• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
yes, I do agree that Tylan Wallace has the highest ceiling of the three and Proche should be a very good slot wr in this offense, as long as he gets his opportunities.
Agreed that Tylan has the highest ceiling. Also it's obvious Proche would feast from the slot given opportunities. Let the man EAT!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'd rather spend our limited money on Edge & CB tbh. If we can get him for a decent price I'd be down with it.
Don't disagree. I think it's possible to address all 3 though potentially. Houston is your edge and won't be too expensive. That just leaves CB and WR. If it's true Stephens is gonna play a decent amount of corner then you have Marlon, Marcus, Davis, Williams, and some Nickel/Dime combination with Stephens/Washington/Chuck etc it's not the worst group. But there are also corner vets who are options to bring in too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar throwing to Andrews, Bateman, Wallace, Proche, Duv, the rookie TEs plus JK is pretty decent imo.

when you look at the receiving corps as a whole together there's a lot to like

it's only when you look at the WR corps specifically that it feels a little sketchy... as much as we imagine we can be a dynamic passing offence in 22 and 13 personnel lol, we do need to be able to threaten vertically and no matter how athletic our TEs are, they're not going to take the top off

i do think though, that one vet WR2 type guy makes a massive difference to how i feel about the unit

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wow! This Earl Thomas saga is getting really dramatic now. Here are some details about why an arrest warrant is out for him.

fucking hell - what an awful person
dude was literally planning to kill his ex and his kids

ET told AB to hold his beer

FB_IMG_1651968453772.jpg

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of Marlon's personality lol. I feel like he might actually be a little bit difficult to be friends with. He's just so odd and unrelenting with his takes. And because he's such a good and confident football player I think a little bit of that arrogance creeps into his real life personality. Love Marlon the player and the team mate, but I can tell he's a little out there for me. You can tell such a difference between someone like Marlon and Tony Jefferson on his latest studio 44 show. I'm pretty sure anyone could get along with Tony.

But on a similar but slightly unrelated topic, why is there still hazing in football and honestly other professions in general? Idk what you get out of it other than older people getting to laugh at younger ones for no actual reason other than they're younger. Idk didn't like that shit when I was in college, not a fan of it now either.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of Marlon's personality lol. I feel like he might actually be a little bit difficult to be friends with. He's just so odd and unrelenting with his takes. And because he's such a good and confident football player I think a little bit of that arrogance creeps into his real life personality. Love Marlon the player and the team mate, but I can tell he's a little out there for me. You can tell such a difference between someone like Marlon and Tony Jefferson on his latest studio 44 show. I'm pretty sure anyone could get along with Tony.

But on a similar but slightly unrelated topic, why is there still hazing in football and honestly other professions in general? Idk what you get out of it other than older people getting to laugh at younger ones for no actual reason other than they're younger. Idk didn't like that shit when I was in college, not a fan of it now either.

was thinking this about marlon the other day with the car tweet to hamilton
obviously wasnt serious but why put a young dude who you've never met before in that position

they clearly love him and his personality on the field but you're right that he doesn't seem to change off the field as much as other guys... then again i guess maybe he's just young and never not been "the guy" - he's still only 25 despite being this all-pro, long-term vet

but hazing should have no place in sports - that practice is banned at all UK universities for a reason

things like the rookie talent show are kinda fun - as long as guys know that they can opt out of it if they're uncomfortable

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
was thinking this about marlon the other day with the car tweet to hamilton
obviously wasnt serious but why put a young dude who you've never met before in that position

they clearly love him and his personality on the field but you're right that he doesn't seem to change off the field as much as other guys... then again i guess maybe he's just young and never not been "the guy" - he's still only 25 despite being this all-pro, long-term vet

but hazing should have no place in sports - that practice is banned at all UK universities for a reason

things like the rookie talent show are kinda fun - as long as guys know that they can opt out of it if they're uncomfortable
Yeah I think Marlon is as you said kind of a hot shot guy but who's still just kinda immature off the field. On the hazing thing, you probably saw that Hamilton mentioned someone was sending him messages about buying dinners but wouldn't name names. You could tell although it's largely harmless Hamilton felt it was annoying just as I'm sure all rookies across the league feel when it comes to this stuff

marklar

Pro Bowler
Re: Earl, I am still surprised that the Ravens didn't vet him better before signing. They usually seem to be very much on top of "character concerns", and considering the slow market he had at the start of FA, other teams must have known there was something not right there. No need to cry over that now, but unusual for the Raven to miss that badly

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Re: Earl, I am still surprised that the Ravens didn't vet him better before signing. They usually seem to be very much on top of "character concerns", and considering the slow market he had at the start of FA, other teams must have known there was something not right there. No need to cry over that now, but unusual for the Raven to miss that badly
I mean maybe but at that time was there any evidence of him doing outlandish or criminal bullshit? I could be wrong but I don't think so. I don't think his market was slow because of character concerns I think he just wanted a huge deal. You heard him say it when he signed. He didn't care about Baltimore at all. Just that we were the first big offer he was looking for.