• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
saying he wouldn't start on KC, Green Bay or Buffalo

I think it was also that he wouldn’t start on any team in the AFC North which was insane because neither he, nor I, can name the Steelers starting WRs. I would grant that might be true for the Browns, and certainly not a number 1 over Chase but probably their number 2, but I struggled to see how that could work in Pitt. Even if you really like JuJu (I think he is a JAG whose entire career was made by AB) he would certainly be their other starter.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk that those are necessarily unethical just anathema to unbiased reporting which is fine - although it is journalistically unethical not to declare your conflicts of interest when reporting but he's an insider and it's kind of understood that his job is to shill for the NFL at times (same as rapsheet and other high profile insiders) which is why you see him often publishing stuff touting NFL ownership or senior views or "pushing" viewpoints that are beneficial to the NFL (we saw that a lot in the last CBA negotiations)

however the JPP stuff was extremely unethical
I put no weight in the conflict of interest arguments these clowns come up with. Any journalist who's partakes in any sort of stock ownership program, including 401Ks/IRAs, etc. could have an argument made against them that they're being unethical and have a conflict of ownership. That represents the large majority of reporters and journalists in this country.

I could argue both sides of the JPP angle. If he just published a story saying what happened, without the document, everybody would have been fine with it, which is a little bit of a moral conundrum to begin with, but that's how the public does things these days... they apply selective morality.
All the document did was verify the information being reported.

Ethics and morals are a lose/lose argument. They're, by definition, subjective. Just because somebody on Twitter thinks somethings unethical, or even a group of people thinking something is unethical, doesn't mean really anything. Things that are universally accepted as unethical or "wrong" are called laws. Everything else exists in a subjective area.

That's why many employers establish things like Codes of Conduct. It's to create a set of applied standards, to all workers, that goes above and beyond what the law says. The employer establishes an accepted, objective pattern of behavior, and it establishes an unaccepted, objective pattern of behavior. They do this because they don't trust people to operate in a civil way outside of what the law requires.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think it was also that he wouldn’t start on any team in the AFC North which was insane because neither he, nor I, can name the Steelers starting WRs. I would grant that might be true for the Browns, and certainly not a number 1 over Chase but probably their number 2, but I struggled to see how that could work in Pitt. Even if you really like JuJu (I think he is a JAG whose entire career was made by AB) he would certainly be their other starter.
Chase Claypool and Diontae Johnson are the Steelers top 2 receivers. JuJu is the number 3 receiver and he's now done for the year. Hollywood would absolutely start alongside Claypool.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There isn’t a team in the league that Hollywood couldn’t be a top shelf wr3 that will absolutely change every defenses game plans. Wr3 is a starter in 2021. That’s bare minimum, he’s WR2 on probably half the teams in the league.

Bart Scott straight up hasnt watched film. Hollywood is a top 3 deep threat in the league right now and is maybe the most devastating route runner of all the “burner” receivers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Then he said Hollywood wouldn't start on ANY team in the AFC. I want some of what he's smoking.
he obviously isn't watching tape nor does he know what he has done in his last 11 games.

He's been near the top 10 in TD's in the NFL since entering the league and thats without ever going through a full training camp.

Simba

Staff Member
Greg Gumbel is a certified idiot... of course we won't cheer Ben in his final game at The Bank.

I wouldn’t cheer for him but I respect the hell out of him and his toughness in our matchups year after year. Definitely won’t be the same playing the Steelers without him.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn’t cheer for him but I respect the hell out of him and his toughness in our matchups year after year. Definitely won’t be the same playing the Steelers without him.

Agreed there is absolutely a respect factor there. Not going to throw him a going away party but Im thankful for the intense rivalry we had with him on the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Greg Gumbel is a certified idiot... of course we won't cheer Ben in his final game at The Bank.

I'm sure you didn't just realize now that Gumbel is a certified idiot. @rossihunter2 he would literally be certifiable in the UK, wouldn't he. I don't understand how Gumbel is still on television.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
only reason to cheer him would be to try and convince him to stay another year
He hasn't even announced his retirement? Like if he does that before the end of the season, then MAYBE he gets something.

We're not going to give a standing ovation to an opposing player who hasn't announced his retirement.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
he obviously isn't watching tape nor does he know what he has done in his last 11 games.

He's been near the top 10 in TD's in the NFL since entering the league and thats without ever going through a full training camp.
He shouldnt even havr to watch tape.. it should be common sense.. i think like most analyst, he just says stuff for attention.. media isnt really about knowledge of the sport its about entertainment and views. 95% of the stuff they say is inaccurate

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He shouldnt even havr to watch tape.. it should be common sense.. i think like most analyst, he just says stuff for attention.. media isnt really about knowledge of the sport its about entertainment and views. 95% of the stuff they say is inaccurate
click bait

Simba

Staff Member
Agreed there is absolutely a respect factor there. Not going to throw him a going away party but Im thankful for the intense rivalry we had with him on the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More of a tip of the cap thing to me. Rivalry won’t be the same without him for at least a little while.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Only if we beat their ass. Yeah, going to be weird going forward in the rivalry without him. Wonder if Steelers fans felt the same when Ray, Reed then Suggs left/retired.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He hasn't even announced his retirement? Like if he does that before the end of the season, then MAYBE he gets something.

We're not going to give a standing ovation to an opposing player who hasn't announced his retirement.

HIs play announced it for him...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Bart Scott's clown ass took it one step further. He said Hollywood wouldn't start on any team in the ENTIRE CONFERENCE. Clown talk by him. Just preposterous.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tip of the cap for Big Ben? How bout TIP OF THIS DICK! FUCK Big Ben, I don’t wanna hear NO MORE of this polite talk. Call him a fat fuck, a geriatric, and a rapist, that’s how we talk about Ben roethlisberger around these parts. y’all mfs getting too soft for my liking.
0E898D1E-AA9C-4B26-9AE3-29C7E1E4BE9F.jpeg