• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fantasy Football Advice

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In a 10 team league with standard scoring. It's two-RB, two-WR and a one flex. The RB starters are LeSean McCoy, Kareem Hunt and a returning Ezekiel Elliot is the flex. Whom would you start at WR between DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Adam Thielen and Tyreek Hill? Hopkins has a somewhat tough match up on paper, especially with Joe Haden returning, but he feels like an every-week must start. Hill has a solid match up, though he's been volatile in standard. Thielen has torn apart Green Bay their recent games and Allen faces a struggling NYJ secondary. I currently have Allen and Hopkins but am questioning whether to sit either one. Also, would you start Ben Roethlisberger or Blake Bortles?

Also have a question about a 14 team league, also standard. Two-RB, two-WR. Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliot are at RB. There is Hopkins at WR along with Marvin Jones, and there are several names vying for No.3. Could start either Josh Gordon, Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook or Robert Woods. Which would you start, and would you bench Jones for either of the back ups? Could also pick up Cameron Brate, but Evan Engram has played well.
1) Allen, Hopkins - Ben Roethlisberger
2) Gordon

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
when in doubt and its reasonable i just think play the best players overall and this year for me that's Hunt, Zeke, Hopkins, Thielen and Allen out of those options in the first team (sorry shady lol)

in the 2nd team again it's pretty hard because of all the matchups but again id play the best players on the roster which for me are gurley, zeke, hopkins, jones and (whichever player you think is best out of robert woods and josh gordon - both have difficult matchups - id suggest woods' is the slightly easier matchup but gordon has the potential to just go off) - and in terms of tight end i think clearly evan engram has the better matchup this week over cameron brate (albeit i think brate's had a better season and been more consistent - for sure earlier on in the year)
That's basically my strategy. I sat Thielen at the last moment. Thankful that I did. McCoy's been on absolute fire with 20+ points in each of his last two, but I am considering sitting him for Dion Lewis. Bill Belichick keys in on opposing star players, and Buffalo has been shredded, giving up the most points to RBs. Couple that with Rex Burkhead and James White being ruled out, and I'm beginning to wonder which of the two has a safer floor.

For me, it's a toss us between Gordon, Woods and Cole. Agreed entirely on the assessment of Woods and Gordon, whom I will likely end up flipping a coin between. Agreed on Engram. Crazy to see a rookie TE have Top 5 yardage at his position. Thank you for the advice.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Switching from LeSean McCoy to Dion Lewis saved the season for me. Ended up winning by 10 with the difference between the two being 13 points. Even sweeter considering that Lewis is one of my former UDFAs from the ForumMock. Came up short in the late-substitute league, which was expected, but I ended up with the championship in both of the leagues where I drafted the teams. Overall, it's been a pretty successful year. I finished with 1,770.6 points in one league, 340.6 more than the next best team, and 1,796.26 in the other, 304.6 higher than the next best team, so the differences were oddly similar. Both were in standard formats. How did everybody else do?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Switching from LeSean McCoy to Dion Lewis saved the season for me. Ended up winning by 10 with the difference between the two being 13 points. Even sweeter considering that Lewis is one of my former UDFAs from the ForumMock. Came up short in the late-substitute league, which was expected, but I ended up with the championship in both of the leagues where I drafted the teams. Overall, it's been a pretty successful year. I finished with 1,770.6 points in one league, 340.6 more than the next best team, and 1,796.26 in the other, 304.6 higher than the next best team, so the differences were oddly similar. Both were in standard formats. How did everybody else do?
Congratulations!!!!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
first time playing fantasy since 2010.

melvin gordon vs kc or carlos hyde vs pit?

i have julio jones vs phi, juju vs cle, allen robinson vs gb, should i replace any of them with kupp vs oak or will fuller vs ne?

also my starting TE is delanie walker vs mia, but i have njoku vs pitt on the bench, should i make njoku my starter or flex or leave him on the bench?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

i have julio jones vs phi, juju vs cle, allen robinson vs gb, should i replace any of them with kupp vs oak or will fuller vs ne?

