• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Edge Draft Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh we better draft Lamar. That is galaxy brain type of shit that would make EDC an immortal amongst mortals.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
https://thedraftnetwork.com/article...taylor-has-superstar-upside-in-2020-nfl-draft

Y’all need to wake up on Darrell Taylor. I’ve been touting this dude for a while, he’s also got a lot of off ball LB ability and has played a good number of coverage snaps. This burst, bend, countering, low hipped long armed leverage rushing happens very consistently on film. He’s incredibly underrated.

look for him to make a huge jump in stock come April, when all the evaluations are done I fully expect him to be a top 50 pick.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://thedraftnetwork.com/article...taylor-has-superstar-upside-in-2020-nfl-draft

Y’all need to wake up on Darrell Taylor. I’ve been touting this dude for a while, he’s also got a lot of off ball LB ability and has played a good number of coverage snaps. This burst, bend, countering, low hipped long armed leverage rushing happens very consistently on film. He’s incredibly underrated.

look for him to make a huge jump in stock come April, when all the evaluations are done I fully expect him to be a top 50 pick.

@RavensMania put up a thread for the Senior Bowl and he's in the game. I don't remember seeing Tennessee play so I'm eager to get a look at him. Zack Baun was also invited.

My favorite prospects are Josh Uche and Darrell Taylor, almost every other rusher has medical problems or poor run defense. Uche is looks a little small but plays hard, moves really well and sets a hard edge. Taylor has amazing allround traits and upside.

Khalil Kareem has some good upside

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My favorite prospects are Josh Uche and Darrell Taylor, almost every other rusher has medical problems or poor run defense. Uche is looks a little small but plays hard, moves really well and sets a hard edge. Taylor has amazing allround traits and upside.

Khalil Kareem has some good upside
Uche is VERY small lol, but he is a spark plug for sure. Due to his size he may very well end up in round 5 or later, at which point I’m running to the podium, but man with our current status on the edge I’m not hanging my hopes on that guy.

taylor though, I’m sold. He’s got special potential, his combination of burst and bend is special and he’s a solid finisher, hands could improve but man the natural traits are there and he would have to be seriously lacking between the ears to not be able to become something at the next level. He’s like an Aldon smith type rusher, just ridiculously high ceiling and no reason to think the floor is low. Like chaisson and okwara has all the hype as the bursty bendy raw rushers, but Darrell Taylor looks identical in terms of athletic traits but looks like he’s closer to realizing his potential than a chaisson or okwara

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Uche is VERY small lol, but he is a spark plug for sure. Due to his size he may very well end up in round 5 or later, at which point I’m running to the podium, but man with our current status on the edge I’m not hanging my hopes on that guy.

taylor though, I’m sold. He’s got special potential, his combination of burst and bend is special and he’s a solid finisher, hands could improve but man the natural traits are there and he would have to be seriously lacking between the ears to not be able to become something at the next level. He’s like an Aldon smith type rusher, just ridiculously high ceiling and no reason to think the floor is low. Like chaisson and okwara has all the hype as the bursty bendy raw rushers, but Darrell Taylor looks identical in terms of athletic traits but looks like he’s closer to realizing his potential than a chaisson or okwara

i dont know that id say taylor has a great bend - he's got good ankle flexion but im not sure he has the flexibility and agility in his hips etc. to be called bendy per se but he's a nice combination of speed, power with enough flexibility to get by

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i dont know that id say taylor has a great bend - he's got good ankle flexion but im not sure he has the flexibility and agility in his hips etc. to be called bendy per se but he's a nice combination of speed, power with enough flexibility to get by
I’ll just have to disagree there lol, I see supreme bend from Taylor

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
what tape would recommend i watch of him to see this bend?
Any tape, just watch on this screen

cgartenberg_170607_1762_0005.0.jpg

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I haven’t had time this year to watch college football so I started checking what others have mentioned. I’ve only watched one game but I wasn’t very impressed with Taylor. I watched Georgia vs. Tennessee. He got washed out a bit in the run game and couldn’t get off blocks. He showed potential, and it was one game, but I still didn’t like what I saw from him. He also didn’t recognize a screen pass when the RB went right by him and didn’t bother to block.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of Zach Baun, Edge Wisconsin. He has been mocked to us in the Athletic.

This is what they said in the Athletic write-up but I haven't watched any film yet

28. Baltimore Ravens — Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
Baun’s unique skill set is an interesting fit in Don Martindale’s defense. He was a dynamic pass rusher at Wisconsin, finishing second behind Young in the Big Ten in sacks and tackles for loss. Baun projects best as an off-ball linebacker capable of covering in space or blitzing from various angles.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of Zach Baun, Edge Wisconsin. He has been mocked to us in the Athletic.

This is what they said in the Athletic write-up but I haven't watched any film yet

28. Baltimore Ravens — Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
Baun’s unique skill set is an interesting fit in Don Martindale’s defense. He was a dynamic pass rusher at Wisconsin, finishing second behind Young in the Big Ten in sacks and tackles for loss. Baun projects best as an off-ball linebacker capable of covering in space or blitzing from various angles.
He is nice player but no way he is a first round guy.
I wish we draft real edge rusher(s) and let Wink show us his real scheme, not this craziness with small guys blitzing all the time.