• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Folks: We'll roll over the Steelers with RGIII and McSorley. The critical stat are those rush yards we need to be the best running team in history. I think Gus the bus will get us there. And RGIII will make Lamar look like a genius when he tries to initiate him with the run option plays, but hey it doesn't matter because with all our starters resting we're still the superior team. Ravens win this 28-17

Finally a stress free Week 17!

shutterstock_47968372.jpg
Not entirely true I’ll be stressed on every play hoping no one gets hurt.

Tank

Hall of Famer
You get 1 injury and suddenly you only have 1 rb to play the whole game... we don’t even have an emergency back or anything - feel like we’d have to bring someone in just in case ingram isn’t ok to go in the divisional round

And there’s plenty of guys who’ve been inactive basically every week who you can cut/waive/send to i/r - the only thing is we might want to see what some of them look like on Sunday...
If we had to bring someone in last minute I’m afraid it would limit the playbook and effectiveness as it takes a ton of reps for LJ and a RB to get in sync at the mesh point. Hopefully at the least Gus and Justice remain healthy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we had to bring someone in last minute I’m afraid it would limit the playbook and effectiveness as it takes a ton of reps for LJ and a RB to get in sync at the mesh point. Hopefully at the least Gus and Justice remain healthy.

So you bring them in now so they get 3 weeks to practice before the divisional round and they get some reps in the system on Sunday too...

Can we bring someone up from the practice squad so Edwards does not get hurt in the Pitt game? We need to rest, rest, rest.
Practice squad RB’s:

De’Lance Turner
Christopher Ezeala

I would consider one of these guys. We are a running team and we should protect our most important assets. And IMO Gus fits that category. The game has no REAL meaning so Why not go all in on protecting starters from injury. Even though I hate losing to the Steelers.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Practice squad RB’s:

De’Lance Turner
Christopher Ezeala

I would consider one of these guys. We are a running team and we should protect our most important assets. And IMO Gus fits that category. The game has no REAL meaning so Why not go all in on protecting starters from injury. Even though I hate losing to the Steelers.

I'm guessing that we'll promote Turner to have him active for the game. I'm not really worried about Gus though since he usually gives out more punishment than he receives.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Practice squad RB’s:

De’Lance Turner
Christopher Ezeala

We only have 53 players on the roster. Ingram is banged up anyway. So we can rest maybe 7-8 players at most. There are more important starters on our team than just 7-8....

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Practice squad RB’s:

De’Lance Turner
Christopher Ezeala

I'm guessing that we'll promote Turner to have him active for the game. I'm not really worried about Gus though since he usually gives out more punishment than he receives.
Turner's with the Dolphins now.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Practice squad RB’s:

De’Lance Turner
Christopher Ezeala

Ezeala is probably a full back.
RB on the PS is Byron Marshall.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Practice squad RB’s:

De’Lance Turner
Christopher Ezeala

Ezeala is a fullback more than a rb right now and is fairly new to the game - he's an 11th ps member who's an international scheme guy