• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Divisional Round Tennessee Titans @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
am i being dumb? what's the issue with it?
Well the trolling, for one thing. And I think on the old board their reasoning was that they didn't want people impersonating others. I guess it's not a big deal if you guys are taking care of it as it happens.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The offense hasn't sucked all year, not one time until now. They never scored fewer than 20 points until this debacle. But what a time to finally collapse.

They sucked against both Cleveland and KC. The only difference was that they got a few extra points after the game was over but the offense was bad in both games.

cubs79

Practice Squad
He makes terrible decisions. He keeps coordinators around way past their due date. Yeah, I think they should get rid of him. The Ravens win inspite of him, not because of his stellar leadership

I am a Titans fan, not here to troll I promise. But I have seen this sort of thing about both Harbaugh and Jackson on twitter tonight. You guys were 14-2, and got beat by a team that is a lot better than there record (they started 2-4 with Mariota, rested Henry a game, later in the year etc). What happened tonight was bound to happen at some point, either tonight, or next year. WIth enough tape a good DC, like Pees is as you guys know, can figure out a plan to at least slow down Jackson, or anybody. I think the problem, is it was basically the only time this year Lamar was made uncomfortable, and your coaches couldnt adjust. That isnt to say they cant adjust, but you go with what works until it is stopped, and they didnt get it going soon enough tonight. But when wanting to get rid of a 14-2 coach who has won a SB, I would advise you look at the Chargers who got rid of Schottenheimer whose teams were always in the mix, and then they completely fell off the map. You lost, but you are fine going forward. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I am a Titans fan, not here to troll I promise. But I have seen this sort of thing about both Harbaugh and Jackson on twitter tonight. You guys were 14-2, and got beat by a team that is a lot better than there record (they started 2-4 with Mariota, rested Henry a game, later in the year etc). What happened tonight was bound to happen at some point, either tonight, or next year. WIth enough tape a good DC, like Pees is as you guys know, can figure out a plan to at least slow down Jackson, or anybody. I think the problem, is it was basically the only time this year Lamar was made uncomfortable, and your coaches couldnt adjust. That isnt to say they cant adjust, but you go with what works until it is stopped, and they didnt get it going soon enough tonight. But when wanting to get rid of a 14-2 coach who has won a SB, I would advise you look at the Chargers who got rid of Schottenheimer whose teams were always in the mix, and then they completely fell off the map. You lost, but you are fine going forward. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Thank you for some decent insight and for not being an ass... with that I’ll say congrats we all know what the win you just got feels like after we shocked the Broncos during our super bowl run I hope the same outcome comes for y’all!

PurplePower

Practice Squad

Congratulations on the win. You guys deserve it. But honestly, we beat ourselves. It wasn't so much you had the tape, adjusted and played great more than we just sucked, dropped a bunch of passes that shoulda been caught, played lackluster on D etc.

You deserve the win for sure and goodluck on your playoff journey. But I've watched this team all year and that was literally the worst performance of the season all around. No excuses it is what is is.

cubs79

Practice Squad
Congratulations on the win. You guys deserve it. But honestly, we beat ourselves. It wasn't so much you had the tape, adjusted and played great more than we just sucked, dropped a bunch of passes that shoulda been caught, played lackluster on D etc.

You deserve the win for sure and goodluck on your playoff journey. But I've watched this team all year and that was literally the worst performance of the season all around. No excuses it is what is is.

I dont agree you beat yourself. I think the Titans outplayed you. I think people look at the 9-7 record and think they are a fluke type team. I honestly think the Titans and Ravens might be the best 2 teams in the league, and I expected this to be a close game to the end that could go either way (didnt expect it to play out as it did for sure). This was almost the opposite of the 2000 year, where the Titans were the top seed, you guys were the hot team, and the hot team won. But you guys had a great year and certainly expect you guys to be right there going forward.

cubs79

Practice Squad
Thank you for some decent insight and for not being an ass... with that I’ll say congrats we all know what the win you just got feels like after we shocked the Broncos during our super bowl run I hope the same outcome comes for y’all!

