• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mack is good but doesnt he rush the passer most of time or was that just with raiders? i never really liked him because he wasnt as versatile as von and suggs.
Mack was first team all pro at 2 positions for OLB and DE. He lines up on both sides more often than miller, and his run stop percentage by pff is quite a bit higher than millers. So I definitely wouldn’t say he’s lacking versatility over Miller, all the metrics would suggest otherwise

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I had a dream that the ravens were playing the chargers instead of the dolphins for kickoff, I couldn’t watch the game for whatever reason but could tune in occasionally. And Lamar was HORRIBLE, like every time I tuned in I see a pick or fumble. Yet every time I tuned in the score was tied or close to it...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Mack was first team all pro at 2 positions for OLB and DE. He lines up on both sides more often than miller, and his run stop percentage by pff is quite a bit higher than millers. So I definitely wouldn’t say he’s lacking versatility over Miller, all the metrics would suggest otherwise
I meant by cvg my bad.. i dont really see him droppig back in cvg at all when he played for the raiders.

Reactions: cdp

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I had a dream that the ravens were playing the chargers instead of the dolphins for kickoff, I couldn’t watch the game for whatever reason but could tune in occasionally. And Lamar was HORRIBLE, like every time I tuned in I see a pick or fumble. Yet every time I tuned in the score was tied or close to it...
Sounds about right lol..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I meant by cvg my bad.. i dont really see him droppig back in cvg at all when he played for the raiders.
“Run-stop percentage is a metric PFF uses to measure tackles for a gain of two yards or less. Mack’s average run-stop percentage since 2015 is 10.26 to 8.2 for Miller. Neither one gets paid to cover but Mack is the only one of the two that has been in PFF’s top 10 (No. 6) in yards per coverage snap for 3-4 outside linebackers and that was in 2015.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...an-von-miller-so-raiders-must-pay-him-like-it

purp

Practice Squad
Sorry. Meant to add “current” raven. Seems like Eric weddle got a boost just to hype up LA rams. His stats was lesser than what it was 2 years ago. Yet he made it this year.. I agree though, Marlon or Pierce should have been in it

With Earl Thomas on defense and Lamar Jackson on offense I expect a lot of media attention this year. Will lead to much more recognition for our guys next year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that's not a dream, it's a nightmare.

Yanda is the ultimate snub. He hasn't allowed a sack since 2015.

Ah forgot about him (ironically) - damn right. I've heard the guys on the Around the NFL podcast talk about how bad Yanda was in the Chargers playoff game a few times, which makes me wonder if some of the media think he's still at LG and blame him for James Hurst.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they are ranking Weddle 100 and not ranking any current Ravens defender that means they live in a fantasy world where Weddle is better than Thomas.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I had a dream we re-signed Crabtree...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If they are ranking Weddle 100 and not ranking any current Ravens defender that means they live in a fantasy world where Weddle is better than Thomas.
Weddle was clearly scored on past accomplishments. Some players will always be treated kindly, regardless of how they played recently.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If we lose in week 1, you deserve ALL of the blame.

Speaking of dreams, don't even think about it @Ravensnation5220

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd like to point out that M. Schaub is still at it - managed to throw an INT while passing just 10 times.
The crazy part about all things Matt schaub is... for a few years straight he was one of the top passers in the league and the Texans had one of the most unstoppable offenses

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The crazy part about all things Matt schaub is... for a few years straight he was one of the top passers in the league and the Texans had one of the most unstoppable offenses
Schaub was a product of Kubiak and his staff (Kyle Shanahan, Pariani, Dennison and a young Matt LaFleur).
Kubiak had one of the best coordinated offenses, even Belichick and Patricia struggled to stop his offense. He's a true qb whisperer.

purp

Practice Squad
Schaub was a product of Kubiak and his staff (Kyle Shanahan, Pariani, Dennison and a young Matt LaFleur).
Kubiak had one of the best coordinated offenses, even Belichick and Patricia struggled to stop his offense. He's a true qb whisperer.

Kubiak is one of those guys that was born to be an NFL coach. What a prolific career.