• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
100%. We are going to have so much cap room this upcoming season. Obviously we should dedicate a decent amount to locking up Stanley and then Humphrey, but we can go get some pieces. Add guys in the draft and improve who we have, this could be an incredibly dangerous team.

we actually dont have crazy tons of cap room anymore because of all the early extensions we've pulled off - we're down at basically 35m effective cap space with lots of players still to sign

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
i like us getting a wr high up in the draft but laviska shenault is not a player i would want - of the 14 wrs ive been studying so far he's the lowest graded off the available tape ive watched
It's tough cuz the guys everyone loves ie Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs etc probably won't make it to us. Really think we are going to trade down

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
A lot will obviously depend on free agency as well. I'd love to go offense heavy this draft, draft only a MLB or something. Focus on WR, IOL and home run RB. I can't get the thought of this offense with Etienne or Akers out of my head

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Would LOVE to get two WRs. We only have Hollywood and Boykin in our long term type plans at the moment, with Snead there. No idea what Jaleel Scott brings to the table. We definitely have room for 2 more shots at WR, in addition to a true pro WR

Quick offseason take:

Draft pass rushers, let Judon and Pierce walk

Draft/sign IOL, Skura is a good pass blocker but we need better physical talent/road graders

Sign one or two vet receivers who have reliable hands

Sign an ascending middle linebacker to compete as a signal caller

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we've got a lot of work to do. no doubt there will be a position of doubt coming into next season. hard to fill all the gaps.

I do say though that the trenches is where it needs to be
interior O line

Interior D line and OLB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After seeing us get manhandled on the edge, anfernee Jennings has become a very intriguing prospect.

Also marlon Davidson who I consider more a 5tech with edge ability, is a guy we could use to move on from Wormley.

for our round 1 pick I think it’s gotta be Curtis weaver, Neville gallimore, klavon chaisson, kj hamler, Tyler biadasz, or Kenneth Murray, I really don’t consider any other options sensible in any way.

Let Judon walk, said it since day one he’s too spotty and inconsistent and can’t be trusted long term. Make a hard push for a real 3 down edge guy, Ryan Kerrigan really appeals to me for this team if he ends up available.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
I think and kind of hope that Curtis Weaver will have an Orlando Brown type combine, which means we could trade down and take him in the early 2nd. We could then trade up to the mid 2nd for best WR available

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there enough iOL talent in this class because I haven't seen top end guards yet.
We need to find a replacement for Yanda who looked like he's going to retire this offseason. Our focus should be on iOL and DL including edge rushers.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Skura is finished IMO

torn ACl, PCL, MCL and dislocated knee cap.

he's not coming back from that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
we actually dont have crazy tons of cap room anymore because of all the early extensions we've pulled off - we're down at basically 35m effective cap space with lots of players still to sign
this is true, but if we cut Jefferson and we don't pick up Carr's option that saves us 13m. Of course if we don't pick up Carr's option it most likely means we are extending Jimmy. We will have some money to spend but I don't expect a big time signing. I'd rather sign players during the 2nd wave of free agency, like your Derek Wolfe type players or even a 2nd chance at Gerald McCoy. There are others, but this free agent class isn't really that good. I don't know how much Littleton will go for but he'd be of interest also. Probably would cost too much though.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our strong secondary masked our average front 7. Then along came a team capable of punching our defense in the mouth and no one in the front 7 could stop it. I like some of the guys we have but none of them are guys that step up big in big games.

I want Gallimore even more now.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Our strong secondary masked our average front 7. Then along came a team capable of punching our defense in the mouth and no one in the front 7 could stop it. I like some of the guys we have but none of them are guys that step up big in big games.

I want Gallimore even more now.
You’re on the gallimore wagon too??

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I want Neville gallimore round 1, and Darrell Taylor or Kenny willekes round 2. Get us some explosion both up the middle and around the edge. Then day 3 get a marlon Davidson or anfernee Jennings to add a layer of physicality on the edge.

use FA to attack the offense unless a big time wr falls, kj hamler or Justin Jefferson are the 2 I have in mind if they fall to our 2nd pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's tough cuz the guys everyone loves ie Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs etc probably won't make it to us. Really think we are going to trade down
There’s a lot more talent than just those guys. In last years draft you had Hollywood and Metcalf with all the hype, but hardman, slayton, and mclaurin arguably looked like the best rookie wrs this year.

you have kj hamler who is an ultra explosive route technician and a guy who i firmly believe has a chance to rival jeudy when they get in the nfl, Justin Jefferson who seriously looks like Michael Thomas when he plays with his ability to challenge dbs in the stem and separate from tight coverage in the blink of an eye and also is incredibly sure handed with great ability to locate the ball quickly, jaelen raegor is mecole hardman 2.0, tee Higgins is a massive catch radius guy with surprising ability to run crisp and crafty routes. There are a LOT of really good wrs in this class, it goes way beyond jeudy and ruggs and lamb.

I think drafting someone like Gallimore would need commitment towards a single gap attacking dline, and moving on from BWills contract which runs for two more seasons.

I like more length and versatility in dline so AJ Epenesa, Raekwon Davis stand out as possible late 1st, both have big power and extension skills for walling off the point of attack. Espenesa can probably play anywhere on the line. Davis is just an absolute monster at the POA and im not sure why his stock isnt higher.

Middle rounds Devon Hamilton, not dynamic but he is always near the ball when Chase Young makes plays. I do like Nick Coe, ultra strong with length but better suited to the inside.

Late picks with high upside are Jason Strowbridge, Raequan Williams and Ross Blacklock. Strobridge might be suited to the edge but his production has been in the middle, needs coaching on gaps. Williams and Blacklock I like a lot, both need additional coaching but the traits are there.