• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I met Larry Michael on several occasions. He's a total a$$hole and one of the most arrogant son of a [profanity deleted] I've ever met. He also was never as good as the, Frank Herzog, the person he replaced. Thanks Dan, for another stupid choice. Not even close.

So glad I'm done with that so called franchise.
I'm holding all opinions until I see some concrete reporting on this. Speculation this morning was Snyder and others were involved in sex trafficking and were linked to Epstein. That doesn't jive with anything else I'm hearing on Twitter and other areas.

Like some of the "accusations" I'm hearing about wouldn't even raise an eyebrow for me. Management assisting in covering up players, coaches, other management who cheat on their wives? I'd be shocked to find out this doesn't happen in every Pro Sports franchise. Major league baseball is notorious for "roadies", and has been for decades.

For all the hoopla this is getting in the media today, I certainly "hope" it involves actual legit crimes and cover ups (rapes, sexual assault, etc.). Finding out rich white guys cheat on their wives, cover it up, and may be addicted to drugs or alcohol is not even remotely exciting anymore to me. That's so 90s...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I met Larry Michael on several occasions. He's a total a$$hole and one of the most arrogant son of a [profanity deleted] I've ever met. He also was never as good as the, Frank Herzog, the person he replaced. Thanks Dan, for another stupid choice. Not even close.

Also, I found the Larry Michael retirement quite comical this morning. Richmond has a local radio show in the morning, and Bob Black spent a good chunk of the morning praising him and saying what a great person he was. He was flooded with twitter comments about how the Redskins DECLINED to comment on his retirement, which is incredibly abnormal for an organization that has an outgoing color man who's been there for so long.

Its not hard to put 2+2 together at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The part that’s still really rough about the Judon thing, is that if he leaves we are completely bare on the edge. We would be leaning on tyus bowser in the last year of his deal and ferguson after showing NOTHING as a rookie if we didn’t have him.

I feel like they’re gonna play out judons tag and they’re banking on yannick doing the same and hitting the market next year.

not even sure the ravens like yannick at this point tbh

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looking at our past 8 ish drafts I have decided we should only pick in rounds 1,4&5 from now on. Trade everything else for more 5th rounders. Eric might be a genius but i’m a god. thanks.

id like to keep our 3rd rounders too please just so that we can pick up the mark andrews/orlando brown types
and we had 5 3rd rounders this year too lol - id like to keep making picks like that lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
not even sure the ravens like yannick at this point tbh
or another impending free agent edge rusher, guys like von miller and melvin ingram are right up the ravens alley, guys clearly on the back 9 and are likely getting their last longish contract and want substantially less than the year 5-6 players getting mega deals on their second contracts. Theyre like the EXACT type of player we go after ala calais campbell, earl thomas, daryl smith, cory redding, trevor pryce, derrick mason, guys not quite out of their primes yet but their big names have come and gone and they now carry a reputation of being and old and thus command much less money.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'll save everybody the time... the Post article is a long read for basically nothing. Rich white coaches and management personnel sexually harassed women for about a decade. No reported sexual assaults, rapes, or anything verifiable beyond "you have a nice butt".

Never trust social media for alleged "bombshells". This falls into the category of "expected behavior from a 99.9% male dominated, testosterone driven industry".

JAAM

Hall of Famer
$10M to stop the run at an elite level isn't overpaid to me. If you wanted a pass rusher, that'd be $17-18M, with a TON more in guaranteed money.
The one thing he’s literally paid to do and yet we literally get ran out of the playoffs. 10 million well spent!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'll save everybody the time... the Post article is a long read for basically nothing. Rich white coaches and management personnel sexually harassed women for about a decade. No reported sexual assaults, rapes, or anything verifiable beyond "you have a nice butt".

Never trust social media for alleged "bombshells". This falls into the category of "expected behavior from a 99.9% male dominated, testosterone driven industry".
My hype comes entirely from pat mcafees reaction to a text he received from someone who pat confirms to be close to the situation. He claims that if half of what he read is true then dan Snyder is done and that these claims go well beyond just the redskins

am I maybe giving pat too much credit as a source who wouldn’t be lying? Sure, but he’s also given me no reason to believe he would be lying.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
My hype comes entirely from pat mcafees reaction to a text he received from someone who pat confirms to be close to the situation. He claims that if half of what he read is true then dan Snyder is done and that these claims go well beyond just the redskins

am I maybe giving pat too much credit as a source who wouldn’t be lying? Sure, but he’s also given me no reason to believe he would be lying.
I may need to watch Pat's show today to see if/when he reacted to it. If he doesn't say much about said issue, then I believe it could be legit. He did "correct" his stance on the Bubba Wallace situation and I'll leave it at that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I may need to watch Pat's show today to see if/when he reacted to it. If he doesn't say much about said issue, then I believe it could be legit. He did "correct" his stance on the Bubba Wallace situation and I'll leave it at that.
I saw the clip when he was live recording and he looked like he was gonna shit his pants in shock and awe, and he was dying to read out loud what he was just sent, but he said they are a huge deal and that he doesn’t wanna repeat it and have parts of it be false and be sued for slander and libel. It seemed a VERY genuine response to a text that he wasn’t expecting to get, nothing felt scripted or fake

The one thing he’s literally paid to do and yet we literally get ran out of the playoffs. 10 million well spent!

Going from memory all the big runs were on the outside which isnt his responsibility. Also he will go back to his proper position this season so I think we will improve as a result.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

seriously worth the read and completely disagree with you. It's a must read about a disgusting organization. Please don't make light of the issue.......

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

How the story was leaked to come out, but the release took an extra 3-4 days... i wonder if some of the rumors were true, but the NFL got involved and did damage-control. If a team were ever to get caught with ref-bribery, that with CoVid, I would seriously doubt a NFL season. With sports gambling coming back, and a NFL team moving to Vegas, that would be a armageddon-like bombshell.

Goodell probably called Bezos and told him “listen, if you ever want to own a NFL team.. abort mission.”

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
How the story was leaked to come out, but the release took an extra 3-4 days... i wonder if some of the rumors were true, but the NFL got involved and did damage-control. If a team were ever to get caught with ref-bribery, that with CoVid, I would seriously doubt a NFL season. With sports gambling coming back, and a NFL team moving to Vegas, that would be a armageddon-like bombshell.

Goodell probably called Bezos and told him “listen, if you ever want to own a NFL team.. abort mission.”
The prevailing thought about the delayed release was from the Washington Post's own legal team scrubbing through "source information". The last thing the Post wants is to publish an article like this that's based on non-confirmable information that would backfire in a lawsuit.

Given the actual scope of this, quite frankly, I don't think the NFL really cares that much.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
seriously worth the read and completely disagree with you. It's a must read about a disgusting organization. Please don't make light of the issue.......
I didn't learn anything from the article that wasn't leaked already, and frankly, the article to me is kind of a joke.

Like can anybody really say, honestly, that they're surprised that a purely masculine culture, like a Pro Sports team, would be engaged in degrading behavior towards women? Look at how pretty much every NFL team has treated cheerleaders and "dance teams" for the last several decades.

I read nothing in that article that rose above the level of rich white guys telling coworkers they had "nice butts". There was nothing said about sexual assaults, rapes, drugs or alcohol abuse where women were taken advantage of.

Like on the scale of 1 being a perfect organization, and 10 being treating women at a Bill Cosby level, this is like a 3.

Maybe it seems like I'm making light of the situation, but that's because social media made this out to be the story of the century. And I should have known better, because it dawned on me too late that in today's ultra PC, anything done to disparage others is deemed to be the end of the world culture, this apparently comes off as a monster story.