also my starting TE is delanie walker vs mia, but i have njoku vs pitt on the bench, should i make njoku my starter or flex or leave him on the bench?
Is it a ppr league

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is it a ppr league
nah just standard. i think i have the best lineup i can get already. i found a comparison tool.

pissed i cant find a way to squeeze cooper kupp in there, wish i could just swap a TE with a WR lol. i feel like kupp is gonna go apeshit vs oaklands garbage ass defense

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I’d take Gordon any day of the week
I’d use Kupp and Fuller over Njoku as flex. I like Njoku also, btw. Have him on my bench in one of my leagues for his upside.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d take Gordon any day of the week
I’d use Kupp and Fuller over Njoku as flex. I like Njoku also, btw. Have him on my bench in one of my leagues for his upside.
A-rob vs GB is my flex. Delanie Walker vs Miami is my TE and I love that matchup.

Any word on how Alexander and Jackson have looked so far? Gb got raped by WRs in fantasy last year but those 2 make a difference I would assume.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A-rob vs GB is my flex. Delanie Walker vs Miami is my TE and I love that matchup.

Any word on how Alexander and Jackson have looked so far? Gb got raped by WRs in fantasy last year but those 2 make a difference I would assume.
I’m not sure how they have done this preseason, but then again, I don’t care how they have done in the preseason.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I’m not sure how they have done this preseason, but then again, I don’t care how they have done in the preseason.

they've looked awesome
Jaire Alexander looks like he's won the starting slot corner role and Josh Jackson has also looked good (although I think tramon williams might start initially outside ahead of him) - add that to Kevin King who has looked decent when not injured

like ive actually been so impressed during the preseason by Jackson and Alexander - I fully expect the packers starting cbs at the end of the year to be King, Jackson and Alexander - they'll have the youngest secondary in the league and will hope to emulate the success of last year's youngest secondary in the league: the saints

not sure how that will functionally affect them in fantasy straight off as a defence but I'd imagine that naturally it would improve them

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Jackson has easily had the best preseason out of any CB. He has a passer rating against of literally zero. Had 1 pick 6 and a second pick 6 called back by a penalty. It was just preseason but he looks like the first round CB he should’ve been.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jackson has easily had the best preseason out of any CB. He has a passer rating against of like literally nothing. It was just preseason but he looks like the first round CB he should’ve been.

the passer rating is a function of not having many targets - he had 7 targets all preseason and only 1 reception - on top of that he had 1 PD, 1 pick 6 and another pick 6 nullified by penalty

that's incredibly impressive but also is such a tiny sample size that its not really indicative yet

either way he's looked great anyway

and to be absolutely accurate his passer rating against was in fact literally nothing - it was 0.0

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
the passer rating is a function of not having many targets - he had 7 targets all preseason and only 1 reception - on top of that he had 1 PD, 1 pick 6 and another pick 6 nullified by penalty

that's incredibly impressive but also is such a tiny sample size that its not really indicative yet

either way he's looked great anyway

and to be absolutely accurate his passer rating against was in fact literally nothing - it was 0.0
Yeah you must’ve missed my edit. He played a healthy amount of snaps so it’s not like it’s a tiny sample size. Good CBs don’t get many targets.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah you must’ve missed my edit. He played a healthy amount of snaps so it’s not like it’s a tiny sample size. Good CBs don’t get many targets.

yeah i missed it - its fair to say its a decent sample size but he wasnt playing starters in the same way that alexander and king and others were - that being said its still incredibly impressive but in and of itself means little - given all the other buzz around jackson though it would suggest its indicative of him being a potentially good player

but i always liked him - and i find it funny that i had jackson and alexander literally 1 spot apart on my 2018 draft big board and they got drafted by the same team (they were 31 and 32 respectively)

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I have 3 options for my flex, Carlos Hyde against Steelers, Devonta Freeman against Eagles or Marvin Jones against Jets in the flex. I'm wary of Freeman's matchup.