• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Same. @balfan23 I think it was the fact that after the loss to NE (unfortunately on my fucking birthday of ALL days), it appeared that he was committed to stay with us and build a foundation for the offense. All of a sudden, the DEN HC job opens up and BOOP! he was gone.
Exactly.
"I am not going anywhere, we're building something here."
I'm glad horseface fucked him over on this one.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
sorry - yeah they just moved him to TE coach which seems odd given that he only ever played WR and has only ever coached WRs but maybe he just couldn't develop receivers because he tried to replicate what worked for him too much

this move makes me nervous but we'll see i suppose
Hope we atleast get a good wr coach. Think Andrews can’t be stopped. Also Hayden Hurst will be fine as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Now that Engram has been moved to TE coach, I’m wondering who Harbaugh has in mind for WR coach. Could we be moving Urban to WR coach where he has tons of experience and bringing in a qb coach or bringing in a wr come acl from outside the organisation. I believe it’s the latter but either one is a possibility.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
So what I am gathering is that the Ravens made a decision to demote him and wanted to keep him. Initially I thought they wanted him to say and he simply said no. Demoting him is completely different and I never would have seen that coming.

Roman ran the offense the 9ers did with a healthy Kap. I liked that.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't understand why the hate to Kubiak. Did it suck? Yes. Was it fuck him for that? Yep...

But I understood that the ONE job that could possibly rip him from us was available and he made the right decision. We ALL would leave our current situation if our dream job/situation would open up.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now that Engram has been moved to TE coach, I’m wondering who Harbaugh has in mind for WR coach. Could we be moving Urban to WR coach where he has tons of experience and bringing in a qb coach or bringing in a wr come acl from outside the organisation. I believe it’s the latter but either one is a possibility.
On offense Qb coaches are highly regarded Urban joined us because we offered him a theoretical promotion. I think a wr/passing game coordinator role might be tempting to get a talented mind. Unfortunately the 49ers are blocking all their guys like McDaniel and LaFleur.

So when Brown pulled his antics to finish the season I felt there was no way he remains a Steeler. Most seemed to think yeah same old drama ... they’ll get past it. Then it was reported that Brown requested a trade. More proof this was bigger than the usual Steelers theatre. But it was initially reported by LaConfora so many were like “yawn moving on ...”.

When the team president not only says they will seek to shop him but says “it is hard to envision “ him returning I’d say that means, we’ll its hard to see how he stays a Steeler. I’ll translate that as meaning it’s hard to imagine some team won’t offer a deal that Steelers will be willing to accept.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
So when Brown pulled his antics to finish the season I felt there was no way he remains a Steeler. Most seemed to think yeah same old drama ... they’ll get past it. Then it was reported that Brown requested a trade. More proof this was bigger than the usual Steelers theatre. But it was initially reported by LaConfora so many were like “yawn moving on ...”.

When the team president not only says they will seek to shop him but says “it is hard to envision “ him returning I’d say that means, we’ll its hard to see how he stays a Steeler. I’ll translate that as meaning it’s hard to imagine some team won’t offer a deal that Steelers will be willing to accept.

This is great news for the Ravens. I suspect that it will be us and the Browns fighting for the AFC North division title.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

The Steelers organization is dramatic af all the way down to the president, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they instantly make up.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't understand why the hate to Kubiak. Did it suck? Yes. Was it fuck him for that? Yep...

But I understood that the ONE job that could possibly rip him from us was available and he made the right decision. We ALL would leave our current situation if our dream job/situation would open up.
The hate is due to the fact that he made a commitment to come back before the Broncos job became open . Then he reneged on his commitment to the Ravens .
If I agree to buy a product from someone and then two weeks later I find a cheaper price , is it ok for me to just cancel the original order and buy the same product at the cheaper price ?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The hate is due to the fact that he made a commitment to come back before the Broncos job became open . Then he reneged on his commitment to the Ravens .
If I agree to buy a product from someone and then two weeks later I find a cheaper price , is it ok for me to just cancel the original order and buy the same product at the cheaper price ?

...yes

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Absolutely zero ill-will towards Kubiak for moving on. His dream job became available, a promotion from his then-title as well, and he didn't miss out on the opportunity. I wish he got his ring here, but I'm glad that he got it at any point. He deserved it.