• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Typical coach-speak. I’m assuming had Roman been let go, that’s what he would’ve opened with, but he didn’t, and I turned it off after the first question that was about Lamar because I got sad
Oh classic. This is what we should have expected though unfortunately

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
John talking about David pissed me off. Not sure why lol

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm officially on the fire Harbs train after this bullshit. Letting Roman continue to be OC after that putrid display is pure NEGLIGENCE and I'm tired of this shit. Fire both those motherfuckers and give us Sean Payton with a new OC for next season so maybe we can actually do something in the playoffs for once

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm officially on the fire Harbs train after this bullshit. Letting Roman continue to be OC after that putrid display is pure NEGLIGENCE and I'm tired of this shit. Fire both those motherfuckers and give us Sean Payton with a new OC for next season so maybe we can actually do something in the playoffs for once
My God, if we got Payton I'd shit my pantalones.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The worst little detail in the midst of all this crap - Harbaugh has 3 more years on the contract.
I don't know how I'll manage through 3 more years of utter bullshit.
Was going to bring this up earlier.
Keep in mind that a) the NFL just fired a shot across the bow at Owners, telling them they're pissing away too much $ by constantly hiring and firing these guys and not giving them long enough runway and b) a lot of you fans are out here complaining about how cheap the Ravens are and that they won't pay Lamar because of it. And in the middle of that cheapness, you think Steve's going to fire a whole bunch of people under long term contracts AND pay a ridiculous amount to get Payton to coach here?

Lol, good luck with that reconciliation.

Also I literally have no fucking clue why any person on the planet would actually think he's going to go to a podium today and announce he's firing Roman.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Keep in mind that a) the NFL just fired a shot across the bow at Owners, telling them they're pissing away too much $ by constantly hiring and firing these guys and not giving them long enough runway and b) a lot of you fans are out here complaining about how cheap the Ravens are and that they won't pay Lamar because of it. And in the middle of that cheapness, you think Steve's going to fire a whole bunch of people under long term contracts AND pay a ridiculous amount to get Payton to coach here?

Also I literally have no fucking clue why any person on the planet would actually think he's going to go to a podium today and announce he's firing Roman.
Harbaugh has had since 2008... has 1 Super Bowl a decade ago and very little playoff success since. He's gotten enough time.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

I would think we are all saying this in jest but.....

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Same BS every week. Why even waste time
I agree. Do fans literally ever get anything out of Monday morning press conference from coaches? Like on any team, ever, has it actually materialized anything other than injury updates to players?

No coach is really ever going to stand up there and bang on his coaches publicly. I'd fire John on the spot if he ever did that. Horrible example of leadership.

I honestly don't even know why they do these press conferences at all, other than to get the media a little stimulation for a few mins so they can fulfill their useless "reporting" obligations.

I loved watching the Belichick press conferences just to watch the media squirm when he fucked with them over and over again, and then goes off on a long tangent about something they clearly don't care about, such as the importance and roles of gunners on special teams.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh has had since 2008... has 1 Super Bowl a decade ago and very little playoff success since. He's gotten enough time.
One could make the same case for Lamar and most of the core players on the roster, too, yet we're selectively advocating for who should be extended and who should be fired, based on the same output...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would think we are all saying this in jest but.....
O no, I can assure you that there are people on here who very, very, very much actually thought this was going to happen, and are legitimately surprised that it didn't.

And I have no fucking clue how that thought process occurred. I understand how you WANT it to occur, but thinking that it's actually going to happen now is sheer lunacy to me.

We're going to be 1 and done again this year. Roman most likely will be gone and Harbaugh will get another shot with a new OC. If we don't make the playoffs next year his ass needs to go. Arrogant and stubborn A hole. Justin took more accountability than this @*#^&@&

So pissed off right now.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I never thought it would happen. Didn’t mean I didn’t hope it would happen lol
And yes, I know... but, but, but, but, but they did it with Cam....
Yes, and they also did it with Marty.

That's why I would never expect it to happen.