• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Divisional Round Tennessee Titans @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not a trend. Last year we shoved Lamar into a playbook that wasn't attuned to his talents.

This year, clearly we thought too much of ourselves and came out looking like shit against [insert disparaging comments about the Titans here].

I don't think we'll let this happen again.
I meant a trend of the best Ravens teams being the worst post-season worms.

PurplePower

Practice Squad
Get rid of Harbaugh and keep the coordinators. I don't give a hoot what Harbaugh's record is with this team, we need someone who knows not to go for it one every freaking 4th down. If we would have just kicked a fg in the 3rd quarter it would have been 14-9

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad
What happened is exactly what I was afraid of coming into this game. The more I thought about having all that time off, the more it bothered me. Oddly, I thought I'd be really upset if they lost the way I thought they might and I'm not. They just looked out of sync from the start and having Ingram and Andrews playing but hurt didn't help. The stupid penalties, the incredible momentum killing drops, everything just looked a step off most of the game. This is a ridiculously young team. We have a ton of cap space and a draft coming up. I want to see some actual pass rushers ... I want players who can set the edge hard. I want someone else dangerous opposite Hollywood.

I'm just not devastated by this loss ... probably because to me, it made sense why and how it happened. There were some head scratchers to be sure (stuff like those two 4th down running plays using Lamar like he was a standard QB had me staring at the screen - especially how much penetration they got on the 1st one).

The thing that is going to annoy me is they'll say they figured out how to contain Lamar. He threw for 365 yards, ran for 143. If you get back just half of those 6 or 8 drops, what does this game look like?

PurplePower

Practice Squad
What happened is exactly what I was afraid of coming into this game. The more I thought about having all that time off, the more it bothered me. Oddly, I thought I'd be really upset if they lost the way I thought they might and I'm not. They just looked out of sync from the start and having Ingram and Andrews playing but hurt didn't help. The stupid penalties, the incredible momentum killing drops, everything just looked a step off most of the game. This is a ridiculously young team. We have a ton of cap space and a draft coming up. I want to see some actual pass rushers ... I want players who can set the edge hard. I want someone else dangerous opposite Hollywood.

I'm just not devastated by this loss ... probably because to me, it made sense why and how it happened. There were some head scratchers to be sure (stuff like those two 4th downs running plays using like Lamar was a standard QB had me staring at the screen - especially how much penetration they got on the 1st one).

The thing that is going to annoy me is they'll say they figured out how to contain Lamar. He threw for 365 yards, ran for 143. If you get back just half of those 6 or 8 drops, what does this game look like?

way too many turnovers
terrible play calling
way too many dropped passes at critical times

an all out shitburger and we all have to take a bite

CamsPlaybook

Practice Squad
Mike Vrabel just became coach of the year. Not MY vote but you know some sports media clown's going to want to crown him after this.

He’s throwing high to avoid throwing hospital passes
They can recover in the offseason. Jackson
Get rid of Harbaugh and keep the coordinators. I don't give a hoot what Harbaugh's record is with this team, we need someone who knows not to go for it one every freaking 4th down. If we would have just kicked a fg in the 3rd quarter it would have been 14-9
I didn't love the decision to go for it, but they hadn't failed a 4th and 1 all season. It's not crazy for Harbs to go for it.

What was absolutely bonkers was the world's most predictable playcalling and that is all on Roman. As is the decision to abandon the run early just like they did when they lost to KC plus Greg Roman is who he is. He can have two to three good years before he needs to be run out of town. He is no Gary Kubiak Imo.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Honestly only one team can take home the super bowl and we obviously lost our momentum even if we did win it’s just delaying the pain imo

CamsPlaybook

Practice Squad
They can recover in the offseason. Jackson

I didn't love the decision to go for it, but they hadn't failed a 4th and 1 all season. It's not crazy for Harbs to go for it.

What was absolutely bonkers was the world's most predictable playcalling and that is all on Roman. As is the decision to abandon the run early just like they did when they lost to KC plus Greg Roman is who he is. He can have two to three good years before he needs to be run out of town. He is no Gary Kubiak Imo.

I'll still take Greg over Gary after the way he did us. I'll never forgive Kubes for publicly committing to stay then slithering out the door like a bxtch.

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad

Hahahahaha ... yea, lets get rid of Harbaugh. That way, the title of "Dumbest Decision By A Baltimore Franchise" can be passed from the 1969 Baltimore Colts to the 2019 Ravens. You know, where the Colts let Shula go to Miami (after which the Dolphins were 1st in the AFC East 4 of his first five years, made the playoffs all 5 years, made the Superbowl 3 times and won it twice while having a perfect season thrown in).

PurplePower

Practice Squad
Really ? Just like you thought the Ravens were gonna win the SB

If you looked at the Pat's schedule they had a total cakewalk, or else they would not have gotten in the playoffs. They were severely overrated this year. Brady is over the hill and they have no weapons except Edelman.

As far as thinking the Ravens were going to win the SB, well they were the best team in the regular season. So I'm sure most people thought they had a good shot at it. That being said, when did I ever say I thought they would win the SB?

PurplePower

Practice Squad
Hahahahaha ... yea, lets get rid of Harbaugh. That way, the title of "Dumbest Decision By A Baltimore Franchise" can be passed from the 1969 Baltimore Colts to the 2019 Ravens. You know, where the Colts let Shula go to Miami (after which the Dolphins were 1st in the AFC East 4 of his first five years, made the playoffs all 5 years, made the Superbowl 3 times and won it twice while having a perfect season thrown in).

He makes terrible decisions. He keeps coordinators around way past their due date. Yeah, I think they should get rid of him. The Ravens win inspite of him, not because of his stellar leadership

I'll still take Greg over Gary after the way he did us. I'll never forgive Kubes for publicly committing to stay then slithering out the door like a bxtch.
Kubiak did them dirty, but man that offense was good.

I don't know what his history is with dual threat qbs like Jackson though. It might not be the right fit.

Still Roman is known to be great with these offenses...for a couple years. Then it's like everyone figures him out. This time they mostly stopped themselves.

Honestly only one team can take home the super bowl and we obviously lost our momentum even if we did win it’s just delaying the pain imo
But multiple teams can win one stinking playoff game. Number one seeds had been doing well until this clunker. Look how the Niners handled the Vikings.
the Pats dynasty is over. A non issue
Lol, and they'll probably still win that cupcake division.

PurplePower

Practice Squad
Belichick I guess is nothing then. And Brady is still top 10 QB in this league and like you said he had limited weapons. You might have not said they were gonna win the SB but your sure thought it and don't tell me you weren't looking way past the Titans.

Now you read minds? LOL. Well lets just see. I'll be around here next year. And I'll bet you anything the Pats don't even make the playoffs next year. Even if you give Brady weapons, he's done if he has an average strength schedule.

Cupcake ? You were lucky you survived the Bills.
Okay, maybe it was a little bit better this year, but the Phins and Jets are pathetic excuses of NFL teams and the Bills are usually irrelevant and I kind of expect for them to return to their average.

I'm not sure what you mean by "you."

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
LMAO.... BUSTED! Sounds like a Pats fan to me. Sore because his team fucking sucks now
Feel like their should be a rule in place where people can't use a player's full name as their username, like on the old board, so things like this don't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.