• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Only I don’t see how Orlando can be considered a better or more valuable or more rare type of player, I think Orlando is a classic 80/20 guy, he’s our RT because our LT is better and if we had any sense we would tag and trade after this year and get a first because he’s clearly proven to be a starting LT worth the tag, but our LT is just better and RTs are replaceable and simply don’t hold the same value as a guy like andrews who is frequently on some telepathic shit with our qb and makes jaw dropping catches frequently.

and I don’t wanna diminish what browns done, he’s been an absolute steal and I’m gonna be really sad to see him go, but I can’t even fathom the thought of retaining brown over andrews lol, like it’s not even a consideration for me

im not saying it has to be one way or the other - i respect both sides of the argument and honestly idk which way the ravens will come down on it

i was merely describing why it wasnt disrespect to andrews

rossihunter2

Staff Member
2018 was the most entertaining and dramatic draft ever and I don’t think it will ever be topped

to trade back twice and then at 25 still have the opportunity to get the 3 guys i really wanted at that point in the draft (ridley, hernandez and lamar) having basically passed on them twice (as well as Edmunds and James earlier too) - it was insane

and then to pick of all people Hayden Hurst lol - i was like "why in hell did i stay up til like 5am to see this???"

and then 7 picks later we trade back in and in my heart of hearts i know that the only position we'd value highly enough to make that move was for a QB but not quite believing it until Goodell announced it and suddenly I couldn't sleep at all despite having a train to catch like 5 hours later

and then to go completely AWOL the rest of the weekend only to get DMs and stuff checking if i was alive because i wasnt active during the biggest weekend of the year and then finding out we managed to get orlando, andrews, averett (who i had a 2nd round grade on), lasley who i liked, bozeman who i thought was steady etc. etc. while i was high as fuck on the friday night and drunk the entire time

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Only I don’t see how Orlando can be considered a better or more valuable or more rare type of player, I think Orlando is a classic 80/20 guy, he’s our RT because our LT is better and if we had any sense we would tag and trade after this year and get a first because he’s clearly proven to be a starting LT worth the tag, but our LT is just better and RTs are replaceable and simply don’t hold the same value as a guy like andrews who is frequently on some telepathic shit with our qb and makes jaw dropping catches frequently.

and I don’t wanna diminish what browns done, he’s been an absolute steal and I’m gonna be really sad to see him go, but I can’t even fathom the thought of retaining brown over andrews lol, like it’s not even a consideration for me
If we can get a 1st out his ass then im with you on this one.. however, part of me wants to keep both him and andrews.. stanley and brown for the next few yrs would be crazy.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we can get a 1st out his ass then im with you on this one.. however, part of me wants to keep both him and andrews.. stanley and brown for the next few yrs would be crazy.
I agree, if we’re able to keep them all, do it, I just don’t see any possible scenario where brown doesn’t become a LT and set the market in doing so.

obviously that’s not happening here lol, with or without andrews. So in that case, tag and trade, we will undoubtedly get a first round pick for a pro bowl caliber LT who’s only going into his 5th year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
to trade back twice and then at 25 still have the opportunity to get the 3 guys i really wanted at that point in the draft (ridley, hernandez and lamar) having basically passed on them twice (as well as Edmunds and James earlier too) - it was insane

and then to pick of all people Hayden Hurst lol - i was like "why in hell did i stay up til like 5am to see this???"

and then 7 picks later we trade back in and in my heart of hearts i know that the only position we'd value highly enough to make that move was for a QB but not quite believing it until Goodell announced it and suddenly I couldn't sleep at all despite having a train to catch like 5 hours later

and then to go completely AWOL the rest of the weekend only to get DMs and stuff checking if i was alive because i wasnt active during the biggest weekend of the year and then finding out we managed to get orlando, andrews, averett (who i had a 2nd round grade on), lasley who i liked, bozeman who i thought was steady etc. etc. while i was high as fuck on the friday night and drunk the entire time
We chose Hayden hurst... I still can’t believe it

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Also, I just want to add that our coaching staff does a great job of coaching up the OL, in general. Orlando is a stud, and I would be more than happy to keep him here long-term if we can work it out, but he's much more replaceable for this very reason. It seems like almost every year, we're able to draft guys in the mid rounds or later who we develop into starting caliber linemen.

Andrews, on the other hand, has been Lamar's favorite target from the jump and they see the game the same way; Andrews has an innate ability to find the soft spots in coverage and Lamar is able to anticipate what he's going to do. That's not something you can easily replace with just any other TE. Not to mention, Andrews has to be on the short list for best TEs in the league and I don't even think we've seen his best football yet (had a few nagging injuries last year and was dealing with COVID this year).

JAAM

Hall of Famer
LET'S GO!!!!! Speaking about that Twitter account, I almost forgot to mention that apparently he DM'ed Jordan Palmer and it looks like he'll be working with Lamar in the offseason.

Jordan working with Lamar would be amazing

I went on record HARD saying andrews would bring the ravens the biggest possible upgrade of any player available to us in the mid first. He was a top 20 talent to me and leading up to the draft I thought there was no shot at James, edmunds, or Ridley, andrews was my top choice after them.
I recall you liking Hurst more than Andrews lmao

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I recall you liking Hurst more than Andrews lmao
You recall wrong

I did like hurst but andrews was my top TE

looking back, it seems I had gesicki as my top TE but andrews and hurst were 2a and 2b and I was torn lol. Early in the process(meaning like from playoffs time until March or so) I wanted andrews in round 1

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Our team is quite active on twitter these days..

I seriously wonder what we could get for him, but I really want Orlando to be a Raven for life