• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 ILB Draft Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i give matt miller a lot of stick but he was one of the first guys during the college year to start talking about patrick queen - LSU early on thought queen wouldnt even be coming out and supposedly he didnt get a great advisory round grade either but he is clearly LB2 behind only Isaiah Simmons
I totally agree. Although i do like Murray I dont think he will improve all that much. I see room to grow for Queen but I really question whether Murray can improve on certain things. Also doesn't seem to be as vocal of a leader, which we really need in the front 7 rn.

Our front 7 is missing an alpha since Suggs left. McPhee was supposed to be that veteran leader and although Judon is a good player hes not really a guy players gravitate towards to

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
top 5 ILB in this class - if im honest i might like him more than kenneth murray and Akeem - but their range and sideline to sideline quicks are awesome and its hard not to get caught up in that a little bit
I think Dye is the best in pass coverage of all the LBs in this class. Also a hype man for them. Seekng him get the Oregon fan base pumped pregame was awesome. One way or another I think this guy will have a solid career in the NFL. Hes a 3rd rounder imo but could fall to day 3. Would be an absolute steal

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Dye is the best in pass coverage of all the LBs in this class. Also a hype man for them. Seekng him get the Oregon fan base pumped pregame was awesome. One way or another I think this guy will have a solid career in the NFL. Hes a 3rd rounder imo but could fall to day 3. Would be an absolute steal

he's really natural dropping into zone coverage and really aware - i like the upside of queen in that aspect a lot more but i wouldnt quibble with you saying that dye's the best in coverage - he looks like a really natural mike

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's really natural dropping into zone coverage and really aware - i like the upside of queen in that aspect a lot more but i wouldnt quibble with you saying that dye's the best in coverage - he looks like a really natural mike
Ya should've said best coming out rn. Queen could surpass him as his potential is monstrous but I think Dye is more consistent on film coming out

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Murray's Houston tape is nice. Not good in zone at all ; Pretty shoddy actually. But he is very fast, explosive and very physical in the run game

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens held private workout with Kenneth Murray per Walter
Only private workout listed

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Jordyn Brooks is a draft crush at this point for me. It's rare for me to love ILB because that's a position I don't like to scout but Brooks is just such an easy eval. Tackling machine, athletic, smooth, clean, contained agressiveness, smarts, even takes blockers really well.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jordyn Brooks is a draft crush at this point for me. It's rare for me to love ILB because that's a position I don't like to scout but Brooks is just such an easy eval. Tackling machine, athletic, smooth, clean, contained agressiveness, smarts, even takes blockers really well.
I have seen DJ's top 50 board and he has Jeremy Chinn now listed as LB. I don't know anything about him. His combine # look like he's a lesser version of Simmons: 4.45 40; 41" Vertical; 11'6 Broad Jump.
You seem to have watched a couple of LBs, so there might be chance you can tell me more about him.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I have seen DJ's top 50 board and he has Jeremy Chinn now listed as LB. I don't know anything about him. His combine # look like he's a lesser version of Simmons: 4.45 40; 41" Vertical; 11'6 Broad Jump.
You seem to have watched a couple of LBs, so there might be chance you can tell me more about him.
Haven't watched him, I'm going to. Again, LB is the position I'm not very good at evaluating so don't take my word for the gospel.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Troy Dye looks a safe bet and would be very happy if he was our 2nd or 3rd round pick ( although i think we'd need to trade up to the early 3rd round to get him)