• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Bryan Edwards looks for real. Loved him in the draft. The raiders are not a bad team. They're probably a fringe playoff team.

Tyler

Practice Squad
This is a super random thought lol, but does anyone know where to find the clip of John Harbaugh dancing in pregame warmups with Buck Allen? I’m trying to figure out the song and can’t find the clip anymore

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah I don't think so. I actually don't think Waller's impact on the game was that big, and a lot of analysts agree with me. He got a bunch of stats on 19 targets. 19. You can give Boykin 19 targets and he'll get you 80-100 yards easily. I did not think Darren Waller was uncoverable in that game by any stretch of the imagination, and I think people who think that didn't watch the game and desperately need to go back and watch film.

I think five years ago, I'd be beating the "Jimmy is critical" drum all day long.
But if I conceptualize...
In 2020, he missed five games, and I don't see any significant impact on the defense in those games. He was pretty limited from a snap count perspective in the second half of the year, and the only time he really plays a ton of snaps these days is if he's playing a team that throws the ball a ton (Buffalo), or injuries force him into the lineup.
We had to game plan vs waller, we knew he was getting the ball and still couldnt stop him, we had to put hump on him and it still didnt work.. waller def impacted the game in a big way

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We had to game plan vs waller, we knew he was getting the ball and still couldnt stop him, we had to put hump on him and it still didnt work.. waller def impacted the game in a big way
We were extremely effective against Waller. The gameplan was to feed him with a firehose basically, and we held him to a stat line from what would be considered a good day with a regular target share, he had double what would be a regular target share

you can’t have 19 targets to a guy like Waller and expect to blank him. That’s a lot of wasted plays from them

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
19 targets with that amount of yards, we essentially stopped him

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
by not catching half of his targets - show me a receiver with 19 targets who doesnt go over 100 yds...
Its not about that.. saying he wasnt an impact is just all the way wrong though. Waller had to be accounted for every play regardless if he was getting the ball or not..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We were extremely effective against Waller. The gameplan was to feed him with a firehose basically, and we held him to a stat line from what would be considered a good day with a regular target share, he had double what would be a regular target share

you can’t have 19 targets to a guy like Waller and expect to blank him. That’s a lot of wasted plays from them
For me, it dnt matter if waller had 100 targets.. he still had an impact on the game..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
just like you would for any team's best weapon...
just like every team does for lamar...
Exactly, so waller was in fact impactful. Not like dude was locked up. He didnt have a bad game at all. I didnt watch whole game so idk how many balls thrown to him where actually catchable but to say waller didnt have a big impact is actually wrong..

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
by not catching half of his targets - show me a receiver with 19 targets who doesnt go over 100 yds...

Agree totally. Still makes me crazy he decided to play - "decently" - after being shown the door. But he's damaged goods. If he'd have panned out here, he and Andrews would be a crazy combo and we would not have been so fast to need to sign FA WR's...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly, so waller was in fact impactful. Not like dude was locked up. He didnt have a bad game at all. I didnt watch whole game so idk how many balls thrown to him where actually catchable but to say waller didnt have a big impact is actually wrong..
He didn't have the impact media or fantasy owners think he did. Just because he was a target monster doesn't mean he was uncoverable.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The last remaining undefeated teams in the AFC are the Raiders & Broncos. That's kinda crazy to think about.