• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anybody else noticing how Lamar has that extra gear this year that was largely missing last year? He has that quick twitch and insane elusiveness back like in 2019 that people started noticing wasn’t there last year

Anybody else noticing how Lamar has that extra gear this year that was largely missing last year? He has that quick twitch and insane elusiveness back like in 2019 that people started noticing wasn’t there last year
I seem to remember he came into camp last year bigger? Like, more muscle. Has he slimmed down again maybe?

No idea, but I remember him having a groin issue which no doubt took away some elusiveness. And then he had Covid
Well whatever it is, I totally agree, that amazing 2019 agility was back on show again last night. It's so fun to watch Lamar juke defenders out of their cleats over and over again. Think he juked four defenders on one run.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well whatever it is, I totally agree, that amazing 2019 agility was back on show again last night. It's so fun to watch Lamar juke defenders out of their cleats over and over again. Think he juked four defenders on one run.

And then he shoved that Chiefs defender to next week lol

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
BCCDAAAE-F88E-44F0-992A-05918DBAE6DB.jpeg
Don’t care for autographs much like I use to- I care way more about the interactions w players but I just brought this sign thinking some players would appreciate it. They absolutely loved it, I talked with Wink for a decent amount of time and he signed it saying it was a masterpiece. Got Patrick queen, deshon Eliot, chuck, malik, and Chris (5) in the picture along with Hollywood and some cool others but let me say, every defensive player who saw it smiled and came right over. It was awesome.
Best of all, there was a young kid around me who I helped get a ton of signatures from the guys being there for my picture. Someone did helped me out getting a carry Williams autograph years ago and I figured it’s best to pass that down.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve just received word from someone very close to the organization that Bateman is 2-3 weeks away from coming back. Don’t believe me, I understand, but it’s just something I heard. My source is reputable

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know a lot of people like Epenesa in the 2020 draft, myself included, although I liked Madubuike better.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Eh I was hoping for him but he’s not a first round talent and we got great value in the 2nd

obviously not the be all end all by all means but i had a 1st round grade on Epenesa - i think the athletic testing scared the ravens away from him completely and they clearly loved JK a whole hell of a lot

also maybe not an amazing fit in the blitzing scheme we run a lot of but i definitely thought epenesa was a 1st round type player

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
obviously not the be all end all by all means but i had a 1st round grade on Epenesa - i think the athletic testing scared the ravens away from him completely and they clearly loved JK a whole hell of a lot

also maybe not an amazing fit in the blitzing scheme we run a lot of but i definitely thought epenesa was a 1st round type player
yep and definitely saw more than a few mocks that had him going in the first round.

Simba

Staff Member
Obviously very early and making some assumptions here based on a small sample size, but we could get a nice draft class after all.

Rashod Bateman - unknown until he gets off of IR, but obvious starter at some point
Odafe Oweh - future starter and potential star
Ben Cleveland - potential starter in the future
Brandon Stephens - likely starter in the future with lots of room to grow
Tylan Wallace - rotational piece for the time being
Daelin Hayes - rotational piece for the time being

Yeah missing on Wade and Mason sucks but I'll take those contributions from the top 6 guys. Oweh and Stephens already look like they're going to be key players for us as soon as this season and we still have at least 2 more (Bateman and Cleveland) that are likely to get a similar opportunity as the season goes on.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not b all end all and only two weeks in, but Orlando Brown, Jr has a PFF grade of 53.1 in pass blocking and 64.5 in run blocking.