• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Looks like Schefter dug himself into a hole following all the Gruden stuff and how he allowed former GM Bruce Allen to control the narrative of one of his stories. Now Yahoo is uncovering his past, wonder what Schefter did to get his daughter a job on Nickelodeon's NFL show.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/star-espn-reporter-adam-schefter-031711668.html
i mean what could he have down besides use his connections to get her a job?i dnt like situations like this because everything that comes out will be so blown outta context..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
What makes the whole situation worse is all the pundits said Queen had turned the corner in training camp.

I was so excited hearing this.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??????
I guess he just havent figured it out yet idk.. it take a few games of consistent play for me to believe he is turning the corner, till then he is trash.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
just makes me sad that Dobbins and Gus went down and that Bateman's been injured to start the year because this offence could be unstoppable

what makes me smile though is that all these weapons other than watkins are under contract for 2022 and we'll have ju'wuan james to add and hopefully we can retain ricard and bozeman too

and this is also before ronnie's healthy and boyle (albeit boyle probably not a major factor in the passing game)

but if we can keep the lamar, andrews, hollywood corps around for a long time and supplement them with extra talent at times then i think we're set for success for a while through the air now
I thought about this earlier. I have come to the conclusion that at some point in the offseason, we used the Soul Stone from Marvel in order to unlock the potential of our passing offense. Someone had to perform a blood sacrifice on our RBs in order for this to come into fruition. I will not be convinced otherwise.

Haters and divisional rivals alike better pray to the football gods that Dobbins and Gus don't return to their normal selves and/or this passing offense this year is an anomaly. The absolute carnage this offense will inflict on opposing defenses will be of biblical proportions. I shall this #SIIE this bitch for all to witness.

CC: @JAAM

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As for the rest of his "transgressions", they're comically minor to me and I personally wouldn't even consider any of them unethical.
Appearing in commercials?
Investing in a gambling app company?
Joining the board of an NFL developmental league?
I fail to see the unethical aspects here. He's a journalist. He's not in any real position of power. If the concern is that he somehow will report "favorably or unfavorably" on the NFL because of what stances he has in the business, who gives a shit. Journalists all over this country do the same for no other reason that some shitty-ass bias they have against somebody. Probably because a football player banged their daughter at some point and then didn't send flowers.

idk that those are necessarily unethical just anathema to unbiased reporting which is fine - although it is journalistically unethical not to declare your conflicts of interest when reporting but he's an insider and it's kind of understood that his job is to shill for the NFL at times (same as rapsheet and other high profile insiders) which is why you see him often publishing stuff touting NFL ownership or senior views or "pushing" viewpoints that are beneficial to the NFL (we saw that a lot in the last CBA negotiations)

however the JPP stuff was extremely unethical

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What makes the whole situation worse is all the pundits said Queen had turned the corner in training camp.

i mean he has looked better in coverage... which tbf is what you see most in training camp and the offseason because so much of it is non-contact - can't miss tackles if there's no tackling at all

rossihunter2

Staff Member

what happened to bart - my word - also ironic that he's talking about hollywood getting hurt feelings and yet here's a dude monologuing and getting emotional and defensive after a player called him out on twitter lol

dude is literally talking about how he's in the hallowed halls and he was a great player for the ravens... but he also never won a superbowl here

and clearly isnt that important to the fabric of the organisation given he's not in the ring of honor despite hanging up his cleats nearly a decade ago

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well when people went full speed they suddenly realized Queen was going full speed the entire time and it is not as though they do a lot of tackling in practice.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
he said hollywood wouldnt start on any team in the NFL then hollywood took the piss out of him being called bart on twitter and he clearly didnt like it lol
Bart Scott had to have been told by his bosses to say that or he's tryna play 5D chess with Hollywood by saying this tomfoolery which will motivate Hollywood to play at a higher level.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
80347467-6865-406A-98B3-D54BE2014A8D.jpeg
Check out NFL’s official Twitter page..

They really milking Lamar’s popularity now.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok. Bart Scott has an inferiority complex. It’s plain as day. His skin has also got thin af. My god.