• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Sure I should. I'd put up a hundred bucks to show me a printed instance of me not displaying self awareness. There's nobody on this board more aware of the statements they make, how they're perceived by others, and how they may or may not piss off other people than me.

For some reason I read this post in Trump's voice.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Sure I should. I'd put up a hundred bucks to show me a printed instance of me not displaying self awareness. There's nobody on this board more aware of the statements they make, how they're perceived by others, and how they may or may not piss off other people than me.
ima keep it a buck with you cause youre a Raven…. I know for fking certain that you dnt be aware of the fact that you twist shit around and start to get personal when you say shit on these boards ….and that is obvious real talk. Shit i used to feel bad for you dawg but now since i see you like to lie to yourself and claim youre so “ self aware” i wont look the other way no more

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well it hasn't been years. It's been months. And I wasn't the only one who was pissed off he was a coward and a quitter and screwed over other people who were trying to take it more seriously.

I'm certainly not worked up by it. In case it wasn't obvious already, I enjoy trolling people like him. The lack of self-awareness and the overall "bad takes" when it comes to knowledge of football is very much the type of "fun" I look forward to in internet forums. Having people that are that oblivious around makes it more interesting.
How about this…. Whatever you think you know about football, we can bet.. idc what is. From fking predicting who we are gonna draft at 14 to the teams that will make offs, win Sb, who we cut, offensive rookie of year, droy, rec yard leader, best defense, weekly survival, who makes all pro… anything

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
How about this…. Whatever you think you know about football, we can bet.. idc what is. From fking predicting who we are gonna draft at 14 to the teams that will make offs, win Sb, who we cut, offensive rookie of year, droy, rec yard leader, best defense, weekly survival, who makes all pro… anything
But very few of those things have anything to do with football knowledge. It's a lot closer to picking lottery balls or winning on scratch off tickets than it is to actually knowing anything.
So it makes perfect sense that you would want to bet those things. Very "on brand".
Sure, we can "bet" on whatever you want. When there's no risk of loss on any bet, people can predict whatever they want any have no real issue if they're wrong. Happens on these boards all offseason. People make predictions, they never come true, nothing happens. That's the nature of being a "fan"... zero risk.
It's the same "it's all free" argument.

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
ima keep it a buck with you cause youre a Raven…. I know for fking certain that you dnt be aware of the fact that you twist shit around and start to get personal when you say shit on these boards ….and that is obvious real talk. Shit i used to feel bad for you dawg but now since i see you like to lie to yourself and claim youre so “ self aware” i wont look the other way no more
lol, I'm extremely aware of what I say. I'm aware of the personal nature of it before you even read it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
But very few of those things have anything to do with football knowledge. It's a lot closer to picking lottery balls or winning on scratch off tickets than it is to actually knowing anything.
So it makes perfect sense that you would want to bet those things. Very "on brand".
Sure, we can "bet" on whatever you want. When there's no risk of loss on any bet, people can predict whatever they want any have no real issue if they're wrong. Happens on these boards all offseason. People make predictions, they never come true, nothing happens. That's the nature of being a "fan"... zero risk.
It's the same "it's all free" argument.
Oh i was actually talking about betting money lol so yea there is a risk for sure and i wouldnt compare it lottery balls or scratch offs.. thats a really bad analogy but ok you won

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh i was actually talking about betting money lol so yea there is a risk for sure and i wouldnt compare it lottery balls or scratch offs.. thats a really bad analogy but ok you won
how does one pay a total stranger money?

I would certainly compare it to lottery balls or scratch offs. What specific knowledge about anything would you need to just randomly pick half the awards you suggested? You think it requires some like large set of football knowledge to guess who the MVP is going to be? You could put like 6-8 names in a hat and just draw one and you'd be just as close as anybody else is.

It goes without saying at this point, but if a guy can't be trusted to spend 2 minutes a week putting together a free money fantasy football team, it doesn't bode well for the trustworthiness that they'd even consider paying up on any sort of monetary wager that they weren't already forced to do so. Let alone to a complete stranger that you have no association with.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well this was interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure what's going about the betting but bets don't have to involve money. The loser just can have an avatar of a guy in a dunce hat or you can proclaim how great the other poster is every time you post. Something like that and do it for a month.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Have we seen anyone actually faster than tyreke hill in the nfl? Only one i think comes close is cj2k and ive seen run in a street race that mf looked like flash but i cant think if anyone else

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Have we seen anyone actually faster than tyreke hill in the nfl? Only one i think comes close is cj2k and ive seen run in a street race that mf looked like flash but i cant think if anyone else
Darrell Green was clocked at 4.18 or something like that, but it's not official. More recent, I'd have to agree that CJ2k could give him a run for the money.

Last edited: