• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
some players take longer to develop, plus he had the injury in the preseason in year one that put him behind Andrews for two years. Imo, he will play like a first rounder in year one.

I would have preferred Ridley in 2018 also, but if we had drafted Ridley, we wouldn't have drafted Hollywood and I'd prefer Hollywood over Ridley long term.
What’s to say we don’t draft Hollywood? We drafted Hollywood and then traded up the next day for another wr. Hollywood was pretty clearly the only player remaining on our board at 25 and we would’ve taken him whether we had a wr or not.

and none of that makes the hurst pick not a miss. All of those factors just make it even more of a miss lol.

Reactions: cdp

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there. You guys are unsung heroes. I’m 29 and lost my pops when I was 25. Cherish each and every second with the old man, and give your dad a hug for me today!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What’s to say we don’t draft Hollywood? We drafted Hollywood and then traded up the next day for another wr. Hollywood was pretty clearly the only player remaining on our board at 25 and we would’ve taken him whether we had a wr or not.

and none of that makes the hurst pick not a miss. All of those factors just make it even more of a miss lol.
well it's not a guarantee by any means, but I don't think we would have taken a 1st round WR in back to back drafts. JMO.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
well it's not a guarantee by any means, but I don't think we would have taken a 1st round WR in back to back drafts. JMO.
It would’ve been Hollywood or Ford, and I feel very confident that Hollywood would’ve been firmly ahead of Ford regardless of prior drafts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
haha yeah i mean clearly less than we liked hollywood

i think what would be different is we wouldnt have earmarked hollywood so much as the guy - they literally asked lamar who he wanted and then went and got him - if we'd got ridley or someone similar the previous year would they have even asked the question?
Yes they would have lol. They’ve been all in on Lamar since the day we drafted him

Hurst asked for the trade so he wouldn't be stuck behind Andrews. He has a lot of potential and showed that whenever he was on the field. Our offense was using him as a blocker a lot as well. Hurst dropped one pass in two years.

Its not hard to have low drops when he didnt produce because he couldnt outperform two mid rounders. He failed to live up to expectations.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Russian, too. smh
You go to every forum where politics is discussed and you'll find an overwhelming participation from Russian bots with pro-Trump defense. It is fascinating to see the same responses regurgitated for a specific critique with different names on different websites. These dudes are hell bent on destroying the fabric of democracy all over the world and especially in this country and we're unwittingly falling prey and acquiescing to their strategy of dividing this country..

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I wonder if we had EDC calling the shots instead of Ozzie in ‘18, if we would’ve stood pat at 16 and got Derwin. God that sucks, but Ozzie loves his TE’s.

I wonder if we had EDC calling the shots instead of Ozzie in ‘18, if we would’ve stood pat at 16 and got Derwin. God that sucks, but Ozzie loves his TE’s.

I dont like the Hurst pick but if we had selected anyone else the board would have fallen differently and theres a possibility that we would have missed out on Lamar.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I dont like the Hurst pick but if we had selected anyone else the board would have fallen differently and theres a possibility that we would have missed out on Lamar.
This is absolutely true!