• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tbh trading your picks away for a proven and high quality player makes more sense this year. Who knows what college football is going to look like. Evaluation might be tough, juniors might stay, and so on...

but it's likely more than 1 year's 1st round pick and you only give that sort of capital up if you're going to re-sign that player at some point which is no guarantee with Adams just because of the position our roster and our budget is in right now

if we were talking just a 1st rounder like the steelers gave up for minkah fitzpatrick then go for it - but when you start talking about 2 years worth of 1st rounders we're getting into uncomfortable territory

would be a major win now and deal with it later move if we did do it though

it's one of those where if it happens im elated to have the player but would be shocked if we even got close to the asking price required

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
but it's likely more than 1 year's 1st round pick and you only give that sort of capital up if you're going to re-sign that player at some point which is no guarantee with Adams just because of the position our roster and our budget is in right now

if we were talking just a 1st rounder like the steelers gave up for minkah fitzpatrick then go for it - but when you start talking about 2 years worth of 1st rounders we're getting into uncomfortable territory

it's one of those where if it happens im elated to have the player but would be shocked if we even got close to the asking price required
oh stop, were gonna get him for a 5th rounder

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Why would we even entertain the idea? We have a queue of young pro bowlers waiting on extensions and would have to give multiple high picks to bring another? Not to mention he's crying after only a 3rd year of his rookie contract and has a bit of history with throwing tantrums like a petulant child.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why would we even entertain the idea? We have a queue of young pro bowlers waiting on extensions and would have to give multiple high picks to bring another? Not to mention he's crying after only a 3rd year of his rookie contract and has a bit of history with throwing tantrums like a petulant child.
Just wondering, there isn’t any inherent bias against Adams because of the college he went to, right?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lol I’m just fooling. I never knew of any diva tendencies with Adams though
Because he isn’t a diva lol. Why would you want to be apart of that shit organization

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why are we hyping up for Jamal adams? We already have a high level in-box safety. He wears #22.

I’m on the trade for Yannick boat! He’s going to cost less to acquire. we’ll be trading to improve a weak position group over a stacked group.

Close your eyes and envision Campbell, Wolfe, Ferguson with the interior rush.. yannick speed rushing one side, and judon there to clean up the sack (his speciality lol).

TEAM YANNICK! Who’s with me!?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Why are we hyping up for Jamal adams? We already have a high level in-box safety. He wears #22.

I’m on the trade for Yannick boat! He’s going to cost less to acquire. we’ll be trading to improve a weak position group over a stacked group.

Close your eyes and envision Campbell, Wolfe, Ferguson with the interior rush.. yannick speed rushing one side, and judon there to clean up the sack (his speciality lol).

What’s with this “box safety” crap? Just because he’s a sure tackler? He’s one of the best coverage safety’s as well. I’d put only Derwin and maybe Eddie Jackson ahead of him in terms of playing coverage. He can literally play any position on defense except the line

He cant set the edge which has been a problem for us so i'll pass.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s with this “box safety” crap? Just because he’s a sure tackler? He’s one of the best coverage safety’s as well. I’d put only Derwin and maybe Eddie Jackson ahead of him in terms of playing coverage. He can literally play any position on defense except the line

Lol I was hoping you guys caught the sarcasm part when I compared adams to jimmy Smith. Nonetheless, I would be hype for either one of those 2.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lol I was hoping you guys caught the sarcasm part when I compared adams to jimmy Smith. Nonetheless, I would be hype for either one of those 2.
My bad lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Despite what some say, I don't see it being multiple first rounders. If they actually wanted to trade him, they'd take a first rounder for him. Worst case like a 1st and maybe a 4th/5th. He's probably an upgrade on Fitzpatrick, but their values aren't dramatically different in a trade market.
2. Ultimately, if the Ravens went this route, I would suspect they would align Adams extension alongside the release of Earl, which would likely be after either 2020 or certainly after 2021, which is when I think they'll cut Earl to begin with. There's no scenario possible I see where they pay to Safeties elite money at the same time.

Ultimately, I doubt a trade for Jamal is in our future. We like Clark, and I don't think we're interested in largely pushing him to the bench/sub-package role. The only thing that would change my mind is a major industry to one of the two mid-season. If Jamal stays a Jet for 2020, and Earl or Clark tears their ACL in October, I think we'll get very interested very quickly.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
As far as cvg i dnt even think he is close. Maybe jets dont use him that way or maybe i havent seen enough games, but when i watch him play i dnt see any elite cvg skills

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ultimately, if the Ravens went this route, I would suspect they would align Adams extension alongside the release of Earl, which would likely be after either 2020 or certainly after 2021, which is when I think they'll cut Earl to begin with. There's no scenario possible I see where they pay to Safeties elite money at the same time.

This is important because of the rumor that came out saying he'd wait for an extension if he landed on a desired team. But can we fit him under the cap with his current salary?