• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The prognosis for training camp and a full season are looking bleaker by the hour.
Yea.....honestly, deep down, I’m not so sure there will be one. There will at least be a delay. Hopefully that’s the madden/Drake curse for Lamar.....a delay of the season

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't get me wrong, Davesta, I'd love Jamal Adams. But we all know that me and Brother JAAM have been on the #FreeYannick bandwagon for the longest. #SIIE!

I would like to join this wagon. #BringYannickHome

we've only had 2 and a half misses since 2010 in round 1: elam, perriman and hayden hurst (if you count him as a miss)

since 2016 we've been nailing the first round outside of hurst...

Ronnie Stanley all-pro LT
Marlon Humphrey all-pro CB
Lamar Jackson MVP QB
Hollywood

and we'll see with patrick queen but he was a great pick talent-wise

but we also got CJ Mosley and Jimmy Smith in the last decade in the first round too...

we've drafted 3 all pros in the first round in a row from 2016 and it's too early to tell how good hollywood will or can be yet

im not suggesting adams is unproven - just that 2 1sts doesnt normally equal 1 talented player based on historical drafting

2 of our worst misses in first round history happened since 2010 and they still dont get close to balancing out the good picks made in the 1st round by the ravens last decade

I count trade backs in 2010 and 2012 as misses, and I dont count Queen because he hasnt played. Hurst is indeed a miss.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The prognosis for training camp and a full season are looking bleaker by the hour.
Shit makes me sick, all we had to do here in the US was stay the fuck home for a few weeks but no, give every business the opportunity to cheat the system and keep people working, let everybody go out and throw a fit over a fucking mask, let the Karen’s literally protest because they want a haircut.

for the first time in my life, I’m finding myself not too proud to be an American. we’ve been a fucking disgrace. The American way is literally just work yourself to death and lol good luck because we’re gonna tax tf out of you and also don’t get sick because then you’ll lose everything you have, and Americans are fucking standing firmly by that way of life and protesting because they don’t get to continue living that way for a few weeks.

these bootlicking mfs are so simple dude, you got the system by the balls because it’s proven now more than ever that the US economy is driven by the people’s labor, but instead of standing up and saying “treat us fairly or were never coming back” they stand up and say “we wanna go back to working ourselves to death and getting taxed into
Oblivion!”

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why would we even entertain the idea? We have a queue of young pro bowlers waiting on extensions and would have to give multiple high picks to bring another? Not to mention he's crying after only a 3rd year of his rookie contract and has a bit of history with throwing tantrums like a petulant child.
I agree with this. It would make absolutely no sense to trade for him because we wouldn't be able to extend him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The thing is we've been 50/50 on 1st round moves since 2010, sitting put and trading back has been hit and miss. Potentially trading for Adams however isnt likd moving up for an unproven prospect its trading for the best player at his position.
Hurst wasn't really a miss. He's a good player that was stuck behind Andrews.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If your first round pick is outperformed by your second first rounder, your first third rounder, and your second third rounder, then it was a miss lol.

hurst was traded after 2 years for -30 draft slots and a RB who will likely add ten times the value of hurst, was selected, 30 slots later.

Add the fact that we passed on Calvin Ridley for hurst, and to this day we have maybe the leagues best TE tandem WITHOUT hurst, and one of the leagues worst overall wr corps despite adding a first rounder and 2 third rounders the next 2 drafts, and holy shit the Hurst pick becomes an astoundingly large miss.

If he was the right pick we wouldnt have traded him, and I seriously doubt we made him a first round pick with an eye to trade him for draft capital two years later.

Even the Falcons didnt even think he was worth a second because they wanted our 4th round pick as well.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Shit makes me sick, all we had to do here in the US was stay the fuck home for a few weeks but no, give every business the opportunity to cheat the system and keep people working, let everybody go out and throw a fit over a fucking mask, let the Karen’s literally protest because they want a haircut.

for the first time in my life, I’m finding myself not too proud to be an American. we’ve been a fucking disgrace. The American way is literally just work yourself to death and lol good luck because we’re gonna tax tf out of you and also don’t get sick because then you’ll lose everything you have, and Americans are fucking standing firmly by that way of life and protesting because they don’t get to continue living that way for a few weeks.

these bootlicking mfs are so simple dude, you got the system by the balls because it’s proven now more than ever that the US economy is driven by the people’s labor, but instead of standing up and saying “treat us fairly or were never coming back” they stand up and say “we wanna go back to working ourselves to death and getting taxed into
Oblivion!”
JFC this is good

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’ve been seeing Earl and a pick or two being floated around as a suggestion. Is it feasible with Earl’s contract?

Has anyone noticed that Michael Campanaro is really active on twitter, especially when it comes to Ravens news or player interactions? I've even seen him arguing with NBA players.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Why would we even entertain the idea? We have a queue of young pro bowlers waiting on extensions and would have to give multiple high picks to bring another? Not to mention he's crying after only a 3rd year of his rookie contract and has a bit of history with throwing tantrums like a petulant child.

I agree with this. It would make absolutely no sense to trade for him because we wouldn't be able to extend him.

I can't imagine giving up a first rounder and/or other picks without an extension.
We have players on the team now who are in need of extending already.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If your first round pick is outperformed by your second first rounder, your first third rounder, and your second third rounder, then it was a miss lol.

hurst was traded after 2 years for -30 draft slots and a RB who will likely add ten times the value of hurst, was selected, 30 slots later.

Add the fact that we passed on Calvin Ridley for hurst, and to this day we have maybe the leagues best TE tandem WITHOUT hurst, and one of the leagues worst overall wr corps despite adding a first rounder and 2 third rounders the next 2 drafts, and holy shit the Hurst pick becomes an astoundingly large miss.
some players take longer to develop, plus he had the injury in the preseason in year one that put him behind Andrews for two years. Imo, he will play like a first rounder in year one.

I would have preferred Ridley in 2018 also, but if we had drafted Ridley, we wouldn't have drafted Hollywood and I'd prefer Hollywood over Ridley long term.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If he was the right pick we wouldnt have traded him, and I seriously doubt we made him a first round pick with an eye to trade him for draft capital two years later.

Even the Falcons didnt even think he was worth a second because they wanted our 4th round pick as well.
Hurst asked for the trade so he wouldn't be stuck behind Andrews. He has a lot of potential and showed that whenever he was on the field. Our offense was using him as a blocker a lot as well. Hurst dropped one pass in two years.