• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was more of the "well we can offer 2% for 60 months for well qualified buyers".... right up until the point they find out I'm willing to put up like 50% cash. Then it's "yeah, we're not going to offer that anymore".

Even with interest rates rising, at like 3.5% interest, I'd rather not pay cash unless it's like a cheaper car. I can pay it off in half the time of the loan, only end up paying like a few hundred in interest, and have invested the difference and made more than that in that time.

Now if I was somebody with shitty credit paying like 10% interest or these ridiculous rates, then yeah, I'd rather pay cash. But also a circular reference, considering somebody with shitty credit is unlikely to come up with the cash for a new car, unless they're dealing.

It's stories like this that baffle me. Some of these auto groups have no shame

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean I get their position (sort of). If they're going to offer a low interest rate, they want as much of that interest as they can get, so it doesn't do them much good to offer low interest to somebody who's not going to borrow much.

BUT... it's also a circular reference. If I'm not putting much money down, there's a good chance I don't have high credit and therefore I'm riskier, which means I should have a higher interest rate anyway.

But basically those interest incentives seem to only be tailored to people with high credit and low cash. I'm sure there's some of them around, but I wouldn't imagine that's a frequent occurrence at a dealer.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
AND, keep in mind, this is mostly a Finance/Bank issue. It's not really the dealer.

Anybody who's battled with mortgage lenders know its the same bullshit. I've fought with banks numerous times over appraisals, interest rates, "risk theories", etc.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Credit Unions don't offer 0%

It's true that you may pay more for a vehicle if you got 0% (assuming it's available) because the lender (manufacturer) may take rebates away from you to do so.
not to individuals, but dealerships are able to give 0% financing deals to their clients through the use of credit unions and banks. 0% financing isn't really 0% financing. If you finance a car, you should consider comparing it to a bank loan and many times you will do better financing the car yourself, if you can't pay cash.

I doubt 0% financing deals are available at the moment, I was just using it as an example.

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
not to individuals, but dealerships are able to give 0% financing deals to their clients through the use of credit unions and banks. 0% financing isn't really 0% financing. If you finance a car, you should consider comparing it to a bank loan and many times you will do better financing the car yourself, if you can't pay cash.

I doubt 0% financing deals are available at the moment, I was just using it as an example.

Only the manufacturer can offer 0%.

Example. Ford offered 0% financing a few years ago up to 84 months. The bank in question would be Ford itself.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean I get their position (sort of). If they're going to offer a low interest rate, they want as much of that interest as they can get, so it doesn't do them much good to offer low interest to somebody who's not going to borrow much.

BUT... it's also a circular reference. If I'm not putting much money down, there's a good chance I don't have high credit and therefore I'm riskier, which means I should have a higher interest rate anyway.

But basically those interest incentives seem to only be tailored to people with high credit and low cash. I'm sure there's some of them around, but I wouldn't imagine that's a frequent occurrence at a dealer.

If you aren't financing that much they might as well give you the lower rate. The dealership or whoever is working your deal is being petty.

Some banks will pay a flat at buy rate. It just depends on who you are working with honestly. Some of these places will tell you ANYTHING

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Not a big fan of the all white but it is probably a smart combination in the beginning of the season, when the weather is still hot.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I would love to chime in with yall but everything i do has some form of illegality to it so yea.. lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a big fan of the all white but it is probably a smart combination in the beginning of the season, when the weather is still hot.

I don’t dislike the all white jerseys but I get what you mean

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You really like that combo?
I think it's fugly and pray they never use it again. lol
I like it a lot more than purple/purple or the Purple/white

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
But I wasn't the only person confused by it... obviously. So you sure it was "clear as day"? Literally nobody except Deebo could figure out who you were talking about, what topic you were discussing, or what it had to do with the topic everybody else was discussing at that time. You saying "its pretty clear" is an opinion, not a fact. It's really not up to you to make that call anyway.

And if Deebo is the one person that's understanding you, well, just let that sink in for a few...
You really are a dickhead, aren't you?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I don't like watching two dudes have sex, mass genocide, or crab cakes smothered in mustard. But hey, Deebo gotta be Deebo. If you like those things, more power to ya.
Who puts mustard on crab cakes!?!? Anything other than a little bit of lemon needed means it’s not a quality crab cake

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I would love to chime in with yall but everything i do has some form of illegality to it so yea.. lol
the-secret-ingredient-is-crime-jbone666.gif

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor