• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Im as happy as anyone with the value for Marcus Peters, we keep our picks and we shore up a position of need, Im not arguing against it and I think Peters can regain his form. All Im saying about Ramsey is if we had made that trade it would have worked for us as well, we'd all be cheering because he has proven game changing value and another 7 or so AP prime years.
No doubt, if we traded for Ramsey, come Sunday I'd be excited as hell to see what he could do for us. There would be a part of me that would be like .... OMG this could be great but dear God please let this work out!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Im as happy as anyone with the value for Marcus Peters, we keep our picks and we shore up a position of need, Im not arguing against it and I think Peters can regain his form. All Im saying about Ramsey is if we had made that trade it would have worked for us as well, we'd all be cheering because he has proven game changing value and another 7 or so AP prime years.
this is assuming he stays healthy. That's the issue that makes it riskier giving up multiple 1st round picks. If he has a really bad injury you just through away multiple high picks.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I kinda wish we wouldve went for chris harris tbh.. has been a top cb who gets left out of conversions for years

Could the Ravens get Chris Harris for a player the Ravens were not going to use and a pick for a player the Ravens cut, so effectively nothing?

Last edited:

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I kinda wish we wouldve went for chris harris tbh.. has been a top cb who gets left out of conversions for years
I think we wouldn't have had enough cap space to trade for Harris. I don't want DeCosta to restructure another contract. We need to get out of 2-3 contracts already. The only thing I'd consider is to trade for former 1st or 2nd round LBs who haven't lived up to their draft status. Like the rams and Fowler last season.

Raekwon McMillan
Charles Harris
Jerome Baker

All drafted by the Dolphins. I don't know how they've played so far. But they're cheap now.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we wouldn't have had enough cap space to trade for Harris. I don't want DeCosta to restructure another contract. We need to get out of 2-3 contracts already. The only thing I'd consider is to trade for former 1st or 2nd round LBs who haven't lived up to their draft status. Like the rams and Fowler last season.

Raekwon McMillan
Charles Harris
Jerome Baker

All drafted by the Dolphins. I don't know how they've played so far. But they're cheap now.
No Charles Harris. He should’ve never been a first rounder to begin with

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
OT: Baker Mayfield can't throw
Baker Mayfield QB
GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG YDS/G LNG TD INT SACK SYL QBR RTG
6 112 198 56.6 1,496 7.6 255.2 89 5 11 16 128 38.2 66.0

Lamar Jackson QB

6 127 195 65.1 1,507 7.7 327.8 83 11 5 16 88 70.3 96.7

Why is the narrative around the NFL that Lamar still can't throw while conversely QB's like Baker is getting a pass? With Baker it's always Freddie Kitchens, the OL, he's distracted.

People still put Lamar in the category of a qb who can't throw despite having some of the best passing stats of any of the qb's in his class. Does he make mistakes? Yes. But I'd like to know how a guy like Baker who has been exposed as a one read qb is still viewed as being more poised for future success then Lamar. He is putting up those stats with OBJ, Laron Landry and Nick Chubb. He's had high end TE play with Jones and Njoku (prior to injury).

this is assuming he stays healthy. That's the issue that makes it riskier giving up multiple 1st round picks. If he has a really bad injury you just through away multiple high picks.

You could say the same about any rookie, you weigh the risk and investment. The added risk for draft picks is that for every Humphrey and Stanley theres a Perriman and Elam.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Very interesting article on NFL Pass Blocking and Pass Rushing win rate

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

EG8WTpaX4AAwpp1

OT: Baker Mayfield can't throw
Baker Mayfield QB
6 112 198 56.6 1,496 7.6 255.2 89 5 11 16 128 38.2 66.0

Lamar Jackson QB

6 127 195 65.1 1,507 7.7 327.8 83 11 5 16 88 70.3 96.7

Why is the narrative around the NFL that Lamar still can't throw while conversely QB's like Baker is getting a pass? With Baker it's always Freddie Kitchens, the OL, he's distracted.

People still put Lamar in the category of a qb who can't throw despite having some of the best passing stats of any of the qb's in his class. Does he make mistakes? Yes. But I'd like to know how a guy like Baker who has been exposed as a one read qb is still viewed as being more poised for future success then Lamar. He is putting up those stats with OBJ, Laron Landry and Nick Chubb. He's had high end TE play with Jones and Njoku (prior to injury).

Baker has been getting hammered by everyone over the last month, I think both he and Lamar have changed the narratives for themselves.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You could say the same about any rookie, you weigh the risk and investment. The added risk for draft picks is that for every Humphrey and Stanley theres a Perriman and Elam.
yes but the cost to obtain him puts it at a much larger risk.