• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Sighlas

Practice Squad
You think I would get shit if I wore a Cleveland Browns Ozzie Newsome jersey to the game ?? Ozzie is a goat

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
of course you'd say that. lol
yhst-67744761059791_2272_35460521

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We did what in the SB? im confused

I legit dont remember us doing this vs niners tbh

that play where we ran out the clock in the regular season where everyone held...

we did that also in the superbowl, we just didnt execute it as well - if we'd nailed the execution we would never have needed to face the return and we would have been able to win the game on the safety - but we didnt so we ran a load of time of the clock before koch went out the corner of the endzone

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not that they let us do it, just that the team possessing the ball either suffers the holding penalty, and then it’s a safety anyway with a ten second runoff ending the game, or it’s declined and the result of the play stands(a safety)

It’s brilliant, damned if ya do damned if ya don’t, and the league would literally have to change the consequences of a safety inside the 2 minute warning to get around this

after the 2nd time we did it (to literally win and end a game), the nfl implemented rules that would make that play illegal - i.e. they wouldnt allow a game to end on a play with obvious bad sportsmanship (or something like that) - think it means that there would have to be a return (probably a timeless down)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

nfl.com writer - chris wesseling is an analyst i really respect - i think that says more about the lack of quality OL around the league albeit im surprised the raiders OL isnt featured (theyve been really impressive through 5 weeks)

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
after the 2nd time we did it (to literally win and end a game), the nfl implemented rules that would make that play illegal - i.e. they wouldnt allow a game to end on a play with obvious bad sportsmanship (or something like that) - think it means that there would have to be a return (probably a timeless down)
I think it was the Bengals game in 2016. That was really perfectly executed because Koch was basically waiting in the endzone even when the clock went 0:00. hahaha

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pure brilliance is considered bad sportsmanship when it’s committed by anyone other than bill bellichick

nfl.com writer - chris wesseling is an analyst i really respect - i think that says more about the lack of quality OL around the league albeit im surprised the raiders OL isnt featured (theyve been really impressive through 5 weeks)

Richie Incognito has been a beast for then, 36yo out of retirement and still no dropoff. No sacks allowed and is still a monster in the run game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The one where we got the S on purpose during a punt for the time to run out.. that was genius

I think it was the Bengals game in 2016. That was really perfectly executed because Koch was basically waiting in the endzone even when the clock went 0:00. hahaha
The funniest part about the 2nd time it happened? The Bengals players seemed more interested in fighting our players than actually going for Koch.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Capitals: 2018 Stanley Cup Champions
Nationals: NL East Champions, Potential WS Run?
Washington Mystics(WNBA Team): 2019 Champions

download.jpeg