• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-16_9-38-10.png

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Worked out well for everybody

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
6m

As part of the Marcus Peters-for-Kenny Young trade, the Rams also received a 5th-round pick, per source. Rams would have gotten a 2021 3rd- or 4th-round comp pick for Peters...so instead they get a 5th a year earlier, and a young player they liked last year - and saved money.

Also, I feel Marcus Peters is going to sing all the way to Bmore after escaping the Rams zone D trap. When he played man in KC, he was top 3-5 back in the league.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Also, it maybe a good sign we actually agreed a long term deal and Jimmy Smith either takes a huge pay cut or is released next year.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Failure to get more pass rushing help this season is what is keeping us from being a team that can go deep into the playoffs.

Unless of course Lamar can take us to the promised land.

And im not ruling Lamar out. LOL

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Failure to get more pass rushing help this season is what is keeping us from being a team that can go deep into the playoffs.

Unless of course Lamar can take us to the promised land.

And im not ruling Lamar out. LOL

im hoping that the pass rush improves just with some of the minor changes we've made - it's not going to be fixed and its not going to be dominant but if jaylon ferguson continues to get better and earn more snaps and if jihad ward can make an impact inside then it snowballs into pernell mcphee getting more 1v1 inside (especially if we can trust jaylon outside + a little bit of tyus spelling judon)

what pernell mcphee did really well this week a few times that i hadnt seen him do for a while was time the snap - there's one where he literally knocks the center on his ass a split second after the snap because he's just quicker off the snap

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
im hoping that the pass rush improves just with some of the minor changes we've made - it's not going to be fixed and its not going to be dominant but if jaylon ferguson continues to get better and earn more snaps and if jihad ward can make an impact inside then it snowballs into pernell mcphee getting more 1v1 inside (especially if we can trust jaylon outside + a little bit of tyus spelling judon)

what pernell mcphee did really well this week a few times that i hadnt seen him do for a while was time the snap - there's one where he literally knocks the center on his ass a split second after the snap because he's just quicker off the snap
They should have more time to get to QB with Peters' help in coverage.
In theory.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I am really surprised there isn't more excitement around here for Peters trade.

This was a major get for us if we can or already worked out long term deal.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am really surprised there isn't more excitement around here for Peters trade.

This was a major get for us if we can or already worked out long term deal.
You don’t think there’s a lot of excitement? Everyone seems pretty stoked to me