• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Conference Championship Round Discussion (Other Teams)

Which matchup make the Superbowl?

• KC vs 49ers

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Titans vs Packers

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • KC vs Packers

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Titans vs 49ers

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
happy for Suggs to get another shot!
But damn we really lost to this sad titans team...

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure why Snead found this funny but whatever

I believe that Snead laughed after he dropped a pass last week in our loss to the titans. I didn't find that funny either. SMH!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

So, if the titans are the sad team and we lost to them....what does that say about the Ravens? Keep it real! We were trash!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the Packers win, the NFL and State Farm should be investigated for rigging the Super Bowl. We might have another scandal among sports.

I never thought about that "connection" of both Mahomes (Chiefs) and Rodgers (Green Bay) BOTH being spokesmen for State Farm! Wow!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I never thought about that "connection" of both Mahomes (Chiefs) and Rodgers (Green Bay) BOTH being spokesmen for State Farm! Wow!

It's quite funny to think about but I remember in 2012 Visa ran that commercial about a Super Bowl contest where it showed the Ravens celebrating a Super Bowl and it basically predicted we would win lol.

Tbh, we beat ourselves. KC made plays today, we didn’t show up against them. They were able to stick with their game plan the entire game against us. KC forced them to put it on Tannehill’s shoulders. They don’t look the same in that scenario.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tennessee played like crap so it doesn't matter but look how the ref throws the flag right when the ball is snapped. Penalty is holding.

i had to look up this sequence (not been watching) because that seemed patently ridiculous

that flag that got thrown there is not for holding - the holding penalty comes from somewhere else - that flag there is an illegal formation call (for the wr covering the TE i think) that got picked up

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think this just demonstrates just how much we need to be an explosive offence - not just an explosive running offence but an explosive passing offence on a consistent basis and that means adding playmakers - harbs said we've got 2 different types of receivers in mind to add and i have to think that at least one of those types of receivers includes high-level speed because at the moment we're a slow offence that's punctuated by the quickness of lamar or hollywood

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tbh, we beat ourselves. KC made plays today, we didn’t show up against them. They were able to stick with their game plan the entire game against us. KC forced them to put it on Tannehill’s shoulders. They don’t look the same in that scenario.
Most teams go into games against KC with the mindset of burning as much clock as possible to keep Mahomes off the field. But the only strategy that works is you have to basically score on every drive because all Mahomes needs is 2 to 3 plays. Harbaugh was the first HC I remember saying this.

The Titans scored and had long drives. But didn't do much after these first 3 drives

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad

Titans had a bad game. Doesn't somehow discount everything they did before today. Same as the Ravens. Since around week 8 or 9, the Titans go the way that Derrick Henry goes and today he had a poor game. The difference for me is that KC is a much better team and even playing perfect, the Titans would have had their hands full. The Ravens literally beat themselves in uncontested situations.

I figured KC would win with that offense, I just didn't expect them to have more yards on the ground than Tenn. That one stat alone says Tenn was in trouble. Not going to lie, after Simmons spit in Yonda's face, I was hoping for a massive blowout by KC.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's quite funny to think about but I remember in 2012 Visa ran that commercial about a Super Bowl contest where it showed the Ravens celebrating a Super Bowl and it basically predicted we would win lol.

Well, so far, that theory isn't holding up cause the 49ers didn't get that memo. They are starting to blow the doors off the hinges of the Packers. They are up 17-0 so far.