Thanks. I think it is more the opposite of you guys shocking the Titans in your first super bowl run, so some payback! This used to be the best rivalry in the league before they realigned the divisions, and Titans-Ravens in the post season is always entertaining, and just like tonight, can be an unexpected result. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing and Titans-Ravens can meet in the playoffs more going forward, because it has always produced fun games.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
I dont agree you beat yourself. I think the Titans outplayed you. I think people look at the 9-7 record and think they are a fluke type team. I honestly think the Titans and Ravens might be the best 2 teams in the league, and I expected this to be a close game to the end that could go either way (didnt expect it to play out as it did for sure). This was almost the opposite of the 2000 year, where the Titans were the top seed, you guys were the hot team, and the hot team won. But you guys had a great year and certainly expect you guys to be right there going forward.
I don't think anyone judged Titans by the regular season, everyone knows how good they are. The point is that we turned the ball over early and dropped passes the rest of the way. No team, in reality, is built to come from behind. The team that is ahead wins the majority of the time. That is particularly true for our completely trash WR corps. As soon as we were down 7-0, then 14-0, it was a wrap. We will try to fix this aggresively in the offseason, but that's what we are trying to say when we say we beat ourselves. This did not look like the Ravens tonight. That doesn't take anything away from the Titans, who did absolutely everything right

cubs79

Practice Squad
I don't think anyone judged Titans by the regular season, everyone knows how good they are. The point is that we turned the ball over early and dropped passes the rest of the way. No team, in reality, is built to come from behind. The team that is ahead wins the majority of the time. That is particularly true for our completely trash WR corps. As soon as we were down 7-0, then 14-0, it was a wrap. We will try to fix this aggresively in the offseason, but that's what we are trying to say when we say we beat ourselves. This did not look like the Ravens tonight. That doesn't take anything away from the Titans, who did absolutely everything right

Every game has some dropped passes, poor plays, etc. But the Titans stopped you twice on 4th and 1, which I dont believe you had been stopped in that situation all year. I dont think any RB ran against you like Henry did. And I think the Titans bottled up Lamar in the running game alot. He had his yards for sure, but unlike most games, they didnt result in points. I dont know how old you are, but if you remember the Ravens first superbowl win, they beat the Titans along the way, who I think everyone thought was the best team in the league, but the Ravens simply out played them that game. I think this was that type of game, and I think the teams were a lot closer than the records showed, and the media was giving credit for.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Every game has some dropped passes, poor plays, etc. But the Titans stopped you twice on 4th and 1, which I dont believe you had been stopped in that situation all year. I dont think any RB ran against you like Henry did. And I think the Titans bottled up Lamar in the running game alot. He had his yards for sure, but unlike most games, they didnt result in points. I dont know how old you are, but if you remember the Ravens first superbowl win, they beat the Titans along the way, who I think everyone thought was the best team in the league, but the Ravens simply out played them that game. I think this was that type of game, and I think the teams were a lot closer than the records showed, and the media was giving credit for.

i think you're underestimating the comedy of errors the ravens forced on themselves - fluky turnover (off a drop), 7-8 other drops - at least 3 killed drives, 2 other turnovers by jackson (who has consistently been so careful with the football), awful clock management - the ravens shot themselves in the foot and then tied one of their hands behind their back

im not underestimating the titans and they were a joy to watch to end the regular season but this loss was self-inflicted - every titans point came off a ravens turnover

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
But every game doesn't have dropped passes or poor plays. Seriously, how often does Jonnu Smith make that play? How often does that pass bounce off Andrews' hands AND get intercepted? It wasn't just the types of mistakes, but the sheer volume. Murphy's law dominated this game from a Ravens perspective. However, again, that takes not one iota away from the Titans, who as you mentioned were huge on 4th down and dominated the trenches the whole game

Status
Not open for further replies.