• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fantasy Football Advice

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
From a dynasty perspective, what do you all think about Justice Hill?

trying to reshuffle my roster. Grab draft picks.

Was offered Hill and a 2nd for Godwin.
As much as I like Hill as a back, the way we use backs in a committee approach, he would probably not get much play. That being said his carries will increase, if one of our backs gets injured, so he may not be bad to keep on the bench, but I wouldn't think twice to cut him if you have someone better out there as a free agent or trade offer.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Pick up the Jags defense and start them over Baltimore? Feel like with B-Will potentially out and pur secondary without Jimmy, Jags defense could get me more points. Yes or No?

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Guy in my league tried to sell Barkley high, I think he's starting to regret this choice.

The Trade:
Devonte Freeman
Saquon Barkley
Jarvis Landry

For

Todd Gurley
Josh Gordon

Yeh that worries me. It can't be Drake now because a) the dolphins are awful, and b) he's lost the lead role to Walton.

So Calvin with a backup QB, or Gore against a strong Philly run D...

Reckon the floor is higher for Gore and the ceiling is higher for Ridley.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I tend to be someone who picks QB's late in fantasy drafts because of the QBs that are available in the 7th through 10th rounds, depending on the size of the league. That being said, I may be picking a QB or more specifically Lamar Jackson much earlier next year due to him being essentially two players on the team. He's like having a QB and RB wrapped up into one.

How early do you feel he could be drafted in fantasy leagues?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I tend to be someone who picks QB's late in fantasy drafts because of the QBs that are available in the 7th through 10th rounds, depending on the size of the league. That being said, I may be picking a QB or more specifically Lamar Jackson much earlier next year due to him being essentially two players on the team. He's like having a QB and RB wrapped up into one.

Top 5-10

rossihunter2

Staff Member

with fantasy my main philosophy is you pick the guys you want when you know you can get them and be smart with everyone else - he should be the first qb picked in any fantasy draft - there's always depth of points at qb which lowers his draft spot a little with the other options but id say round 4 is probably where people should start thinking about any of the running qbs - but let's be honest people take qbs earlier than that - you may have to pick him up in the 3rd round next year to guarantee you get him although obviously worth checking the average draft spot...

lamar is averaging nearly 30pts per game in standard scoring which is absurd

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
with fantasy my main philosophy is you pick the guys you want when you know you can get them and be smart with everyone else - he should be the first qb picked in any fantasy draft - there's always depth of points at qb which lowers his draft spot a little with the other options but id say round 4 is probably where people should start thinking about any of the running qbs - but let's be honest people take qbs earlier than that - you may have to pick him up in the 3rd round next year to guarantee you get him although obviously worth checking the average draft spot...

Lamar is going to change my entire draft philosophy on QBs. Damn you LJ...........................Glad your on my team!!!!! and Fuck you Redskins

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I never regretted picking Wilson with my 1st if I don't get to draft in top 5-6

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Assuming Stafford is healthy, should I start him or Ryan? Or Goff? I have 3 QBs right now.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lamar is going to change my entire draft philosophy on QBs. Damn you LJ...........................Glad your on my team!!!!! and [profanity deleted] you Redskins

I drafted Matt Ryan late thinking he would be my starter with Lamar being a good backup for the BYE.... boy was I was wrong lol. Lamar and CMac have carried my whole team so far. My WRs are ok, it hurts now with Brandin Cooks being out. My TE situation is even worst as I'm hoping just for them to get to the projected points. I drafted our defense with success but the 49ers D was a free agent so I'm going with them the rest of the season lol. I'm in first place in my friend's league so no complaints.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@SepticeyePoe I had no idea:

[courtesy of @JO_75 ]

Adam Schefter

Lions’ QB Matthew Stafford is being told by some not to play Sunday in Chicago because of a back injury that has left him questionable, but he is hoping to try to play through the pain, per sources. No decision is likely until pregame warmups.

FWIW there's no question mark next to Ryan in our dynasty league but he was pretty ginger last couple weeks.