• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I definitely trust your eye and if that's true that he is really starting to elevate those around him, who knows he could really make the Bengals a problem again. They were kinda our boogeyman of the last few years and I'd like to kinda keep them outta the picture for a little while if possible. In general I think our division this year is a lot more interesting than it's been in awhile. Looks like there's a legit chance no one is under 6 wins this year.

that's definitely true this year - the division is still in flux though at the qb position - the steelers havent found their successor to big ben yet and baker mayfield has started year 3 looking like he's still in year 2 and if that continues then the browns might be looking for the next option at QB soon too (a bit early to say right now though)

conversely look at the NFC West - we might see with the addition of the 7th seed a division have all 4 teams get into the playoffs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't disagree with you. I think my point wasn't conveyed too clearly. I thought his first game was real shakey. His second game showed me a big flash. If he continues to get better which he obviously will, he looks to be on track to be a franchise QB. However, with all that being said I still think he didn't look that great. That's again, not because of him but because his team is so bad. Like you said AJ Green is a shell of his former self. The OLine is atrocious and subsequently did not allow for downfield passing. Running game provided no help. How can the kid who looks like he's got the talent show it if he's running for his life and just dunking it off for 5 yards 60 times a game?
to me I saw a rookie qb throw it 60 times and carry his atrocious team to a game that they had no business being in. What I saw from burrow Thursday night was the kinda shit we saw from Andrew luck and Matt Stafford, who to me are 2 of the most talented qbs we’ve ever seen but have been on HORRIBLE teams their whole careers, and carried their teams to competitive games while every other part of the team gets their shit stomped in. That’s why I say if they build a strong team around him, they’re gonna be trouble.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
to me I saw a rookie qb throw it 60 times and carry his atrocious team to a game that they had no business being in. What I saw from burrow Thursday night was the kinda shit we saw from Andrew luck and Matt Stafford, who to me are 2 of the most talented qbs we’ve ever seen but have been on HORRIBLE teams their whole careers, and carried their teams to competitive games while every other part of the team gets their shit stomped in. That’s why I say if they build a strong team around him, they’re gonna be trouble.

Yep! Completely agree. If the Bengals continue to be like perrenial lions or the browns, then that talent is probably going to be wasted on them. If they put a team around him it could have an LJ like effect. Now I'd obviously much prefer the Bengals not be good, but it would be cool for their to be an awesome rivalry there because personally, I see no rivalry between LJ and Ben and the one between LJ and Baker is not that cool because LJ has just been so much better than him it's kinda crazy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep! Completely agree. If the Bengals continue to be like perrenial lions or the browns, then that talent is probably going to be wasted on them. If they put a team around him it could have an LJ like effect. Now I'd obviously much prefer the Bengals not be good, but it would be cool for their to be an awesome rivalry there because personally, I see no rivalry between LJ and Ben and the one between LJ and Baker is not that cool because LJ has just been so much better than him it's kinda crazy.
Steelers / Ravens will always be a strong rivalry.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And right on cue, the Broncos had a chance to WIN the game and LOSE due to a sack on a 4th &2 play. Once again, things like THAT reminds you that the Ravens MUST take care of their own business cause NO HELP is coming! Lol!

GO RAVENS BEAT THE TEXANS!

Simba

Staff Member
Every time I see Edelman it reminds me of the time where we were considering both him and Emmanuel Sanders in FA and we opted to draft Campanaro instead.

The FO quote was something like “Why would we sign Edelman or Sanders for $5M a year when we could get the same guy late in the draft?”

I think they were a little bit wrong on that one.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Every time I see Edelman it reminds me of the time where we were considering both him and Emmanuel Sanders in FA and we opted to draft Campanaro instead.

The FO quote was something like “Why would we sign Edelman or Sanders for $5M a year when we could get the same guy late in the draft?”

I think they were a little bit wrong on that one.
Lol. Tbh lots of people have gotten much more knowledgeable on things like that. Past season, even with our rookies, i havent seen as much bias or fandom like how it used to be.

Simba

Staff Member
Lol. Tbh lots of people have gotten much more knowledgeable on things like that. Past season, even with our rookies, i havent seen as much bias or fandom like how it used to be.

That was actually a quote from someone in the front office... can’t remember exactly who. But after they drafted Campanaro they straight up admitted that they considered signing one of those two, but opted to save the comp pick because they thought they could get the same guy in Camp. Big miss there.

That was actually a quote from someone in the front office... can’t remember exactly who. But after they drafted Campanaro they straight up admitted that they considered signing one of those two, but opted to save the comp pick because they thought they could get the same guy in Camp. Big miss there.

Well he was a 7th round pick and he was good player, just could never stay healthy. He only missed 6 games in 4 years at college so it's not like they ignored a injury red flag. Bad luck more than anything else.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well he was a 7th round pick and he was good player, just could never stay healthy. He only missed 6 games in 4 years at college so it's not like they ignored a injury red flag. Bad luck more than anything else.
Wasnt anything close to sanders nor edleman though

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
After 2 weeks it looks to me that there are only 4 teams with the talent to win the Superbowl.
AFC Ravens, Chiefs
NFC Seahawks, Packers

Idk why but something tells me that those 2 NFC teams might be better than the AFC ones. I know I said the other day we could go 15-1, and I still believe that, but I'm just so uncomfortable about the idea of winning in the playoffs.