• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I dont understand why Ravens are triggered by Matt Judon tweet. Like dang the hate for the guy is real lol.
IMO, right player, wrong price

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm glad that we didn't extend Judon, I was worried we would. Too many other key players to extend that are more important than Judon. Extending Judon would have meant losing either Stanley or Humphrey with the increasing costs for Tackles & Corners.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm glad that we didn't extend Judon, I was worried we would. Too many other key players to extend that are more important than Judon. Extending Judon would have meant losing either Stanley or Humphrey with the increasing costs for Tackles & Corners.
Bet you anything if Ozzie was still in control he would’ve overpaid Judon like he did Brandon because “you can never have enough pass rushers”.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bet you anything if Ozzie was still in control he would’ve overpaid Judon like he did Brandon because “you can never have enough pass rushers”.

To be fair, I've been wondering which Pro Bowlers we could have gotten for 5th Rounders if EDC was in charge sooner lol.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The part that’s still really rough about the Judon thing, is that if he leaves we are completely bare on the edge. We would be leaning on tyus bowser in the last year of his deal and ferguson after showing NOTHING as a rookie if we didn’t have him.

I feel like they’re gonna play out judons tag and they’re banking on yannick doing the same and hitting the market next year.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The part that’s still really rough about the Judon thing, is that if he leaves we are completely bare on the edge. We would be leaning on tyus bowser in the last year of his deal and ferguson after showing NOTHING as a rookie if we didn’t have him.

I feel like they’re gonna play out judons tag and they’re banking on yannick doing the same and hitting the market next year.
Or we do what everyone knows I want but he better have pen to paper while Judon is being traded

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Or we do what everyone knows I want but he better have pen to paper while Judon is being traded
As much as I think Judon is pretty average, I don’t see how giving up resources and what would ultimately cost more money, for a player who only marginally better as a pass rusher and not nearly as effective in any other aspect, makes the ravens a better team.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Redskins may have bigger things to worry about then changing the name of their team.

Update: Redskins Play by Play Announcer Larry Michael stepping down after 16 years.

Last edited:

Art Jones, Pernell McPhee and Paul Kruger are fairly recent examples of that not being the case.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Judon is a linebacker not just a pass rusher. it sucks because he does a lot for us but even if Tyus is any good, we will end up not being able to play him either.

Crazy Bowser is in his 4th year already. he was so hyped up. we suck at 2nd rounders

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Looking at our past 8 ish drafts I have decided we should only pick in rounds 1,4&5 from now on. Trade everything else for more 5th rounders. Eric might be a genius but i’m a god. thanks.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
IMO, right player, wrong price

You can say that about most players. Most players are getting over paid due to the cap constantly going up. Im excited to see how well Matt Judon plays this year with more help added to the team pass rush wise. Other than that Judon plays like a Raven to me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Redskins may have bigger things to worry about then changing the name of their team.

Update: Redskins Play by Play Announcer Larry Michael stepping down after 16 years.

I met Larry Michael on several occasions. He's a total a$$hole and one of the most arrogant son of a bitch I've ever met. He also was never as good as the, Frank Herzog, the person he replaced. Thanks Dan, for another stupid choice. Not even close.

So glad I'm done with that so called franchise.