• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah but I guess we’ll see because it just depends on who we may want to rest, if anyone. That’ll really determine it for me. As far as I can tell, Andrews and Ingram are almost definite rest guys for me and then you have guys like Thomas who sound like he won’t suit up. That’s already -3 from our 53. That only leaves 4 more dudes to rest as inactives.

Outside of those 3, I would look at resting Humphrey or Smith & Peters, mainly because both of the latter were down at various points yesterday and Humphrey has been “hurt” some too as well at times. Between them I would rest Jimmy & Peters then hope Humphrey is good & match him on JuJu. If we rest both those CB & then rest Yanda or sometime else like Stanley then those are your inactives without even resting Lamar, if he does or doesn’t. I wouldn’t rule out resting Brandon Williams or Pierce either since we have Ellis whose been a regular inactive lately.
So it's sounding like Trace will be active/

He is FA, reinstated recently.
Why do you ask? Don't tell me you want river dance back, even if he wasn't arrested on drugs and weapon charges, which would automatically disqualify him for entering the castle again.

He was reasonably effective as the lead back for half a season here so there are worse options for #3 cover on the depth chart. I'm not suggesting he comes in to start and I'd rather have a power back for the scheme, but familiarity with the coaches is more than most FAs are offering this time of year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He was reasonably effective as the lead back for half a season here so there are worse options for #3 cover on the depth chart. I'm not suggesting he comes in to start and I'd rather have a power back for the scheme, but familiarity with the coaches is more than most FAs are offering this time of year.
He was absolute trash in 2018, I couldn't wait for the Ravens to get rid of him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

We were a week too late to pick up Kenneth Dixon but he was the obvious plug in guy for us

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Low key wish Turner was still available. He has been in our scheme for a couple offseasons and still fits what we want to do

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Is Turner on the practice squad for the Dolphins or active? If it's the former, I hope we can snatch him up because fuck the Dolphins.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I know I was saying that I thought we'd lose this meaningless game because we were going to rest and also don't care, whereas the steelers have to play for lives, but the steelers are also so banged up and disfunctional on offense right now it's crazy. Don't get me wrong, I think you'll see that our offense run by RG is literally pathetic against a good defense like Pitt. I also think that you'll see duck hodges be pretty pathetic against us to. This feels like one of those classic 13 - 10 Ravens steelers games. I really believe though, the only way we win is the combination of GRo calling the a great game designed for RG and RG playing like a person who should be in the NFL. Call me crazy, but I don't think both of those things can be accomplished.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Let me just append that my previous statement is really just one of pure respect and admiration for Lamar Jackson. No hating or being a downer. I couldn't care less what happens on Sunday. Just really excited that our guy Lamar got us to the spot where we aren't fighting just to get the 6th seed

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I swear our game day thread for this game better be fucking chill LMAO. If they score a TD or make a big play, we should just all do a collective yawn.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm just thinking about this here. If the Steelers win, we know their offense isn't going to do much in the playoffs but have the best shot at roughing up KC before they even get to New England in the Divisional Round. If we want KC to get that extra game, playing that Steelers defense is the best thing we could ask for. I feel like if it's Tennessee or Oakland, it would be like a BYE.