• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
FFS, the Steelers haven't had any pass rush for years and Shazier can't stay healthy, their front 3 is the only constent threat. The Browns have an average at best LB corps, and aside from Garett there's only Ogbah, and Shelton who's injured. The Bengals just took 225yds rushing from the Chiefs, probably more than we took in an entire preseason. They have some pass rushers outside and Geno and Burfict inside and that's it, you can gash them up the middle like you can kiss girls in BMS.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
FFS, the Steelers haven't had any pass rush for years and Shazier can't stay healthy, their front 3 is the only constent threat. The Browns have an average at best LB corps, and aside from Garett there's only Ogbah, and Shelton who's injured. The Bengals just took 225yds rushing from the Chiefs, probably more than we took in an entire preseason. They have some pass rushers outside and Geno and Burfict inside and that's it, you can gash them up the middle like you can kiss girls in BMS.
Well, the Steelers did draft TJ Watt, who could be a mismatch for a lot of RTs in the league. As for the Bengals, I think their passrush can be gameplanned around with a quick passing game. Slants from Wallace and Maclin while Perriman forces their safeties to play deep. And of course check downs to Woodhead, letting him outrun their LBs.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm just gonna pull an instagram.

@Truth
Wilson's looked solid during in-game action. Been a victim of misreporting with multiple source likely piggybacking off of each other and reporting that he allowed 2 TDs against Detroit. He gave up 3 receptions on 6 targets, tight coverage on the catches, so there were pluses within negatives. He was by far their highest graded CB in that game, unfortunately missing time after injured against Dallas and being used sparingly thereafter. I'm anxious to see how he performs in his first season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wilson's looked solid during in-game action. Been a victim of misreporting with multiple source likely piggybacking off of each other and reporting that he allowed 2 TDs against Detroit. He gave up 3 receptions on 6 targets, tight coverage on the catches, so there were pluses within negatives. He was by far their highest graded CB in that game, unfortunately missing time after injured against Dallas and being used sparingly thereafter. I'm anxious to see how he performs in his first season.
so am I. We were both big fans. His strength is press coverage, but he needed to show a little more physicality in the run game, but I remember conversations we had during the forum mock.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
C'mon, C Mac was a hell of a player and a good teammate. True, he never involved himself in the community much outside the bars. Funny story, while working at Suggs house one day, I walked into the basement and could have sworn it was C Mac sprawled out on the couch. He was sleeping off something because he never woke up while I was working there.

The Raven

Veteran
Heres a thought, why isnt CMac in the ring of honor?
Probably because he partied more than he philanthropized. Then again, Jamal Lewis was up to some shady stuff, yet he made it in.

C-Mac should still be in. Highly underrated outside of Baltimore but one of the best corners in his generation.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh, here's a random thought I got during yesterday's game. Terrell Suggs is a legitimate first ballot Hall of Famer. No doubt about it. He's taking over games at 35.

Lets get that SB win then its a lock. Seriously he was on time in the preseason as well.

The Raven

Veteran
Oldest player to win Defensive MVP?

Dude needs to not lose steam like he did last year but I think it's doable with the fellas around him. He's got the supporting cast to truly keep him fresh now. I don't think they can afford to double him anymore, either.

Lets get that SB win then its a lock. Seriously he was on time in the preseason as well.

Absolutely a lock if we win the SB. Especially if he retired right after? People would be telling that "he retired on top story" that would keep him in the dialogue. If he retires on top like that you're going to see "Suggs to the HOF?" on ESPN, NFL Network, and Sports Illustrated. While that media attention shouldn't be what gets him in, it would help him get in.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Probably because he partied more than he philanthropized. Then again, Jamal Lewis was up to some shady stuff, yet he made it in.

C-Mac should still be in. Highly underrated outside of Baltimore but one of the best corners in his generation.

Jamal and Chris are in no way, shape or form similar. lol

The Raven

Veteran
Jamal and Chris are in no way, shape or form similar. lol
Both were among the best at their position and were important to the franchise, and each had some suspect aspects of their personal lives. Is there a better comparison to make?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I thought I would post this on the random thought thread to ask a question? What is the team's official position on the number 19? I think Scott Mitchell was the only one to wear it, which kinda still bothers me, as not only was he a QB - he was the worst one in Ravens history. I know no one has worn it since, but I don't think that number has been officially retired. Do the Ravens just tell players, please don't pick that number as older Ravens fans will probably get upset with you? I guess they could get away with that for rookies, but not sure about future free agents. Can anyone shed some light on this. Thanks.