• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Great to hear about some of you guys coaching young ones, as I coach a youth rec basketball team. Nothing better than seeing kids happy playing sports that both you, as a coach, and the kids love.

It's terrific for my mental health as well

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh man i won’t stop, I’m definitely doing it again, I think I was happier for those kids than they were lol. I’ve been waiting so long to give it a shot and I finally did and it’s definitely the first time I’ve had some constructive extracurricular stuff that I really want to commit to. This is worth my free time and energy without question.

can’t wait to graduate to tackle football, I think I’m gonna take on another season of flag before I try that though.

it's rewarding when you can nurture the same love for your sport in the kids that you have - you get to share that passion and joy with them

i loved being part of successful sports teams as a kid but it doesnt compare to what i get out of those same situations as a coach

it's such a privilege to watch people grow and it's even more of a privilege to get to be a part of that growth

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I just rewatched the highlights of our game vs browns, wish i found whole game but i didnt really search hard enough.. anyway, yea it just made me dislike our safties even more lol. They were getting killed

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just rewatched the highlights of our game vs browns, wish i found whole game but i didnt really search hard enough.. anyway, yea it just made me dislike our safties even more lol. They were getting killed

Which one? When we played the Browns in our first game with them back in 2019? When our safeties sucked ASS against them, or in 2020 when we were dealing with covid?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Which one? When we played the Browns in our first game with them back in 2019? When our safeties sucked ASS against them, or in 2020 when we were dealing with covid?
Has to be 19. As you know, TJ kept taking awful angles and couldn’t tackle for sh!t, and ET kept making business decisions because he didn’t want to hurt his vagina.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Has to be 19. As you know, TJ kept taking awful angles and couldn’t tackle for sh!t, and ET kept making business decisions because he didn’t want to hurt his vagina.

People talk shite about our safeties from last year, but damn at least those guys played with heart and didn’t do half bad together considering.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens ET is still better than both our current S combined lol

LOL you’re hilarious… the Ravens version sucked arse

Edit: Ok so sucked arse is admittedly untrue. But outside of being a solid coverage guy (when he wanted to be), what was he? He couldn’t play the run, tackle well, sure the hell wasn’t a good leader, sucked arse at hustle… I mean he was a mediocre blitzer, I guess??

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jalen twyman shot four times visiting his aunt in DC, non life threatening and full recovery expected.

this is why when dudes make it out the hood, 9 outta 10 don’t wanna come back and invest in their community.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lets just remember how injured we were during this game. Our defense was decimated. We had players out with covid and injuries.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
lets just remember how injured we were during this game. Our defense was decimated. We had players out with covid and injuries.
If we're talking about the shootout game from MNF in 2020, I'm not seeing the injuries or COVID impact on defense. In fact, it looks to be pretty much the healthiest we had been in about a month for that game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we're talking about the shootout game from MNF in 2020, I'm not seeing the injuries or COVID impact on defense. In fact, it looks to be pretty much the healthiest we had been in about a month for that game.
Actually what happened in this game is we only rolled with 4 corners because we wanted to rotate our front to shut down the run, and that wasn’t working quite as well as we wanted so we had gassed/hurt corners and the safeties still had to cheat up.

if we had a normal rotation in that game I guarantee those breakdowns don’t happen as frequently as they did. That was a really stupid gameplan to only roll with 4 corners, you stop their run game, and if you get a lead because they can’t run the ball and now they start passing to catch up, then what? Now you’re gassed af and your pass rush isn’t getting home because you have 2 0 techs and 2 more DTs who aren’t much of pass rushers and of course jack shit off the edge.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Really? We were down to our fifth string CB and hoped like hell we didn’t have to put Levine in at CB. It was talked about by the broadcasters. Not sure which game you’re thinking of