• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Soccer

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Couldn't be more made up with that performance - most of the defence aside - and result today. Firmino is for me the most underrated player in the league. His responsibilities go way beyond scoring goals, he sets the tone for the entire team. I'd rather lose Coutinho than Firmino.

If City were going to lose one game it was going to be an away game at Anfield.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
If City were going to lose one game it was going to be an away game at Anfield.
I was hoping City would go unbeaten this season tbh. Arsenal fans with their unbeaten season are about as bad as Steelers fans are with their six rings. And Arsenal couldn't beat Bournemouth, so as a Newcastle fan it's been a pretty bleak week of results. And we've got City next week so they'll probably put 9 on us now that they have a point to prove.

Anyway, this happened. A ref in Ligue 1 kicked a player and then sent him off.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I was hoping City would go unbeaten this season tbh. Arsenal fans with their unbeaten season are about as bad as Steelers fans are with their six rings. And Arsenal couldn't beat Bournemouth, so as a Newcastle fan it's been a pretty bleak week of results. And we've got City next week so they'll probably put 9 on us now that they have a point to prove.

That’s hilarious!

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that incident is outrageous

mc_red23

Pro Bowler

I can cope with it from Arsenal because of how bad they are at times.

I find it baffling how many teams have decided to put 11 men in the 18 yard box and hoped to successfully defend for 90 minutes. If you have pace, energy and the balls, City's defence can always be got at. If Bristol City can attack Man City then Premier League teams should be able to try it.

That ref should be sacked. It would be a joke if he's not punished in some manner. So glad that the red card didn't affect the result.

Edit: He's been suspended until further notice.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Damn.
Chelsea through on penalties.

One of the worst refereeing displays I’ve seen for a while lol - VAR only works if you use it and the people making decisions have the ability to use their heads - rugby has made refereeing incredibly transparent - you hear the decisions and discussions about replay in real time and you hear them talk to each other and the players also in real time - as a result you have a higher level of trust and respect from fans, coaches, players and the officials themselves...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
One of the worst refereeing displays I’ve seen for a while lol - VAR only works if you use it and the people making decisions have the ability to use their heads - rugby has made refereeing incredibly transparent - you hear the decisions and discussions about replay in real time and you hear them talk to each other and the players also in real time - as a result you have a higher level of trust and respect from fans, coaches, players and the officials themselves...
I only saw highlights - that second red card should have been a penalty, actually.