• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Juniors declaring to enter 2020 draft / return to school

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure if I'm posting in right thread but I noticed on the ticker that KJ Hamler declared for draft. Wished he would've stayed another year but with a heavy WR class he could fall quite a ways.

1 Gross-Matos
2 KJ Hamler

Looks good to me.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
He may not be the only one returning. Alabama's official Twitter posted this and if you notice the top dots on the dominoes are 1 & 3. Guess which QB wears 13? Tua Tagovailoa. That would be a huge shake up in the QB rankings.

Update:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's now official, Moses will return to Alabama. Leatherwood, Moses and I wonder now if Tua is going to return and if this is a pact by the players to return and try to win one more National Championship.

i really think it'll be a mistake for tua and moses to go back to bama - both are going to be picked in the first round if they'd declare and get the money a year earlier when there's no guarantee that they get the potentially lost draft stock back next year - not sure why moses would go back at all

and for tua it makes even less sense - this year he might still be a top 10 pick given the nature of the teams up top of the draft and other qbs around - in 2021 there's possibly going to be 2 qbs ahead of him in that class already

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
i really think it'll be a mistake for tua and moses to go back to bama - both are going to be picked in the first round if they'd declare and get the money a year earlier when there's no guarantee that they get the potentially lost draft stock back next year - not sure why moses would go back at all

and for tua it makes even less sense - this year he might still be a top 10 pick given the nature of the teams up top of the draft and other qbs around - in 2021 there's possibly going to be 2 qbs ahead of him in that class already

Moses might be getting word he might not go as high as he'd like and maybe by returning he could become top 5 pick. Tua should declare.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
the only way it doesnt really make sense for moses is if he thinks he'll fall out of the 1st round tbh - but heyho its their choices ultimately

Apparently the draft advisory board said he had a 2nd round grade, which may have played a part into him returning. I had him in the first round of an ongoing mock draft I never finish even coming off the injury.