• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know this has been brought up before, but man, just imagine if we took Derrick Henry instead of Correa in 2016.

bruh, IF WE HAD THE 2019 VERSIONS OF LAMAR JACKSON AND DERRICK HENRY!!! FUCK!

not only would we have that, but the Titans wouldn’t have had Henry in that game. And I don’t believe Henry just won the Titans that game, but he damn sure helped, and maybe those failed 4th down attempts aren’t failed, and we roll to the super bowl dicks swangin

Pretty sure drafting Henry and thus having solid success on offense would’ve eventually meant we never went QB in 2018 in the first round. Completely believe we went QB in the first round of 2018 because our offense was stale and nobody, not even EDC or Biscuit, respected it. Which meant hands were forced to start drafting offense for the future/for 2018

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pretty sure drafting Henry and thus having solid success on offense would’ve eventually meant we never went QB in 2018 in the first round. Completely believe we went QB in the first round of 2018 because our offense was stale and nobody, not even EDC or Biscuit, respected it. Which meant hands were forced to start drafting offense for the future/for 2018
Nah we went qb in 2018 because we were able to get out from under joes contract in the 2019 offseason. That was going to happen regardless, joe was very clearly not the same after the piling up of injuries and his effort/care level had been dropping off more every year it seemed.

No RB is ever going to deter a FO from drafting “their guy” at qb, or even alter their scouting of qbs. Joe and his contract was the reason we went after Lamar, not the offense in general.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nah we went qb in 2018 because we were able to get out from under joes contract in the 2019 offseason. That was going to happen regardless, joe was very clearly not the same after the piling up of injuries and his effort/care level had been dropping off more every year it seemed.

No RB is ever going to deter a FO from drafting “their guy” at qb, or even alter their scouting of qbs. Joe and his contract was the reason we went after Lamar, not the offense in general.

What if Flacco looked like the current Tannehill though? We wouldn’t have signed him to a cheap vet contract and have drafted a more developmental QB that year with hopes for another guy in the coming years?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What if Flacco looked like the current Tannehill though? We wouldn’t have signed him to a cheap vet contract and have drafted a more developmental QB that year with hopes for another guy in the coming years?
Flacco wouldn’t have looked like that though lol, Henry didn’t “make” tannehill, tannehill was a solidly talented qb with a decent head on his shoulders, and he went to arthur smiths offense. Joe flacco was absolute ass from 2015 on, he left here and went elsewhere to continue taking the ugliest sacks you’ll ever see, checking down to covered backs on 3rd and long for losses, and rifling passes to the middle of the field 6 feet above the receivers head. He did it here, in Denver, less with the jets but the sample size was so small you can’t say one way or the other, but I’ll go with what I’ve seen for 6 years over a 2 game sample lol.

Derrick Henry would not have made joe flacco any less flacco-esque lol, he only would’ve hidden him from us by a tiny bit, but the coaches and FO would’ve known no matter who we had lining up with him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

especially as it sounds like the ravens werent "all in" on Qb as a position in the 2018 class necessarily, they loved Baker but knew they had no shot at him and they fell in love with Lamar through the 2017 college season

but it sounds like it was one of those 2 guys or no QB in that draft

they were in a position with Joe contractually that QBs became an option but they weren't gonna reach on one - Lamar fell into their lap and I can't imagine Lamar making it to 32 again and them not making that same move every single time...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
especially as it sounds like the ravens werent "all in" on Qb as a position in the 2018 class necessarily, they loved Baker but knew they had no shot at him and they fell in love with Lamar through the 2017 college season

but it sounds like it was one of those 2 guys or no QB in that draft

they were in a position with Joe contractually that QBs became an option but they weren't gonna reach on one - Lamar fell into their lap and I can't imagine Lamar making it to 32 again and them not making that same move every single time...
Exactly. Lamar was our guy. I can’t understand at all why we took hurst over him, but it’s very obvious that we were in on him.

bill polian should be appreciated by ravens fans, I don’t think Lamar is anywhere close to our pick if he didn’t talk out of his ass.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly. Lamar was our guy. I can’t understand at all why we took hurst over him, but it’s very obvious that we were in on him.

bill polian should be appreciated by ravens fans, I don’t think Lamar is anywhere close to our pick if he didn’t talk out of his ass.

i still can't believe that we not only traded down twice with lamar on the board but then also drafted someone else ahead of him lol - and somehow still managed to get him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
VERY interested in how literally anybody thinks 6 looks good on Queen… Queen is already small enough. 6 makes him look like anything other than a LB. But that’s not the point. 6 absolutely looks like a backwards 9 Tucker, and a completely jacked up 8
now wait. 6 comes before 9, so 9 is an upside down 6 and not the other way around.

That being said, I just think it looks weird, but for me it is due to not seeing it often. I'll get more used to it soon.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Ridley
Lamar
Brown
Andrews.... likely wouldve been one of the best drafts ever by a franchise

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i still can't believe that we not only traded down twice with lamar on the board but then also drafted someone else ahead of him lol - and somehow still managed to get him
I shake every time that thought crosses my mind. That was like risking your entire net worth on a horse with a broken leg. Stupid even in retrospect after achieving the desired result.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not surprising, bobs a VERY well spoken, intelligent, and confident guy.

let’s not compare him to romo though lol, 3 weeks into romos broadcasting career he was already being crowned the goat lol

i mean tbf - he's clearly good/interesting enough to spark a bidding war before he's even officially retired - RGIII's not the kind of name you'd expect there to be a bidding war about