• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

so for the whole season we're T-3rd but look at the drastic difference pre-week 5 and post-week 5...
actually insane - nearly 2/3 of the big plays happened in the 1st quarter of the season...

the difference between wks 1-4 and 5-17 is absolutely incredible.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Jet Brown baby!
source.gif

Asyranok

Practice Squad
I LOVE how much of a hard-on the "experts" have after the Titans won two games in a row. One against the Texans' second string. Another against a historically great team that they won by 1 point sans a last-15-seconds int TD; a team we beat by 17 points.

That's enough for them to crown the Titans "scariest team in the AFC". Meanwhile, the Ravens have been dominating like that for around 12 games... What cognitive dissonance does it take to say... "Yeah, Titans seriously have this one on lock-down." It's like the media thinks this is the easiest upset of all time...

I think we finally broke one of our greatest haters, though. Seth Wickersham.... refused to choose the Ravens in his ESPN nfl picks after week 5, except for the Bengals and final Steelers game... He chose the Ravens over the Titans. Very surprised by that.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
not worried about him not practicing per se - he doesnt need the reps - will be telling if he's not on the field for the walkthrough (im assuming its tomorrow) though

From reading updates, he practiced one day this week and I believe had some tightness. The Ravens shut him down (with treatment) to save him for a game day decision.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I LOVE how much of a hard-on the "experts" have after the Titans won two games in a row. One against the Texans' second string. Another against a historically great team that they won by 1 point sans a last-15-seconds int TD; a team we beat by 17 points.

That's enough for them to crown the Titans "scariest team in the AFC". Meanwhile, the Ravens have been dominating like that for around 12 games... What cognitive dissonance does it take to say... "Yeah, Titans seriously have this one on lock-down." It's like the media thinks this is the easiest upset of all time...

I think we finally broke one of our greatest haters, though. Seth Wickersham.... refused to choose the Ravens in his ESPN nfl picks after week 5, except for the Bengals and final Steelers game... He chose the Ravens over the Titans. Very surprised by that.

They need to promote the game. Won't be close.

God I hate these shows.

Yeah ... I said earlier in this thread that I just can't bring myself to watch any more of this stuff cause it is making me crazy and I just want the damn game to get underway (yet, here I am, watching stuff like this anyway lol)

I mean really - the essence of what he is saying is not incorrect ... its just a stupid question. Is anyone going to dominate the postseason in the same way they dominated in the regular season? The answer across the board is a resounding "NO". It is a simple matter of competition.

However, the 2 teams he cites who had some success in stopping us: SF and Buffalo - have FAR better defenses than the ones we are going to see in our path to the Super Bowl. Also, the weather in both of those games was a major factor. I agree with him also teams that tried to stop everything stopped nothing. Teams have no choice but to pick a poison and hope for the best and it makes sense to have that poison be to let us throw the ball.

Here's the problem I see for the Titans. He says, give us the passing game outside the numbers. If they sell out on the run, they are going to give up more than just passes outside the numbers. The Titans are one of the worst teams in the league at stopping the opponents TEs and that's where we feast when teams sell out on the run.

Finally - I think we're all kidding ourselves if we are 100% confident that pressure of the playoffs will not have an affect on Lamar when he simply doesn't have postseason experience. I can comfort myself in knowing that he seems to have shown amazingly well in high-profile prime-time games like vs NE and the Rams, but this is still a concern that sits in the back of my mind until he shows otherwise.