• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Morgan Cox is our only 1st team all pro. Not that it isn't deserved, but I wonder how they choose the long snappers.

justin tucker is the only raven on the 2nd team

cant really argue with the 1st team picks though in terms of ravens participants... not sure who would have a chance - you could argue orlando brown but would he be LT or RT which probably dinged him somewhat but he for sure should have been in the picture for the 2nd team

not sure there can be any arguments with anything else though

Simba

Staff Member
Morgan Cox is our only 1st team all pro. Not that it isn't deserved, but I wonder how they choose the long snappers.

No real arguments this year.

Orlando Brown had a slow start, but if he had done this all year, he'd be fighting for a spot.

Think you could argue Humphrey for 1st or 2nd team but Howard, Ramsey, and Alexander in particular are all more than deserving.

Give Tucker 5 more FG attempts and he's probably an option for 1st team, but he was middle of the pack in attempts this year and Sanders had a good year himself.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No real arguments this year.

Orlando Brown had a slow start, but if he had done this all year, he'd be fighting for a spot.

Think you could argue Humphrey for 1st or 2nd team but Howard, Ramsey, and Alexander in particular are all more than deserving.

Give Tucker 5 more FG attempts and he's probably an option for 1st team, but he was middle of the pack in attempts this year and Sanders had a good year himself.

yeah tucker was a victim of a low number of fg attempts this year

i think if orlando had had a fast start he'd not only be fighting for a spot but easily in

cornerback was stacked this year and no one cares about marlon's forced fumbles when Howard had 10 picks

JO_75

Hall of Famer
As a completely random aside, when I went down to Atlanta for the Ravens game and SEC championship game in 2018, Tim Tebow was staying in the same hotel. Spotted him in the lobby talking to someone and as he was walking away, I at least wanted to say hi. This guy was so nice. Came over, shook my hand, and introduced himself as Tim (like I didn't know). Posed for a bunch of pictures with people after as well. Love him for the play above and that his persona isn't an act. Seems like a genuinely good guy.

Side note that Mark Ingram was also staying in the same hotel. Little did I know he'd become a Raven just a few months later.

That's awesome. He's still doing Baseball with the Mets I believe, don't think he'll ever make it to the majors but he should have gotten another chance in the NFL.

Simba

Staff Member
No complaints really but was Ramsey really that good compared to Marlon?

Yeah he had one of those years where no one really threw at him, so the stats aren't really there, but the impact is. Think I saw that he allowed no more than 50 yards in coverage in any game all season... and an average of 20 yards per game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No complaints really but was Ramsey really that good compared to Marlon?

yeah ramsey had an amazing year - in terms of passer rating i think only Jimmy Smith allowed a lower passer rating when targeted and jimmy only played 40% of the snaps for us whereas ramsey's playing basically 100% for the rams

that on top of the fact that ramsey's just not being thrown at at all this year - dude was about as lockdown as they come

the 2nd team corners were awesome too - jaire alexander has been a lockdown guy all year and tredavious white too has been awesome - you could make the argument marlon vs tredavious for the last spot on the 2nd team all-pro but that's basically it this year

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
we're gonna have to work out what edges we're paying first this offseason before we see if we can bring in anyone else from other teams
Bowser is my #1 priority. Judon and/or Ngakoue depend on how much we have left.
Joe Douglas said Marcus Maye is of high priority. I hope he hits FA but I doubt it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bowser is my #1 priority. Judon and/or Ngakoue depend on how much we have left.
Joe Douglas said Marcus Maye is of high priority. I hope he hits FA but I doubt it.

i know we gave up the 3rd for Ngakoue and that he's been getting some pressure

but I really think if we can keep 2 of those 3 that i'd rather let ngakoue go than judon

but yeah bowser feels like a must-retain signing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i know we gave up the 3rd for Ngakoue and that he's been getting some pressure

but I really think if we can keep 2 of those 3 that i'd rather let ngakoue go than judon

but yeah bowser feels like a must-retain signing
Judons been playing the best ball of his career, but he has very low lows and they come frequently, and his age is a concern as well, he’s 29, yannick is 25, one is heading towards the downslide and the other isn’t in their physical prime yet

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Judons been playing the best ball of his career, but he has very low lows and they come frequently, and his age is a concern as well, he’s 29, yannick is 25, one is heading towards the downslide and the other isn’t in their physical prime yet
I think we resign both yannick and tyusj

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we resign both yannick and tyusj
Bowser is the most important by far imo, his skillset is rare and unique and he and the coaches finally found their groove together, and he should come cheapish.

after that I just can’t get on board with Judon over yannick, idk. I only worry that the defense would lose a lot of its swagger because he’s clearly king shit in that regard on the defense lol, I feel like his shit talking sets a certain tone

Simba

Staff Member
Bowser is the most important by far imo, his skillset is rare and unique and he and the coaches finally found their groove together, and he should come cheapish.

after that I just can’t get on board with Judon over yannick, idk. I only worry that the defense would lose a lot of its swagger because he’s clearly king shit in that regard on the defense lol, I feel like his shit talking sets a certain tone

The problem if you go with Bowser AND Judon is that you still lack a true pass rush. Both are good players and do very good things that the casual fan doesn’t see, but you’re still missing that dynamic threat to get after the QB. It doesn’t really fill a hole. That’s why I struggle letting Ngakoue go. Sack numbers weren’t there but the pressures certainly were.