• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It shouldn't take to 3:30 to fire Greg Roman but this is interesting. Please let this be what we have been waiting for since the Bills playoff loss. Or perhaps Harbaugh is getting his walking papers too for refusing to fire Roman.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'd be surprised if it's anything but the normal presser. Remember that we play Saturday so Monday is no longer an off day.
We are allowed to have hope ok... if Baker can lead a team to a win after only 2 days then 5 days should be enough for Lamar and Tee Martin to come up with a new offense after we fire Greg Roman.

We are allowed to have hope ok... if Baker can lead a team to a win after only 2 days then 5 days should be enough for Lamar and Tee Martin to come up with a new offense after we fire Greg Roman.

We don't need a new playbook though and it's not realistic this late into season. We just need to stick to what's working like running yesterday and adjust when things are not. Seems simple huh? Not for GRo.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

What is it about Tee Martin that make us think he's ready to call plays at The NFL level? Do anyone really know anything about what his approach would be as a play caller ?

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
What is it about Tee Martin that make us think he's ready to call plays at The NFL level? Do anyone really know anything about what his approach would be as a play caller ?
I feel good about him too, mostly from his USC coaching days and their epic Rose Bowl shoot out win over Penn St. in 2017.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
The 5th seed might not be so bad. Face the Titans or Jags.

The division would be nice to win, but I feel better about this Ravens team against JAX or TEN than against MIA or LAC.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Gonna ramble cuz fuck it.

If we didn't get continuously fucked by injuries last year bleeding into this year plus injuries this year, I believe we're squarely battling for a superbowl. Even with Roman. Even with Bateman as the only WR of value.

A healthy JK and Gus. A healthy Peters and Fuller. A healthy Pierce and Bateman. An even healthier Stanley.

It's so fucked. Injuries ruined 40% of Lamar's rookie contract (2021 and 2022). Bricks for hands ruined 20% (2019). 20% does not count (2018). And lack of OL ruined 20% (2020).

Without injuries, the 2021 and 2022 Ravens should have competed for post season glory and Lamar should be thought of like Mahomes.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Gonna ramble cuz fuck it.

If we didn't get continuously fucked by injuries last year bleeding into this year plus injuries this year, I believe we're squarely battling for a superbowl. Even with Roman. Even with Bateman as the only WR of value.

A healthy JK and Gus. A healthy Peters and Fuller. A healthy Pierce and Bateman. An even healthier Stanley.

It's so fucked. Injuries ruined 40% of Lamar's rookie contract (2021 and 2022). Bricks for hands ruined 20% (2019). 20% does not count (2018). And lack of OL ruined 20% (2020).

Without injuries, the 2021 and 2022 Ravens should have competed for post season glory and Lamar should be thought of like Mahomes.

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Sadly Justin Tucker proved he was human in missing two FG's but also rebounded there regardless. Though he did have on blocked.