• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching Adoree Jackson and Kevin King this preseason makes the Humphrey pick look a lot better.
Kevin king was a monumental reach to begin with and adoree Jackson has always been a project. Still though, Tennessee has a winning roster atm and should've traded back to target awuzie and gotten a more finished product

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kevin king was a monumental reach to begin with and adoree Jackson has always been a project. Still though, Tennessee has a winning roster atm and should've traded back to target awuzie and gotten a more finished product

I still remember ESPN blasting the pick and saying it was a massive reach and that he wasnt one of the top 4 corners in this class.

The fact that every GM had him as 2nd best corner and some at 1 though makes me smile at how bad ESPN seems to have blown it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I still remember ESPN blasting the pick and saying it was a massive reach and that he wasnt one of the top 4 corners in this class.

The fact that every GM had him as 2nd best corner and some at 1 though makes me smile at how bad ESPN seems to have blown it.
Are you referring to Humphrey?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes. ESPN completely dropped the ball on him. They had no idea how high GMs were on him.
Agree. It's the reason I watch Mayock and the NFL Network during the draft. Although he's not perfect he is much more accurate than anyone at ESPN.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I know this isn't Ravens related, but this has got to be one of the funnier headlines I've seen thus far:

Top_Headlines.jpg

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
Does anyone remember seeing Flacco at any of the preseason games this summer? The only time I remember seeing him was during the 300 reruns of his commercial. Being there would have at least shown he supported his teammates, even if he had done what he usually does and sat on the end of the bench by himself. I know it really doesn't matter all that much since it's only preseason, but in my humble opinion, any true leader wants to be with his guys through it all.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Just saw that Bleacher Report has the Ravens ranked 11th in their power rankings. Even I think that's rich.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just saw that Bleacher Report has the Ravens ranked 11th in their power rankings. Even I think that's rich.

I think they are pretty right with where the Ravens are. When you have what will almost certainly be the best defense in football you are incapable of being a bad football team even if the offense as a whole is below average.

If I were to criticize there list I would say Miami is too high. I know they made the playoffs last year but they were not a 10-6 team and were not one of the top 6 teams in the AFC. I think at best you could argue they were the 10th best AFC team and when they sneaked into the playoffs it showed instantly when they played a real team as it did during the season every single time they did.

I also wonder why the Colts are 32. I dont think the Colts are great, or even good, but I would have them over the Bills, Jets, 49ers for sure and possibly the Browns and Bears.

I guess I could also say they have the Steelers overrated (but power rankings do every single year) and the Raiders underrated. To me the Raiders are the team most likely to knock off the Pats in the AFC and the Steelers are a playoff team but they are not going to make too much noise once they get there.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yea i like awuzie alot

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Does anyone remember seeing Flacco at any of the preseason games this summer? The only time I remember seeing him was during the 300 reruns of his commercial. Being there would have at least shown he supported his teammates, even if he had done what he usually does and sat on the end of the bench by himself. I know it really doesn't matter all that much since it's only preseason, but in my humble opinion, any true leader wants to be with his guys through it all.
Thats cause he not a true competitor nor leader

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't think its where we are at. I think its too high. The passing game has a ton of talent, but the running game is likely to be a major hinderence. Knowing Marty he will become overly pass happy and ignore it anyway, but still. Even with the scheme change the line is going to struggle. Hurst was not that great during the preseason, Howard is out of shape, and even though Jensen looked good, he's still not an amazing run blocker(good pass blocker though). Jensen may be an upgrade over Zuttah, but the oline is going to hold the team back in all the ways. Our defense, even with the depth, is likely to get gassed because of this.

It's a shame. The other units have so much talent. If we had a great oline line I'd pick us to win it all. But nope. It's gonna be at best below average, at worst atrocious. We're last year's Denver Broncos with a better QB. Great defense. Good weapons. Offense line holds the team back. This team reeks 8-8 imo.

God I hope we make an acquisition ala Monroe in 2013.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Quincy Wilson? Anyone?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If only our offense can somehow average over 20+ points a game, I think we can make it to the post season on the strength of our D. But, I'm unsure with lack of practice for Flacco with his receivers and the absolutely average to below average staple of RBs and O-line, we can do that. In any case, we'll find out a lot about this team on how we navigate the first quarter of the season. If we can somehow go 3-1 we'll be alright. If not, we don't stand much of a chance at the post season especially if we lose 2 out of 3 to Division opponents.