• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just heard a disturbing factoid; The Ravens were the only team in the NFL this year that didn’t have a play from scrimmage over 50 yards.
yes but we had multiple 40 yard pass plays and a 49 yarder. We also were the only team to have a 67 yard field goal! Beat that.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game is awful. I feel like I’m watching a buddy play Madden against the CPU. I was hoping this would be a bit more competitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game is awful. I feel like I’m watching a buddy play Madden against the CPU. I was hoping this would be a bit more competitive

This post did not age well. TBF the Chiefs had three straight TD drives to start the game

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the Bengals win its to the pit of misery for you

It feels like an honor to be nominated for the pit

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is pretty much a nightmare. I'd like to see Stafford get the ring out of the remaining three. But it would be kind of interesting if the Rams do it. Because typically you can't buy superbowl winning teams even in the short term at the cost of the long term.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Ravens and Bengals will be fun next year. Could be a couple terrific games.

I give the Bengals credit, nobody thought they'd make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. Let's see how they adjust next year though. Look at the other Ohio team, the Browns didn't handle the success of 20 very well at all in 21. How do the Bengals handle a target on their backs?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Mahomes just looked stupid today. So many just unacceptable decisions. Honestly reminded me of LJ sometimes when they try and play too much hero ball. The more disciplined team won the game today

Reactions: cdp

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Ravens and Bengals will be fun next year. Could be a couple terrific games.

I give the Bengals credit, nobody thought they'd make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. Let's see how they adjust next year though. Look at the other Ohio team, the Browns didn't handle the success of 20 very well at all in 21. How do the Bengals handle a target on their backs?

Baker Mayfield ≠ Joe Burrow

Him on those Browns teams would be scary

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Baker Mayfield ≠ Joe Burrow

Him on those Browns teams would be scary

I would agree. I think, at least, on paper that the Browns have the better roster. Garrett, Ward, a stout O-line. Burrow is the ultimate equalizer though and covers up a lot of deficiencies on that Bengal roster.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Mahomes just looked stupid today. So many just unacceptable decisions. Honestly reminded me of LJ sometimes when they try and play too much hero ball. The more disciplined team won the game today

he looked like mahomes from the beginning of the year when he made needless mistakes

bengals did a good job taking away the deep stuff and dropping 7 and 8 while keeping contain in the pocket with a rusher spy - the same philosophy as what we did to the chiefs in week 2

give him as much time as he wants because you've got 7 vs 5 in coverage + a spy/layered blitzer who can disrupt second phase (post-scramble) plays

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would agree. I think, at least, on paper that the Browns have the better roster. Garrett, Ward, a stout O-line. Burrow is the ultimate equalizer though and covers up a lot of deficiencies on that Bengal roster.

bengals roster this year is pretty loaded - their only weak area is that OL
they dont have many great players on defence beyond jessie bates (and maybe trey hendrickson) but they've got good quality everywhere - and it also helps that they're one of the healthiest teams in the league