• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Juju has been the better receiver this year, yes. AB may have a good amount of TDs but he’s been very quiet for a big part of the year. Not up to “elite” standards. Here’s just some quick stats.

He’s been held to under 75 yards in 9 (!!!!) games this season. Only 4 100 yard games. Only 12 ypc. That’s not great.

In comparison, Julio has had less than 75 yds 3 times, and 9 100 yard games. 15 ypc (!!) Hop only less than 74 yards 4 times, 5 100 yd games. 14 ypc.

Don’t get me wrong, AB is really good. And stats aren’t everything. But he has not been elite this season. Not even top 5. And honestly, Hopkins is my favorite receiver but Julio is the best WR in the league and it really shouldn’t be a debate.
I really think Hopkins might have surpassed Julio as the best WR in the league.

flynismo

Practice Squad
His route running, especially vs press was atrocious and he’d get completely taken out of a play even when he’s so much faster than a defender simply because he’s been eased all the way to the sideline because there’s no wiggle or nuance in his routes - Chris Moore a year ago was way better at it and he’s still not great

Never said he was anything less than dogshit as a route runner, just saying the drops and the inability to rebound from any adversity at all are worse traits, he would totally stall drives by dropping an easy 15 yard wide open ball where he had room to run, then he would hang his head and disappear for the next 2-3 weeks.

It's pretty pathetic when you suck that bad that people can't even agree on what sucked most about you. Poor Perriman.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's pretty pathetic when you suck that bad that people can't even agree on what sucked most about you. Poor Perriman.
He was also pretty abysmal tracking the ball.
He's averaging twenty yards per reception however and that is frustrating.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought this was very interesting.

Greg Roman and James Urban wrote a few pages of plays into Marty’s playbook specifically designed for Jackson.

Here is the link
https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2...y-lamar-jackson-john-harbaugh-marlon-humphrey
This is one of the few reasons i want to keep harbaugh around. Sure Marty isnt the best play caller but hes been scheming fantastically for Jacksons skill set.

If we do get a new HC. Odds are were going to overhaul the entire offensive coaching staff and i dont think thats going to help Lamars developmemt, especially with Roman, Urban, and Marty having experience with players like Vick, tyrod, and Kap. If anything id like to see us demote Marty of play calling duties and let him gameplan while Roman calls the plays.