• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Juniors declaring to enter 2020 draft / return to school

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If the health outlook is positive, I think Gruden and Mayock trade their 2 first rounders and whatever else is needed to Giants.

Of course, that's unless the Skins think they have pretty solid D front as it is and take him at #2.

you're right - there's gonna be some trades in the top 10 and maybe even pre-draft - that number 2 pick is going to be valuable and if not number 2 then number 3 and so on...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you're right - there's gonna be some trades in the top 10 and maybe even pre-draft - that number 2 pick is going to be valuable and if not number 2 then number 3 and so on...
I'll send the skins a boardwalk and Parkplace, throw in some free parking and a get out of jail free pass for the #2 pick.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I'd say right now the first two picks are a given. Burrow to Cincinnati and Chase Young to be the centerpiece of Jack Del Rio's defense in Washington. Detroit is sitting pretty at 3 for any team like the Chargers, Panthers, Jaguars or any other team who want to jump the Dolphins who have the fifth pick for Tua. A team with a QB in place who is a stop gap are the teams to watch when it comes to trading with the Lions, gives Tua the year to heal and recover to be 100%.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd say right now the first two picks are a given. Burrow to Cincinnati and Chase Young to be the centerpiece of Jack Del Rio's defense in Washington. Detroit is sitting pretty at 3 for any team like the Chargers, Panthers, Jaguars or any other team who want to jump the Dolphins who have the fifth pick for Tua. A team with a QB in place who is a stop gap are the teams to watch when it comes to trading with the Lions, gives Tua the year to heal and recover to be 100%.

idk - you think washington doesnt trade out of the 2nd pick if someone offers them a haul to get up to number 2 to draft a qb?

putting it this way - if a team is happy taking a qb at the 5th pick then there's definitely going to be a team happy to take them with the 2nd pick

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
idk - you think washington doesnt trade out of the 2nd pick if someone offers them a haul to get up to number 2 to draft a qb?

putting it this way - if a team is happy taking a qb at the 5th pick then there's definitely going to be a team happy to take them with the 2nd pick
depends on how much they want Chase Young. They are so many players away that I think they should take the draft picks, but it would certainly depend on how far they would need to trade down. Remember, they don't have the best scouting department. and scouting departments typically aren't completely turned over, if at all, until after the draft.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
depends on how much they want Chase Young. They are so many players away that I think they should take the draft picks, but it would certainly depend on how far they would need to trade down. Remember, they don't have the best scouting department. and scouting departments typically aren't completely turned over, if at all, until after the draft.

idk - it seemed like with scott mcloughan they had good scouts - just awful people at the top making the picks... dont think much of the scouting department has changed since mcloughan was forced out but maybe im wrong

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
idk - it seemed like with scott mcloughan they had good scouts - just awful people at the top making the picks... dont think much of the scouting department has changed since mcloughan was forced out but maybe im wrong
they didn't change the scouting department much when McLoughan got there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ANTOINE WINFIELD JR.DB, MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS

Minnesota redshirt sophomore DB Antoine Winfield Jr. has announced his entry into the 2020 NFL Draft.
Winfield Jr. (5'10/205) was named one of five finalists for the Bronco Nagurski award, recording 88 tackles, 62 solo, seven interceptions, 3.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and a touchdown. His seven interceptions ranked as the fourth most in the country, with Winfield Jr. recording the most tackles of any player listed in the top 10, showcasing his versatility. He will now follow in the NFL footsteps of his former 1998 Thorpe-award winning father, Antoine Winfield Sr. His ball-hawking abilities for the formidable Minnesota defense have him almost universally rated as a top-5 safety in the 2020 class with a second-round overall grade.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's a lot of talent for next years draft. I'm already excited for the 21 draft and the 2020 draft hasn't happened yet.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That's a lot of talent for next years draft. I'm already excited for the 21 draft and the 2020 draft hasn't happened yet.

A lot of this really screws us. If we want a center we now have no choice but to take one with the top pick, Dylan Moses returning gives us no real shot at landing a quality ILB because Troy dye is the only quality looking LB early and that will force him up boards, Marvin Wilson returning will force a team looking for a DT to take a guy we may really want, especially a team looking for a NT. And then devonta smith returning throws a wrench in the day 2 wr class.