insane

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
In fact, I think there is a pretty good chance we trade out of the first round entirely. We need OLB, WR, IOL, MLB, and home run RB. In fact, we need probably two OLB and 2 WR

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Chase Young is a monster but I think we can now acknowledge all the holes this team had
I keep saying it but we really did overachieve if you just look at this roster... if I’m being honest I think the FO didn’t think this team would do what they did I think this was a gap year where we didn’t have a ton of money but to kind of lay a foundation and this is the offseason and year where they really wanted to get after making this a contending team I really do

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
I keep saying it but we really did overachieve if you just look at this roster... if I’m being honest I think the FO didn’t think this team would do what they did I think this was a gap year where we didn’t have a ton of money but to kind of lay a foundation and this is the offseason and year where they really wanted to get after making this a contending team I really do
100%. We are going to have so much cap room this upcoming season. Obviously we should dedicate a decent amount to locking up Stanley and then Humphrey, but we can go get some pieces. Add guys in the draft and improve who we have, this could be an incredibly dangerous team.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Come playoff time, we NEED to make sure LJ does not have to be that dude. Let him Tannehill it up and have the rest of the team do the heavy lifting.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Come playoff time, we NEED to make sure LJ does not have to be that dude. Let him Tannehill it up and have the rest of the team do the heavy lifting.
Imo no more rest week 17 he looked a bit rusty just being honest some people feed off reps I think you gotta keep feeding the dog